• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-Trump Org. CFO testifies Donald Trump, sons involved in tax fraud

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Not only is/was Trump Org dirty, it's all out filthy!! Regardless of this scum on the pond, it's the American business dream. imo. Word has it that Mr Weisselberg fell on this sword taking responsibility for all things wrong there. I wouldn't be all that caviler, dear sir. I do ponder a bit, if you'll pull a year or two for your part in this.

Nov. 17 (UPI) -- Former Trump Organization chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg testified Thursday that Donald Trump, or sometimes sons Eric Trump or Donald Trump Jr., had roles in the company's alleged tax fraud scheme.

Weisselberg said in court that he and other Trump executives knew the tax practices were illegal. They included paying lavish perks for executives in such a way that they avoided paying taxes while also saving the Trump organization money.

Not only is/was Trump Org dirty, it's all out filthy!! Regardless of this scum on the pond, it's the American business dream. imo. Word has it that Mr Weisselberg fell on this sword taking responsibility for all things wrong there. I wouldn't be all that caviler, dear sir. I do ponder a bit, if you'll pull a year or two for your part in this.

Nov. 17 (UPI) -- Former Trump Organization chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg testified Thursday that Donald Trump, or sometimes sons Eric Trump or Donald Trump Jr., had roles in the company's alleged tax fraud scheme.

Weisselberg said in court that he and other Trump executives knew the tax practices were illegal. They included paying lavish perks for executives in such a way that they avoided paying taxes while also saving the Trump organization money.
Trump has operated this way since he got into business. If the clown hadn't run for the presidency, his dumb ass would likely still be flying below the radar getting away with his illegal tax schemes..

Sounds like the Trump org. lowered their expenses thereby increasing their profit and tax liability. Sounds like the CFO cooked the books.

Wonder the percent of corporate execs, purchasing managers, military contractors could have the same charges made against them. Who fills those $2,500 box seats at Yankee Stadium when most companies have in their policy no gifts can be accepted over $50,

So is the Trump org. guilty of this type of thing, probably yes. Surprised they have not found worse things that NYC developers are thought to have done which are much worse.

Sounds like the Trump org. lowered their expenses thereby increasing their profit and tax liability. Sounds like the CFO cooked the books.

Wonder the percent of corporate execs, purchasing managers, military contractors could have the same charges made against them. Who fills those $2,500 box seats at Yankee Stadium when most companies have in their policy no gifts can be accepted over $50,

So is the Trump org. guilty of this type of thing, probably yes. Surprised they have not found worse things that NYC developers are thought to have done which are much worse.
Donald wasn't complicit in the least. His tax returns showed that when he released them....Oh wait.

I'm sure these stories will keep ratcheting up now that Trump has announced and the House will launch investigations into the Biden family.

I'd like to see this much effort investigating every company and their executives in the US, along with every federal politician.

I read somewhere yesterday that Weisselberg has negotiated 5 months in jail and is cooperating with the prosecution. He has two sons involved in this as well.

Trump has operated this way since he got into business. If the clown hadn't run for the presidency, his dumb ass would likely still be flying below the radar getting away with his illegal tax schemes..

Yup. His father and grandfather were all shady no bill paying crooks.

And people that run for and become elected to the Presidency of the United States.

Hey, throw the book at him if there's a case. You good with investigating Hunter and Big Guys connections to improper wealth creation too?

And people that run for and become elected to the Presidency of the United States.
Trump is binary. The first term must have been profitable…..

Donald wasn't complicit in the least. His tax returns showed that when he released them....Oh wait.

I have to laugh when I think back to my first thoughts when trump rode the esculator.

I told my wife that we would never see his tax returns.

I also asked, rhetorically, how was he going to handle his Russian problem, as anyone who was reasonable aware knew that trump had a long history with Russian oligarchs and money laundering.

Back to the taxes!

At the time, I thought it was because it would be obvious that he wasn’t anywhere near as wealthy as he passed himself off as being.

Although, i have never particularly surprised about the tax issues.

They saved money by stiffing the American public.

No American should be OK with that.

Hey, throw the book at him if there's a case. You good with investigating Hunter and Big Guys connections to improper wealth creation too?
Amazing how they pivoted from inflation, crime and immigration…….

Sure. We will allow Hunter's laptop if you allow the Trump–Russia dossier.

If criminal fraud can be proven in NY, it is almost certain that one of several federal crimes can also be proven: bank fraud, wire fraud, or tax fraud - or all three.

At somepoint something needs to give

This sounds like the type of excuse that would be made by Trump;

~Sure my company breaks the law, but there are other people who have done much worse~

(n)

I'd like to see this much effort investigating every company and their executives in the US, along with every federal politician.
Is this something Laura Ingrahm would say?

Ouch indeed! This is my shocked face...

Back
Top Bottom