• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-Starbucks CEO Heckled at Book Event Over Possible Presidential Bid

RealityNow

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Ex-Starbucks CEO Heckled at Book Event Over Possible Presidential Bid

Schultz, a Brooklyn-born billionaire who built Starbucks into a global brand, would be making his first run for public office if he formally throws his hat in the ring. He’s dabbled with politics and thorny social issues before. Still, his initial announcement that he’s mulling a run faced criticism on both sides, including from Democrats concerned he’d siphon votes away from their party and help get Trump re-elected.

He also criticized Democrats for pushing proposals, including free health care and education, that would drive up the deficit, saying those ideas were not realistic. At this point, a second protester screamed “health care is a human right” before being removed by security.

American does not need ANOTHER Billionaire telling the average American what they need and don't need !!!!

The first thing out of his mouth is trying to tell working poor, dire poor and the average lower middle class worker, what we need and don't need as to health care. We don't need to hear his "hard luck story" of where he came from, because many people still live in dire situations and do not have the accessibility he had, and some can't even fathom getting the accessibility he had.
Go to the Appalachia, the Mississippi Delta, or part of the dire poor sections of Texas, or Florida, Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Kansas or in the Deeply Rural Regions of the Midwest, or the true level hard core inner city ghetto area and cry that song to the people there who do not have a network nor access to a network of any sort to gain uplift. Many don't even have schools that can help prepare them and direct them to pathway upwards.

He tells his story, from a child hood where he was born into a nation that still had "Jim Crow Ideals Spread Across the Nation, that did not concern itself with the broad variety of darker skin minority society and had no concerns for the dire poor destitute whites in society. Let alone there was such a challenge in the Era and still is today, where the minority element is still relevant when it comes to circular challenges, and these same circular challenges impact the 'dire poor whites" as well in the same areas I mentioned above of "Appalachia, the Mississippi Delta, or part of the dire poor sections of Texas, or Florida, or in the Deeply Rural Regions of the Midwest, or the true level hard core inner city ghetto ".

He has the audacity to stand against "Universal Health Care as in Medicare For All" and then to stand against "College Accessibility for All".... He's from an era gone past and has lived the wealthy life for far too much of his adult life, to try and tell people he can relate to them.

He should be thinking of 25 yrs for Now.... where a society's health and health care has to change to build and help make a more healthy society. He should be looking 50 yrs ahead when it comes to Education, as to the benefit of starting "now" to get our young people 'higher education accessibility" and if that means, 'GOING BACK TO" the system Ronald Reagan Screwed Up... Which was the State University System, and the Community College System, where the poor could get access to higher education without the cost burden being so prohibitive as it is today. He claims to hail Ronald Reagan as one of his Hero's... which states that he thinks the same as Ronald Reagan when it comes to education... which is to take away the means for the average working poor, dire poor and the working lower middle class from getting and gaining the benefits of higher education.

He's another bigoted minded type when it comes to understanding what the working poor, the dire poor and the working lower middle class truly needs. It takes 25 yrs to advance a generation... and that means if we start today... making higher education accessibility without burdening cost to our young today, not only will they move ahead they will invigorate our systems and advance it, and in the second 25 yrs... we will have a stable system where higher education is the standard norm for all Americans. Everything in society tells us, we need this advancements in having an educated population to meet with this future of the 21st Century, and beyond. By, the year 2150... if we have not reached the goal of a higher educated population, not only will learn from the damaged over the past 50 yrs were we became below 26th in the world on Education, by then we will be even lower... !!!

This man ideals on these two issue alone, tell us he needs to get out of the arena and go get him some "overpriced" Starbucks Coffee, that the Average American can't afford... and go away and play his billionaire delusions among his billionaire friends, and leave us and politics alone.

Last edited:
he's probably running to steal votes from the democrat, ensure Trump is reelected, then he can get even more money

:Lamo

Schultz is already getting the Trump treatment. He was a darling of the leftists...til he decided to run as an independent.

Schultz is already getting the Trump treatment. He was a darling of the leftists...til he decided to run as an independent.

Darling of the leftists? If you'd asked me last week I couldn't have told you who the former CEO of Starbucks even was.

So, can you tell me all the leftist positions he's been backing? Because he seems to be rejecting... um, all of them.

Wait. You just went "Starbucks is for liberal latte drinkers, so they must love this billionaire!" Didn't you?

Darling of the leftists? If you'd asked me last week I couldn't have told you who the former CEO of Starbucks even was.

So, can you tell me all the leftist positions he's been backing? Because he seems to be rejecting... um, all of them.

Wait. You just went "Starbucks is for liberal latte drinkers, so they must love this billionaire!" Didn't you?
And until he announced he was running for president as a republican Id bet money you thought Trump was a hell of a guy.

They still mad about the Christmas coffee cups.

I didn't know who this guy was, either, until a couple of days ago.

Mother****er doesn't even know how much a box of cereal costs.

And until he announced he was running for president as a republican Id bet money you thought Trump was a hell of a guy.

:lamo

Really? Is that what you thought of him? You want to tell me that five years ago if asked about Donald Trump you wouldn't have told me he was the poster boy for the rich, New York elitist jackass? :lamo

This is some major-league projection here, buddy.

I can't help but notice you didn't name a single "leftist" policy this guy has ever supported.

That's just the dumb right wing (troll) posting style, just make stupid **** up. I"m getting really sick of how dumb and dishonest right wingers are. They just drop turds all over every forum

Never heard of the guy until a couple days ago. But he's my darling. The trolls don't even put any effort anymore to not be obvious

Really? Is that what you thought of him? You want to tell me that five years ago if asked about Donald Trump you wouldn't have told me he was the poster boy for the rich, New York elitist jackass? :lamo

This is some major-league projection here, buddy.

I can't help but notice you didn't name a single "leftist" policy this guy has ever supported.
Nope...but I know YOU...and I know how easily you are led by your partisan ideology. SO you bet. Id bet money you thought he was ****ing swell...what with him contributing to democrat campaigns, and rubbing elbows with your heroes.

That's just the dumb right wing (troll) posting style, just make stupid **** up. I"m getting really sick of how dumb and dishonest right wingers are. They just drop turds all over every forum

Never heard of the guy until a couple days ago. But he's my darling. The trolls don't even put any effort anymore to not be obvious

Never heard of him either. But after listening to him yesterday and today, I know he's not even close to being a liberal or 'lefist'. The left doesn't like him, the right doesn't like him, maybe his family?

Btw, if Shultz is a 'leftist', Trump is a fascist...

He was no darling of what ever you term as leftist... one probably need to know where the center is, before they can claim left or right. Fact is... most people don't even know who this guy is.... and the average working American has never had a "high priced cup of Starbucks anything". I've drank AM/PM, CircleK, and Other Convenience Store Coffee for years and have absolutely no problem with its. Starbucks is fine for those who can afford it, and those who see it as their go to items.
You won't find a Starbucks anywhere close to a lower income community, and certainly won't find one in a segment of town that has lost its economic business and industry sources and forces, and in some rural areas they will not build there, because the people don't spend their money based on that "type of high cost, high style product" associations.

If it had not been for the high profit margin and the want for tax reduction, the likely hood that Starbucks would have given medical and set a few people to college, if it was not some means to gain tax write off.... as an alternative to paying the taxes into the government based on its margin and gains of profit.
This guy is not fooling anyone.
If he was so adamant to be of concern about health care... he's know the value benefit of health care for all.... but he only cared about it to the extent it gave him a lowered income claim for the purpose of tax write offs. Someone should scour through the books and the point and fact of that will jump out like a bolt of lighting in the dark of night.

Geez... these wealthy people continue to want to think of American's as being "ignorant", because they are themselves so haughty about their wealth. analyze the real truth of how he became a billionaire, and it will pop out of how much, "other people money he used"... which is what banks lend, is "other people money"... We've never seen a Fad Product come along that the Lending Industry is not ready to dump money in their hands, based on advertise and marketing promotions.... and the more they over build and over expand, the more money the lending industry is willing to give them, and the more they can drain off to increase their personal wealth.
Therefore, guys like this should not assume we are blind an unaware, when they start grandstanding, talking about "I'm Self Made".... he does not give respect to the mass volume of "other peoples money" he relied upon....while they got practically nothing in interest rate benefits for their money having been used.

Details Tell Many Truths... that these types would prefer not to come to the surface to give truth and clarity beyond the story they try and sell off to the people.

Nope...but I know YOU...and I know how easily you are led by your partisan ideology. SO you bet. Id bet money you thought he was ****ing swell...what with him contributing to democrat campaigns, and rubbing elbows with your heroes.

Deflect, deflect deflect. I've always thought Trump was a douchebag and I'm not interested in your wild ass conspiracy theories to the contrary.

So. Starbucks man. What "leftist" policies has he supported?

Deflect, deflect deflect. I've always thought Trump was a douchebag and I'm not interested in your wild ass conspiracy theories to the contrary.

So. Starbucks man. What "leftist" policies has he supported?
If you know anythign about the man you know he is a lifelong democrat, has supported Democrat policies and ideas, funded the campaigns of President Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, New York Sen. Chuck Schumer, and Washington Sens. Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell, and others. He is openly critical of Trump and implemented Starbucks hiring plan to employ 10,000 refugees in response to Trumps stand against the countries Obama cited as unable r unwilling to participate in vetting processes. He is pro gun control, for increasing immigration, opposed the GOP Tax plans...

wait...do you REALLY not know ANYTHING about this man?

I believe that as much as I believe you werent a Trump fan.

If you know anythign about the man you know he is a lifelong democrat, has supported Democrat policies and ideas, funded the campaigns of President Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, New York Sen. Chuck Schumer, and Washington Sens. Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell, and others. He is openly critical of Trump and implemented Starbucks hiring plan to employ 10,000 refugees in response to Trumps stand against the countries Obama cited as unable r unwilling to participate in vetting processes. He is pro gun control, for increasing immigration, opposed the GOP Tax plans...

I don't know any 'leftist' that knows as much about him as you do. Does that make you a Shultz fanboy?

Ho Hum just another worthless drama queen post

A lifelong democrat who supported Democrat policies and ideas, funded campaigns of the Clintons, Schumer and other Democrats, supported gun control? So in other words, he's just like Donald Trump.

American does not need ANOTHER Billionaire telling the average American what they need and don't need !!!!

The first thing out of his mouth is trying to tell working poor, dire poor and the average lower middle class worker, what we need and don't need as to health care. We don't need to hear his "hard luck story" of where he came from, because many people still live in dire situations and do not have the accessibility he had, and some can't even fathom getting the accessibility he had.
Go to the Appalachia, the Mississippi Delta, or part of the dire poor sections of Texas, or Florida, Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Kansas or in the Deeply Rural Regions of the Midwest, or the true level hard core inner city ghetto area and cry that song to the people there who do not have a network nor access to a network of any sort to gain uplift. Many don't even have schools that can help prepare them and direct them to pathway upwards.

He tells his story, from a child hood where he was born into a nation that still had "Jim Crow Ideals Spread Across the Nation, that did not concern itself with the broad variety of darker skin minority society and had no concerns for the dire poor destitute whites in society. Let alone there was such a challenge in the Era and still is today, where the minority element is still relevant when it comes to circular challenges, and these same circular challenges impact the 'dire poor whites" as well in the same areas I mentioned above of "Appalachia, the Mississippi Delta, or part of the dire poor sections of Texas, or Florida, or in the Deeply Rural Regions of the Midwest, or the true level hard core inner city ghetto ".

He has the audacity to stand against "Universal Health Care as in Medicare For All" and then to stand against "College Accessibility for All".... He's from an era gone past and has lived the wealthy life for far too much of his adult life, to try and tell people he can relate to them.

He should be thinking of 25 yrs for Now.... where a society's health and health care has to change to build and help make a more healthy society. He should be looking 50 yrs ahead when it comes to Education, as to the benefit of starting "now" to get our young people 'higher education accessibility" and if that means, 'GOING BACK TO" the system Ronald Reagan Screwed Up... Which was the State University System, and the Community College System, where the poor could get access to higher education without the cost burden being so prohibitive as it is today. He claims to hail Ronald Reagan as one of his Hero's... which states that he thinks the same as Ronald Reagan when it comes to education... which is to take away the means for the average working poor, dire poor and the working lower middle class from getting and gaining the benefits of higher education.

He's another bigoted minded type when it comes to understanding what the working poor, the dire poor and the working lower middle class truly needs. It takes 25 yrs to advance a generation... and that means if we start today... making higher education accessibility without burdening cost to our young today, not only will they move ahead they will invigorate our systems and advance it, and in the second 25 yrs... we will have a stable system where higher education is the standard norm for all Americans. Everything in society tells us, we need this advancements in having an educated population to meet with this future of the 21st Century, and beyond. By, the year 2150... if we have not reached the goal of a higher educated population, not only will learn from the damaged over the past 50 yrs were we became below 26th in the world on Education, by then we will be even lower... !!!

This man ideals on these two issue alone, tell us he needs to get out of the arena and go get him some "overpriced" Starbucks Coffee, that the Average American can't afford... and go away and play his billionaire delusions among his billionaire friends, and leave us and politics alone.

Your post reeks of total jealousy.

I don't know any 'leftist' that knows as much about him as you do. Does that make you a Shultz fanboy?

Ho Hum just another worthless drama queen post

No...that makes me someone that takes the time to bother to read and to learn and to know what I am posting about instead of coming across like a mindless leftists ****ing moron.

But you should by all means carry on.

A lifelong democrat who supported Democrat policies and ideas, funded campaigns of the Clintons, Schumer and other Democrats, supported gun control? So in other words, he's just like Donald Trump.
EXACTLY my point...and loved by idiot leftists...until he runs in a manner that threatens them.

EXACTLY my point...and loved by idiot leftists...until he runs in a manner that threatens them.

Which "idiot leftists" loved him? I already asked you for a link.

Exactly your point of what....Donald Trump is a fraud masquerading as a Republican so he could dupe idiots into voting for him? I already knew about that. At least this man isn't pretending to be something he isn't.

I agree only multimillionaires are allowed to tell me what I need and don’t need

Obviously.

A split in the Democratic party which is what this is ensures un-impeached Trump a second term.

I am a republic who is furious this guy is doing this.

Trump is too dangerious to not remove,

Of course. The great fear is that he'll be another Jill Stein and keep Trump in office. Anyone who could possibly help keep Trump in office must be destroyed, even if they agree with the left on many issues.

Which "idiot leftists" loved him? I already asked you for a link.

Exactly your point of what....Donald Trump is a fraud masquerading as a Republican so he could dupe idiots into voting for him? I already knew about that. At least this man isn't pretending to be something he isn't.
Trump was beloved by the leftists in this country...right up until he ran as a republican. This guy is no different. Idiot leftists see him running as a threat to their hopes of defeating Trump and that immediately painted a target on him.

It appears that your comments is of a resentment that "I" don't pander to, and don't worship the wealthy. Having wealth is not my measure of what is a person, a man or a citizen...

I'll never be of the "SERF Mentality" of worshiping the wealthy. Maybe the aim to try and reduce the content to some simplicity that suits limited thinking, by trying to label it as if its jealously may suit those who think in self limiting terms. As well it may indicate why they are themselves "led", "directed" and "dictated to" and "dictated over" by the wealthy whom they worship. And that's OK, considering those who live and think in such framework.... is part of what is within the make up of society. I will not lower myself regard nor the principles of being as a citizen to be a part of such types and their thinking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom