• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exactly what Obama needed to get the media attention off him.

Imnukingfutz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
A mass shooting at the Washington D.C. Naval Base is exactly what Obama needed to get the medias attention off of his bumbling and fumbling on the world stage over the Syria situation and back on to a topic so near and dear to his heart...taking the guns away from law abiding citizens.

Even as the situation was unfolding, Dianne Feinstein was blabbering her mouth and capitalizing on the situation using it to try and push the gun theft agenda.

Official updates during the shootings said confirmed by a Navy MP that an AR-15 was used...turns out there wasnt one used at all....but no retraction of the report...the news is out there and not many know the truth of it...they wont correct themselves...thats not part of the agenda.

Another tragic disaster to change everyones focus.

Very true, and well said.

Another sick thread from the Obama-haters.

A mass shooting at the Washington D.C. Naval Base is exactly what Obama needed to get the medias attention off of his bumbling and fumbling on the world stage over the Syria situation and back on to a topic so near and dear to his heart...taking the guns away from law abiding citizens.

Even as the situation was unfolding, Dianne Feinstein was blabbering her mouth and capitalizing on the situation using it to try and push the gun theft agenda.

Official updates during the shootings said confirmed by a Navy MP that an AR-15 was used...turns out there wasnt one used at all....but no retraction of the report...the news is out there and not many know the truth of it...they wont correct themselves...thats not part of the agenda.

Yep. The media, and gun grabbers, wanted it to be ala Sandy Hook, claiming a "spray of bullets" and "use of an assault rifle".

sprayed an office building with bullets

The gunman was armed with an assault-style rifle

Even though they knew otherwise:

But law enforcement officials told NBC News they believed he arrived packing only the shotgun, which he bought last week from a gun dealer in Lorton, Va., about 20 miles from Washington.

Gunman kills at least 12 at Washington Navy Yard, gathering weapons along the way - U.S. News

I expect MSM retractions to be few and far between.

Also, the FBI has confirmed that he was not armed with an AR-15 assault rifle, as had been previously reported. A spokesperson says one shotgun and two pistols were recovered at the scene, and at least one of the pistols was apparently taken from a security guard who Alexis shot.

FBI: Navy Yard Shooter Acted Alone, Purchased Shotgun 'Lawfully' - Abby Ohlheiser, Brian Feldman and Connor Simpson - The Atlantic Wire

I know there are a few mentally challenged americans who may not be capable of paying attention to more than one issue at a time, and our MSM seems to be just as mentally challenged, but most of us are able to pay attention to more than one issue. Now that we have more than just network news to look to the fact that MSM news focusses on the most recent story and ignores everything else is not as horrible or in this case beneficial for the present administration as it used to be. So calm down, Obama can take your guns and go to war which means giving out more guns at the same exact time.

Oh, and to use the right wing meme, thanks for politicizing the issue before the bodies are even cold. The left would be jealous of you ability to step on those corpses to promote your agenda.

Yeah this is exactly what Obama had planned to happen. Really lets find another thing we can put on Obama! Like it his fault my shoe is untied, or my panties shrunk!

Yeah this is exactly what Obama had planned to happen. Really lets find another thing we can put on Obama! Like it his fault my shoe is untied, or my panties shrunk!

I think the panties thing might be because of the triple cheese burger last night.

I think the panties thing might be because of the triple cheese burger last night.

That would be me. These panties I'm wearing used to be classified as boxers. Soon I fear they will be a g-string.

Who ever said he planned it...just a lucky break for him...if you can call 12 dead lucky.

I know there are a few mentally challenged americans who may not be capable of paying attention to more than one issue at a time, and our MSM seems to be just as mentally challenged, but most of us are able to pay attention to more than one issue. Now that we have more than just network news to look to the fact that MSM news focusses on the most recent story and ignores everything else is not as horrible or in this case beneficial for the present administration as it used to be. So calm down, Obama can take your guns and go to war which means giving out more guns at the same exact time.

Oh, and to use the right wing meme, thanks for politicizing the issue before the bodies are even cold. The left would be jealous of you ability to step on those corpses to promote your agenda.

politicizing it? Looks like Feinstein and Obama had already beaten me to it...hell Feinstein was saying what she sais while they were still trying to figure out where the guy was hiding and still shooting people....the dead werent even dead yet while she was politicizing it.

politicizing it? Looks like Feinstein and Obama had already beaten me to it...hell Feinstein was saying what she sais while they were still trying to figure out where the guy was hiding and still shooting people....the dead werent even dead yet while she was politicizing it.

yeah, i think there is room for both of you to dance on their graves. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about it, just that you pretend it matters for the other guy when you are hip deep in bodies.

yeah, i think there is room for both of you to dance on their graves. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about it, just that you pretend it matters for the other guy when you are hip deep in bodies.

Cant really blame me for pointing out the obvious...

Obama's debacle on Syria will go by the way side in the MSM while they push to take guns away from law abiding citizens...again.

Cant really blame me for pointing out the obvious...

Obama's debacle on Syria will go by the way side in the MSM while they push to take guns away from law abiding citizens...again.

look, I don't mind you making the argument, but don't bash the other side for doing the exact same thing like they should be ashamed. A bunch of people died and yes that is a good time to talk about the issue. It is not a disgrace to those people. If having a discussion on the issue is politicizing the issue then yes it should be done. We should not be saying this is good enough with gun violence. I am not saying we have to ban them, but we should try to stop it. Talking about it when the incidents happen is how we learn and come up with ideas.

look, I don't mind you making the argument, but don't bash the other side for doing the exact same thing like they should be ashamed. A bunch of people died and yes that is a good time to talk about the issue. It is not a disgrace to those people. If having a discussion on the issue is politicizing the issue then yes it should be done. We should not be saying this is good enough with gun violence. I am not saying we have to ban them, but we should try to stop it. Talking about it when the incidents happen is how we learn and come up with ideas.

debating issues is always the best idea...especially when we know the situation, but dont make statements to the press about gun control WHILE the situation is happening. No one had a clue who this shooter was, what his motives and intentions were. Doing so was a blatant partisan political agenda opportunity.

What if...
The shooter was a terrorist? Lets say someone from Al Qaeda or Hamas or even Syria (with all the hoopla that was stirred up there)...and she made that statement.

At least she could have waited until the last person was dead before she capitalized on an opportunity to push the agenda not while they were still being shot.

a side note;
We see how well the gun bans do....look at Chicago. Guns are all but illegal there and they lead the US in gun murders.

back on original topic;
Since this shooting 2 days ago we havent heard a peep from the media about the screw up with Syria...Obama's saving grace.

debating issues is always the best idea...especially when we know the situation, but dont make statements to the press about gun control WHILE the situation is happening. No one had a clue who this shooter was, what his motives and intentions were. Doing so was a blatant partisan political agenda opportunity.

What if...
The shooter was a terrorist? Lets say someone from Al Qaeda or Hamas or even Syria (with all the hoopla that was stirred up there)...and she made that statement.

At least she could have waited until the last person was dead before she capitalized on an opportunity to push the agenda not while they were still being shot.

a side note;
We see how well the gun bans do....look at Chicago. Guns are all but illegal there and they lead the US in gun murders.

back on original topic;
Since this shooting 2 days ago we havent heard a peep from the media about the screw up with Syria...Obama's saving grace.

oh so you are saying it is just bad timing which would get a lesser effect. I am not going to argue over that. That is up to them to sacrifice their reputation to get out a BS message. As far as i am concerned that corrects itself in an environment with open opposition.

oh so you are saying it is just bad timing which would get a lesser effect. I am not going to argue over that. That is up to them to sacrifice their reputation to get out a BS message. As far as i am concerned that corrects itself in an environment with open opposition.

It is what it is....opportunist hacks on both sides of the political isle will take advantage of an opportunity to push their agenda...doesnt make it any less disgusting. But it certainly does get people to stop talking about Obama's Syria debacle.

I am only pointing out what others have done...a saving grace for Obama to distract everyone from his screw ups on the world stage with Syria.
You're using the tragedy to push your preferred political narrative. I don't see how you're any better (or worse) than the people using it to push an anti-gun agenda.

You're using the tragedy to push your preferred political narrative. I don't see how you're any better (or worse) than the people using it to push an anti-gun agenda.

What agenda am I pushing?

The - make note of how pathetic the anti-gun crowd is - agenda?

Yea, there is an agenda for pointing out politicians ability to make anything into a political statement and using it to push their agenda...its called spreading the truth....thank you for sharing.

What agenda am I pushing?
The general anti-Obama one, with the references to his failures over Syria and accusations about his desire to take people's guns away.

Yea, there is an agenda for pointing out politicians ability to make anything into a political statement and using it to push their agenda...its called spreading the truth.
I don't think it matters how much truth there might be behind your agenda, you're still using the tragedy to promote it and that's still distasteful at best. A condemnation of Feinstein statements was perfectly legitimate but when you started wrapping other stuff around it, you came across as a little hypocritical.

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

Rahm Emanuel

The general anti-Obama one, with the references to his failures over Syria and accusations about his desire to take people's guns away.

I don't think it matters how much truth there might be behind your agenda, you're still using the tragedy to promote it and that's still distasteful at best. A condemnation of Feinstein statements was perfectly legitimate but when you started wrapping other stuff around it, you came across as a little hypocritical.

So pointing out that the Dems are using this tragic incident to push gun control is an anti Obama agenda.

OK....got ya. So the only way it isnt an anti Obama agenda is to just agree with everything he says and does and not to point out the horrible errors he has made....in other words, we are all supposed to be acting like the main stream media.

Do I have to have tingles of excitement running down my leg too?

So pointing out that the Dems are using this tragic incident to push gun control is an anti Obama agenda.
No. As I said, the anti-Obama agenda was the comment about his performance over Syria and the accusation about his desire to take away guns. They're perfectly valid criticisms in general but that doesn't stop them being part of an agenda and doesn't stop it being inappropriate to use this tragedy to promote them.

The specific condemnation of Feinstein's comments is appropriate but is entirely separate from your first paragraph. The criticism of those comments should be the same regardless of who said them.

No. As I said, the anti-Obama agenda was the comment about his performance over Syria and the accusation about his desire to take away guns. They're perfectly valid criticisms in general but that doesn't stop them being part of an agenda and doesn't stop it being inappropriate to use this tragedy to promote them.

The specific condemnation of Feinstein's comments is appropriate but is entirely separate from your first paragraph. The criticism of those comments should be the same regardless of who said them.

I dont care what side of the isle you are on...the Syria situation was a debacle. The shootings, as tragic as they were, are exactly what Obama needed to get the attention off of his poor performance on the situation.....the WH press conference & Feinstein's remarks about gun control were both politicizing the shooting...not letting a good crisis go to waste...thats not pushing an agenda, thats stating the facts.

Like I had said, if stating the truth is some kind of agenda, then I am guilty.

Back
Top Bottom