• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz 'seriously' mulls presidential run, bashes Trump as 'not qualified'

SLC

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz told CBS News' "60 Minutes" Sunday that he is "seriously thinking" of making a run for the White House in 2020 as a "centrist independent," decrying what he called "revenge politics" by both mainstream political parties.

"We're living at a most fragile time, not only the fact that this president is not qualified to be the president, but the fact that both parties are consistently not doing what's necessary on behalf of the American people," said Schultz, who specifically cited the spiraling national debt as "a reckless example, not only of Republicans, but of Democrats, as well, as a reckless failure of their constitutional responsibility."

https://www.debatepolitics.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=23

Yes a former Democrat running as an independent with money as no option is a excellent idea. That would likely workout like it did for Bush 41 when Perot ran as an independent. Actually he is the most reasonable sounding person that is considering running against Trump so far. Who knows maybe he would do well.

https://www.debatepolitics.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=23

Yes a former Democrat running as an independent with money as no option is a excellent idea. That would likely workout like it did for Bush 41 when Perot ran as an independent. Actually he is the most reasonable sounding person that is considering running against Trump so far. Who knows maybe he would do well.

He's the answer to a question no one has asked. We've already had a businessman with zero experience in the job, and he's a complete and utter failure.

No one wants him.

He's the answer to a question no one has asked. We've already had a businessman with zero experience in the job, and he's a complete and utter failure.

No one wants him.

"Run the country like a business". I love this. It shows how the conservative dogma is a fraud and a failure. There is not pathos in this ideology. It's just a blatant fraud anymore.

No one wants him.
:lol: And that is why the economy is booming.

Stick to brewing coffee. We don't need a Trump Part Deux in the White House.

No one wants him.

The difference is he is a philanthropist. To say he has zero experience is silly. Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, and the rest have zero experience as president as well.

The difference is he is a philanthropist. To say he has zero experience is silly. Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, and the rest have zero experience as president as well.

Zero experience with gov't, rather than business.

Dun.

According to Tanngrisnir, experience in the government, good or bad is better than good experience in business.

Ya.....

According to Tanngrisnir, experience in the government, good or bad is better than good experience in business.

Ya.....

It is better because running a government is not like running a business.

I see you aren’t supporting the transgender agenda anymore with your avatar. What’s the new guy’s deal?

And yet, The Donald doesnt miss a chance for another low-class tweet:

President Donald Trump on Monday ripped former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz, saying the business titan "doesn't have the 'guts' to run for President!"

"Watched him on @ 60Minutes last night and I agree with him that he is not the 'smartest person,'" Trump wrote. "Besides, America already has that! I only hope that Starbucks is still paying me their rent in Trump Tower!"

It's embarrassing to read this from a national leader and Lord knows I'd hate for any children to ever use him for a role model.

And yet, The Donald doesnt miss a chance for another low-class tweet:

It's embarrassing to read this from a national leader and Lord knows I'd hate for any children to ever use him for a role model.

How can people continue to overlook that petty childish nonsense? Does he think that comment about rent was funny? It wasn't.

Reagan is rolling in his grave.

Ya.....

And its better than good experience in hanging drywall too.

Government is not a business.

Full stop.

Bosses are bosses, you do what you're told. Presidents are public servants, they do not have that power.

Politicians frequently don’t have a clue about how to run an economy.

Back
Top Bottom