• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-Trump adviser Roger Stone admits to spreading lies online in lawsuit settlement

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Ex-Trump adviser Roger Stone admits to spreading lies online in lawsuit settlement

glb1545115459.jpg

Former Trump advisor and GOP operative Roger Stone.

12/17/18
Former presidential adviser and longtime Republican operative Roger Stone admitted in federal court papers filed Monday that he has spread false information online. In the settlement, which was first reported by the Wall Street Journal, Stone retracted the information and apologized to Guo Wengui, an outspoken critic of the Chinese government also known as Miles Kwok. A defamation lawsuit filed by Guo in May said Stone had used the far-right conspiracy theory site InfoWars to accuse Guo of making illegal political donations to Hillary Clinton and financing a presidential run by former Trump strategist Steve Bannon. The suit also said Guo had been convicted of financial crimes in the United States. "This is not true," the suit says. The suit sought $100 million in damages. In Monday’s settlement, a statement from Stone said he’d failed to do his own research and “improperly” relied on former Trump campaign advisor Sam Nunberg. The statement says Nunberg’s alleged source was Bruno Wu, who the Journal described as a Chinese-American media tycoon whom Guo has accused of being a Chinese government spy. “Recognizing my errors, I reached out to Mr. Guo and asked him to settle his defamation suit against me,” Stone said. “Mr. Guo graciously agreed to accept my regrets and apology.”

Another day, another Trump crony in court.

Related: Roger Stone admits he pushed false statements on Infowars

News flash! Political operatives spread falsehoods.

No **** Sherlock.

And in other news, the sun rose in the east again...

News flash! Political operatives spread falsehoods.

No **** Sherlock.

And in other news, the sun rose in the east again...

And, the knee-jerk defense.

You might even have come up with it yourself this time. A simple search for "Roger Stone" on foxnews.com currently comes up with 0 results. Maybe they'll get around to mentioning this additional slime trail by Team Trump later on...

Back
Top Bottom