• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-Trump Org. CFO testifies Donald Trump, sons involved in tax fraud

I read that he testified that they were not involved.

"Did you conspire with any member of the Trump family?" Futerfas asked.

"No," Weisselberg replied.

"Did you scheme with Jeff McConney?" Futerfas asked.

"Yes," Weisselberg replied.

"Did you scheme with any member of the Trump family?" Futerfas asked.

Later, Futerfas asked, "Aside from family members, you were among the most trusted people they knew. Is that right?"

"Correct," Weisselberg replied.

Donald wasn't complicit in the least. His tax returns showed that when he released them....Oh wait.

Guess you and the people who liked your post couldn't or did not read MY post. I said the Trump organization was probably guilty.

Not sure what you or the others who agreed with you do not know the difference between a personal tax return and a corporate tax return.

This sounds like the type of excuse that would be made by Trump;

~Sure my company breaks the law, but there are other people who have done much worse~

(n)

Inane response. The fact that others commit the same crime does not take you off the hook. Although some might look to the 14th amendment.

The fact that others commit the same crime does not take you off the hook.
So why even mention it? You are probably regurgitating right-wing media.

Is this something Laura Ingrahm would say?

Is that supposed to be a cute response or something? I could care less what she says.

What I would genuinely like to see is prosecutors going after EVERY corporate executive and federal politician to see if they received "perks" that were used as tax deductions, with just as much effort as they go after Trump.

DO you believe the law applies equally, regardless of status? I do.

Is that supposed to be a cute response or something? I could care less what she says.
You sound just like her when you make these kind of remarks.
What I would genuinely like to see is prosecutors going after EVERY corporate executive and federal politician to see if they received "perks" that were used as tax deductions, with just as much effort as they go after Trump.
Awwwww... would that make your feelers better?
Sure. But at the end of the day it's a matter of priorities. The TSA for example really doesn't give a **** about testing every single vape pen to ensure cannabis isn't being transported by passengers, but they are really only looking for weapons, bombs, or large shipments of narcotics. Same applies with taxation. The IRS isn't going to go after a 13 year old babysitter for not reporting their income.

You're just upset because Trump got handed another L. Are you bored of winning yet?

You sound just like her when you make these kind of remarks.

Awwwww... would that make your feelers better?

Sure. But at the end of the day it's a matter of priorities. The TSA for example really doesn't give a **** about testing every single vape pen to ensure cannabis isn't being transported by passengers, but they are really only looking for weapons, bombs, or large shipments of narcotics. Same applies with taxation. The IRS isn't going to go after a 13 year old babysitter for not reporting their income.

You're just upset because Trump got handed another L. Are you bored of winning yet?

Lot's of straw men in your post that I never mentioned. Enjoy beating them to death.

Lot's of straw men in your post that I never mentioned. Enjoy beating them to death.
Your entire premise in this thread is a strawman (Timmy is doing it too so he should be in trouble!). Get real.... You're just upset because your political master continues to lose.

This just in from NBC News....

Ex-Trump Organization CFO says Trump family was in the dark on tax fraud scheme
"Did you conspire with the Trump family?" Allen Weisselberg was asked by a Trump lawyer. "No," he replied.

Former President Donald Trump and his two eldest sons signed the checks the Trump Organization's chief financial officer used to cheat on his taxes, but they didn't know it was fraud, the ex-CFO testified Thursday.

Allen Weisselberg, 75, testified for a second day in the criminal trialof Trump's family business in New York City that the only other person in the company who knew about the tax fraud scheme was its controller, Jeffrey McConney.

Asked by Trump lawyer Alan Futerfas in cross-examination whether Trump or anyone else in the company gave him permission to "commit tax fraud," Weisselberg said, "No."

"Did you conspire with the Trump family?" Futerfas asked. "No," Weisselberg said.

So why even mention it? You are probably regurgitating right-wing media.

That would be hard since I don't watch it. CNBC and sports, maybe some cop/fbi shows.

I mentioned it because it is true and is something that bother the heck out of me.

I'd like to see this much effort investigating every company and their executives in the US, along with every federal politician.
Well, it would seem to me that you are talking about the work that the I.R.S. is supposed to do -initially, anyhow. But how are they to have the man power to investigate what you propose after the multi-year assault on I. R.S. funding by Trump and congressional Republicans?

I mentioned it because it is true and is something that bother the heck out of me.
It bothers you that Trump's enterprise got caught committing crimes and others who are committing crimes have not been caught? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I read that he testified that they were not involved.

"Did you conspire with any member of the Trump family?" Futerfas asked.

"Did you scheme with Jeff McConney?" Futerfas asked.

"Yes," Weisselberg replied.

"Did you scheme with any member of the Trump family?" Futerfas asked.

Later, Futerfas asked, "Aside from family members, you were among the most trusted people they knew. Is that right?"

"Correct," Weisselberg replied.
The guy's getting paid $600K/year for doing nothing but keeping his mouth shut. 5 months with good time ends up being 3 months and home to the family.

Pretty sweet deal.

Sure, I do. But all those other people weren't the most corrupt president of the U.S. in recent history. This is the state of NY going after Trump, not the federal government. If the AG was doing such a terrible job, she would have lost re-election. She didn't. It must be what the people of NY want.

The guy's getting paid $600K/year for doing nothing but keeping his mouth shut. 5 months with good time ends up being 3 months and home to the family.

Pretty sweet deal.
I understand that he has an incentive to lie but all the jury heard was him taking the rap himself without implicating any Trump family member.

People get pulled over on the highway for speeding everyday. A poor defense is pointing at the other speeding drivers that didn’t get pulled over.

To better enforce tax laws the federal government would need about 80,000 more agents — you know, the ones Republicans don’t want to fund.

I smell a double cross. Weisselberg had agreed to cooperate with prosecutors. Now it appears he is undermining their case.

I smell a double cross. Weisselberg had agreed to cooperate with prosecutors. Now it appears he is undermining their case.
However, Weisselberg's plea deal does not include cooperation in a wider probe into former President Donald Trump and he will not implicate Trump by pleading guilty.

Weisselberg will be required to testify at a trial concerning charges against the Trump Organization due to begin in October if prosecutors call on him to do so. His testimony could prove a major factor in the outcome of that trial.

Not only is/was Trump Org dirty, it's all out filthy!! Regardless of this scum on the pond, it's the American business dream. imo. Word has it that Mr Weisselberg fell on this sword taking responsibility for all things wrong there. I wouldn't be all that caviler, dear sir. I do ponder a bit, if you'll pull a year or two for your part in this.

Nov. 17 (UPI) -- Former Trump Organization chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg testified Thursday that Donald Trump, or sometimes sons Eric Trump or Donald Trump Jr., had roles in the company's alleged tax fraud scheme.

Weisselberg said in court that he and other Trump executives knew the tax practices were illegal. They included paying lavish perks for executives in such a way that they avoided paying taxes while also saving the Trump organization money.
Yeah....no duh.

I understand that he has an incentive to lie but all the jury heard was him taking the rap himself without implicating any Trump family member.
I heard he implicated all the Trump men. He said Trump and both his boys were aware of and approved of the alleged tax scheme. I could be mistaken.

The article is unclear on what entity wrote the check. If Trump Inc. took a payroll deduction and Weisselberg's benefited without a corresponding tax reported income, that's a problem. If Trump wrote checks to Weisselberg from personal funds, then this really isn't scandalous. Trump would need to file a 709 to clean it up, but could be construed as a non-taxable gift. Facts and circumstances about the reasonableness of Weisselberg's salary would apply of course. Just my .02.

But knowing how orange works, I'd say it's safe to assume there was fraud.

It's my belief that cult members will cover for them on boards like this and all over the internet. And in real life and in churches and in family gatherings.

They don't mind the crime.

Back
Top Bottom