• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-staffer: Wisconsin GOP intended ID law to disenfranchise Dems

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Ex-staffer: Wisconsin GOP intended ID law to disenfranchise Dems | MSNBC

“….Ex-Republican staffer in Wisconsin: Legislators cheered voter ID bill for what It 'could do for us'….”

“A day after Wisconsin’s strict voter ID law helped cause long lines at the polls and kept some would-be voters from casting a ballot at all, a former GOP staffer told MSNBC his party actively intended for it to disenfranchise Democratic voters.
……“Rep. Glenn Grothman (R-WI), spilled the beans on Wisconsin's voter ID law Tuesday, when he admitted that the new voter ID law in the state would help Republicans win it in November……..
“Now a former top Republican legislative staffer says that was an intent of the law. Todd Allbaugh, who served as chief of staff for state Sen. Dale Schultz (R) until he retired, first made the claims in a Facebook post. TMP followed up with an interview in which Allbaugh, now a coffee shop owner, unloaded on the Wisconsin Republicans …………

….. Allbaugh originally described the caucus meeting in a Facebook post Tuesday that drew widespread attention. Without naming names, he wrote that some GOP senators were “giddy” about the law’s ability to suppress Democratic votes. Allbaugh told MSNBC that he was inspired to write the post after a young employee at his coffee shop found himself disenfranchised by the ID law because he has an out-of-state driver’s license……….
ALSO SEE:
House Republican accidentally tells the truth about voter ID | MSNBC
Wisconsin Republican lets the truth slip: Voter ID will help GOP in general election
Ex-Staffer: Wisconsin GOPers Cheered Voter ID Bill For What It 'Could Do For Us’
Ex-Republican staffer in Wisconsin: Legislators cheered voter ID bill for what It 'could do for us'
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=221323231557115&id=100010383187417&pnref=story
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statep...ter-first-big-test-b99701512z1-374789941.html
https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/717420501203861505?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

THEY MUST CHEAT TO WIN?

AND SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT?

Ex-staffer: Wisconsin GOP intended ID law to disenfranchise Dems | MSNBC

“….Ex-Republican staffer in Wisconsin: Legislators cheered voter ID bill for what It 'could do for us'….”

“A day after Wisconsin’s strict voter ID law helped cause long lines at the polls and kept some would-be voters from casting a ballot at all, a former GOP staffer told MSNBC his party actively intended for it to disenfranchise Democratic voters.
……“Rep. Glenn Grothman (R-WI), spilled the beans on Wisconsin's voter ID law Tuesday, when he admitted that the new voter ID law in the state would help Republicans win it in November……..
“Now a former top Republican legislative staffer says that was an intent of the law. Todd Allbaugh, who served as chief of staff for state Sen. Dale Schultz (R) until he retired, first made the claims in a Facebook post. TMP followed up with an interview in which Allbaugh, now a coffee shop owner, unloaded on the Wisconsin Republicans …………

….. Allbaugh originally described the caucus meeting in a Facebook post Tuesday that drew widespread attention. Without naming names, he wrote that some GOP senators were “giddy” about the law’s ability to suppress Democratic votes. Allbaugh told MSNBC that he was inspired to write the post after a young employee at his coffee shop found himself disenfranchised by the ID law because he has an out-of-state driver’s license……….
ALSO SEE:
House Republican accidentally tells the truth about voter ID | MSNBC
Wisconsin Republican lets the truth slip: Voter ID will help GOP in general election
Ex-Staffer: Wisconsin GOPers Cheered Voter ID Bill For What It 'Could Do For Us’
Ex-Republican staffer in Wisconsin: Legislators cheered voter ID bill for what It 'could do for us'
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=221323231557115&id=100010383187417&pnref=story
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statep...ter-first-big-test-b99701512z1-374789941.html
https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/717420501203861505?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

THEY MUST CHEAT TO WIN?

AND SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT?
The only voters being disenfranchised are dead democrats, undocumented democrats IE illegals, and repeat voters. Asking someone to show an ID does not cause long lines because pulling out your wallet and showing an ID only takes a few seconds.

The only voters being disenfranchised are dead democrats, undocumented democrats IE illegals, and repeat voters. Asking someone to show an ID does not cause long lines because pulling out your wallet and showing an ID only takes a few seconds.

So how do you explain.........

"A day after Wisconsin’s strict voter ID law helped cause long lines at the polls and kept some would-be voters from casting a ballot at all, a former GOP staffer told MSNBC his party actively intended for it to disenfranchise Democratic voters.……“Rep. Glenn Grothman (R-WI), spilled the beans on Wisconsin's voter ID law Tuesday, when he admitted that the new voter ID law in the state would help Republicans win it in November……..

But then may be you missed that..........

Have any answer or opinion Jimmy?

So how do you explain.........

"A day after Wisconsin’s strict voter ID law helped cause long lines at the polls and kept some would-be voters from casting a ballot at all, a former GOP staffer told MSNBC his party actively intended for it to disenfranchise Democratic voters.……“Rep. Glenn Grothman (R-WI), spilled the beans on Wisconsin's voter ID law Tuesday, when he admitted that the new voter ID law in the state would help Republicans win it in November……..

But then may be you missed that..........

Have any answer or opinion Jimmy?

If the lines are long it not because poll workers asked people to pull out their IDs. How long does it take for you to pull your ID out of your wallet? I do not know about you but I I keep my ID/driver's license on my when I leave my house. My state asks for ID to vote,it funny how there isn't any long ass lines to the polls.

I could care less what MSNBC IE MostlyStupidNonsenseByCommunist alleges what a republican said or even what one republican said. The only voters it kept away are illegals, the dead and repeat voters. Its kind of sad when democrats think they have to win by relying on people not showing an ID to vote.

You must not think too highly of democrat if you think most democrats are too stupid to get an ID and that republicans are somehow the only ones smart enough to get an ID.

Voter ID, as a stand-alone issue, is a loser for DEMs.
DEMs are too stupid to point out the real suppression story in these laws--laws supported by the Roberts court.

DEM voters are simply too lazy and disinterested to obtain the proper ID.
Whether it's invalid student IDs that hurt Bernie, or minority voters that hurt Hillary, DEMs only have themselves to blame.

GOPs have passed these laws because they know less-passionate DEM voters are too lazy to get the ID.
These GOPs are in power due to lazy DEMs not voting in the 2010 and 2014 mid-terms.

DEMs just lost the Supreme Court in Wisconsin due to low voter turn-out, not ID.
100,000 more voters went GOP--the same margin as their SC win .

If the lines are long it not because poll workers asked people to pull out their IDs. How long does it take for you to pull your ID out of your wallet? I do not know about you but I I keep my ID/driver's license on my when I leave my house. My state asks for ID to vote,it funny how there isn't any long ass lines to the polls.

I could care less what MSNBC IE MostlyStupidNonsenseByCommunist alleges what a republican said or even what one republican said. The only voters it kept away are illegals, the dead and repeat voters. Its kind of sad when democrats think they have to win by relying on people not showing an ID to vote.

You must not think too highly of democrat if you think most democrats are too stupid to get an ID and that republicans are somehow the only ones smart enough to get an ID.
You seem to think you know the intentions of the GOP better than they do.

Unless you're a staffer having been involved in the decision process, how can this be?

Unless you're a staffer having been involved in the decision process, how can this be?

Getting a ID is not the hardest thing in the world. So the idea it would disenfranchise any legal voter is absurd on it's face. As far as I know these laws are not passed and enacted the day before the election.Which if they did pass and enact these laws the day before the general election then you could argue that they are trying to disenfranchise voters. What a die hard anti-voter ID media source alleges what a republican said is irrelevant.

Unresponsive............

Yall have to cheat to win elections?

That's yalls All American Way........

You all should be ashamed of yourselves............Didn't your mama teach you anything.........?

Getting a ID is not the hardest thing in the world. So the idea it would disenfranchise any legal voter is absurd on it's face. As far as I know these laws are not passed and enacted the day before the election.Which if they did pass and enact these laws the day before the general election then you could argue that they are trying to disenfranchise voters. What a die hard anti-voter ID media source alleges what a republican said is irrelevant.

Wow, totally sidestepped the question.

There is no authenticity here. You are an observer like the rest of us, so unless you're clairvoyant it's babble

Unresponsive............

Yall have to cheat to win elections?

That's yalls All American Way........

You all should be ashamed of yourselves............Didn't your mama teach you anything.........?
Only a die hard loon would consider asking someone to show an ID to vote an act of cheating.

Getting a ID is not the hardest thing in the world. So the idea it would disenfranchise any legal voter is absurd on it's face. As far as I know these laws are not passed and enacted the day before the election. Which if they did pass and enact these laws the day before the general election then you could argue that they are trying to disenfranchise voters. What a die hard anti-voter ID media source alleges what a republican said is irrelevant.

Well here's one ferya.......... Ina few counties in Wisconsin the Motor Vehicle Office is open on the 5th Tuesday of the month........Like for times a year...........And the next closest DMV is 23-42 miles away.........

WE all know why these laws were passed..........Cut the crap.....

I hear your theories.

But again: "How do you know their intent better than they do"?

Wow, totally sidestepped the question.

There is no authenticity here. You are an observer like the rest of us, so unless you're clairvoyant it's babble

Again what some die hard anti-voter ID media source alleges what some republican said is irrelevant. This is because IDs are not that hard to get and the fact these voter ID laws were not enacted and enforce the day before the election. You do not need to be a clairvoyant to see what a die hard anti-voter media outlet says is bogus.

Voter ID, as a stand-alone issue, is a loser for DEMs.
DEMs are too stupid to point out the real suppression story in these laws--laws supported by the Roberts court.

DEM voters are simply too lazy and disinterested to obtain the proper ID.
Whether it's invalid student IDs that hurt Bernie, or minority voters that hurt Hillary, DEMs only have themselves to blame.

GOPs have passed these laws because they know less-passionate DEM voters are too lazy to get the ID.
These GOPs are in power due to lazy DEMs not voting in the 2010 and 2014 mid-terms.

DEMs just lost the Supreme Court in Wisconsin due to low voter turn-out, not ID.
100,000 more voters went GOP--the same margin as their SC win .

Loser for the Democrats.....Explain why the Federal Courts void these laws almost as fast as the GOP dirt bags pass them...........

Proud of being a cheat?

Where ya been my friend.............It has been common knowledge and openly stated by GOP officials as the reason for these ICD laws............... to suppress the vote.......

Is that one of yalls conservative values....... and a way to support and affirm our Constitution..........?

Well here's one ferya.......... Ina few counties in Wisconsin the Motor Vehicle Office is open on the 5th Tuesday of the month........Like for times a year...........And the next closest DMV is 23-42 miles away.........

Which counties are these, what is the population of those counties and do you actually have the Wisconsin DMV websites to prove that these are only open "for" times a year on the 5th tuesday of the month?

WE all know why these laws were passed..........Cut the crap.....

To make voters prove that they have the legal right to vote.

Wanna try that sentence again......... this time for an understandable meaning........

So you are not claiming that voter ID laws equal cheating?

Again what some die hard anti-voter ID media source alleges what some republican said is irrelevant. This is because IDs are not that hard to get and the fact these voter ID laws were not enacted and enforce the day before the election. You do not need to be a clairvoyant to see what a die hard anti-voter media outlet says is bogus.

I did not intend to debate with it is extremely boring, saying the same **** over and over whether its relevant or not. However, your assumption that I am swayed by, what did you call it "die hard anti-voter ID media source", is asinine in the extreme.

For the record I have no access to said media. I just know you were wrong in that post.

Deal with it.

Have a nice day

Last edited:
I hear your theories.

But again: "How do you know their intent better than they do"?

one correction.... the word "they".... there's only one guy saying this was their intention.... one guy who won't name names or give details.

there's a whiff of smoke here, sure... but that's all.. a whiff.( not much to hang our hats on)

that said, there's no good excuse for not having an ID to vote.... and if the intent to pass these laws is to ensure Dems don't vote, it's very easy for Dems to counter this play..... they simply have to get an ID and vote... boom, done.

I did not intend to debate with you because you are extremely boring, saying the same **** over and over whether its relevant or not. However, your assumption that I am swayed by, what did you call it "die hard anti-voter ID media source", is asinine in the extreme.

For the record I have no access to said media. I just know you were wrong in that post.

Deal with it.

Have a nice day
If you wish to ignore facts and logic go ahead. MSNBC is very anti-voter ID and anti-republican.

Last edited:
Which counties are these, what is the population of those counties and do you actually have the Wisconsin DMV websites to prove that these are only open "for" times a year on the 5th tuesday of the month?

To make voters prove that they have the legal right to vote.

Want the answers.........Google them your self........ I am not her to spoon feed you common knowledge of current events............

That's what I find so unbelievable....... The total lack of basic knowledge........ no idea of what is going on in the world...........and unable to communicate anything which could ass value to a conservation.....

And then posting is a pompous ill mannered way so as to demean the person you're replying to................ a game mostly played in Junior High school b y kids that had a poor self image.........

What is it? .......there are no adults here?

one correction.... the word "they".... there's only one guy saying this was their intention.... one guy who won't name names or give details.

there's a whiff of smoke here, sure... but that's all.. a whiff.( not much to hang our hats on)

that said, there's no good excuse for not having an ID to vote.... and if the intent to pass these laws is to ensure Dems don't vote, it's very easy for Dems to counter this play..... they simply have to get an ID and vote... boom, done.

This is what blows holes in the argument that voter ID laws are to disenfranchise voters. Getting a ID is not that hard for the huge vast majority of Americans.

That's fair.

I was just going at poster that thinks he can define others' intent better than they, rather than present his thoughts as opinion.

I'm responding to his method of presentation, I suppose.

Want the answers.........Google them your self........ I am not her to spoon feed you common knowledge of current events............

That's what I find so unbelievable....... The total lack of basic knowledge........ no idea of what is going on in the world...........and unable to communicate anything which could ass value to a conservation.....

And then posting is a pompous ill mannered way so as to demean the person you're replying to................ a game mostly played in Junior High school b y kids that had a poor self image.........

What is it? .......there are no adults here?
In other words you got nothing to back up your claims.

Back
Top Bottom