• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-staffer: Wisconsin GOP intended ID law to disenfranchise Dems

So you are not claiming that voter ID laws equal cheating?

No I'm not claiming......I am telling you..........depriving one of his civil rights is a crime......

Now if you cannot understand that I doubt you have a moral compass.........

Loser for the Democrats.....Explain why the Federal Courts void these laws almost as fast as the GOP dirt bags pass them...........

Proud of being a cheat?

You must have missed the Roberts Court gutting the VRA.

As far as calling me a cheat, good luck with that grade-school trump-type taunt and your 'conservative' lean .

Last edited:
Well here's one ferya.......... Ina few counties in Wisconsin the Motor Vehicle Office is open on the 5th Tuesday of the month........Like for times a year...........And the next closest DMV is 23-42 miles away.........

WE all know why these laws were passed..........Cut the crap.....

This is actually a more intelligent response for you than normal.
You've pointed out one of the many 'rest of the stories' that DEMorons in the DuNCe are too stupid to illuminate .

I am finished with attempting to communicate with what seems some empty headed clowns who are not interested or inquisitive enough to do anything more than play silly games demeaning other while bolstering their poor self image............

Have nice life

BTW

Trying as hard as you have trying to be a smart @$$ to impress your buddies...............

You're not to good at it.......

No I'm not claiming......I am telling you..........depriving one of his civil rights is a crime......

Requiring citizens who can easily get a ID show ID to vote is not depriving them of their right to vote.

The requirement is that only citizens can vote, so how are anyone's rights being violated by establishing that the person at the polling place meets the requirement?

Calling posters 'clowns'.....and 'smart-asses'.....in unquoted posts.....when the intent is clear.....is frowned upon by mods.....
as much as directly quoted insults.....by noun.....

I'll assume the.....I haven't got a pot to piss in.....and a window to throw it out of.....routine on voter ID.....
is your letter of resignation on this matter .....

Last edited:
This is what blows holes in the argument that voter ID laws are to disenfranchise voters. Getting a ID is not that hard for the huge vast majority of Americans.

long lines.....DEM strongholds in Chicago are predicted to have very long lines this NOV. due to same-day voter registration.....
That-----coupled with the state's ongoing budget crisis since last July-----guarantees far less resources this term.....
Could effect the Senate race.....
We can say Arizona also-----but for markedly different reasons .....

Of course that was the intent. The GOP knows as well as anyone that requiring ID would do nothing about electoral fraud. They don't want to do anything about electoral fraud because people might start looking their way.

They'd be very disappointed when Democrats turned around and got their voters IDs. Which would happen pretty quickly.

This is what blows holes in the argument that voter ID laws are to disenfranchise voters. Getting a ID is not that hard for the huge vast majority of Americans.

It's not hard. It's also not hard to get fake IDs. Think the two parties might suddenly put effort into getting them? I do.

the real takeaway here is they care more about their self-serving political aims than they do about a legitimate outcome or democracy....and we are to trust them with government? Iran would be proud

Ex-staffer: Wisconsin GOP intended ID law to disenfranchise Dems | MSNBC

“….Ex-Republican staffer in Wisconsin: Legislators cheered voter ID bill for what It 'could do for us'….”

“A day after Wisconsin’s strict voter ID law helped cause long lines at the polls and kept some would-be voters from casting a ballot at all, a former GOP staffer told MSNBC his party actively intended for it to disenfranchise Democratic voters.
……“Rep. Glenn Grothman (R-WI), spilled the beans on Wisconsin's voter ID law Tuesday, when he admitted that the new voter ID law in the state would help Republicans win it in November……..
“Now a former top Republican legislative staffer says that was an intent of the law. Todd Allbaugh, who served as chief of staff for state Sen. Dale Schultz (R) until he retired, first made the claims in a Facebook post. TMP followed up with an interview in which Allbaugh, now a coffee shop owner, unloaded on the Wisconsin Republicans …………

….. Allbaugh originally described the caucus meeting in a Facebook post Tuesday that drew widespread attention. Without naming names, he wrote that some GOP senators were “giddy” about the law’s ability to suppress Democratic votes. Allbaugh told MSNBC that he was inspired to write the post after a young employee at his coffee shop found himself disenfranchised by the ID law because he has an out-of-state driver’s license……….
ALSO SEE:
House Republican accidentally tells the truth about voter ID | MSNBC
Wisconsin Republican lets the truth slip: Voter ID will help GOP in general election
Ex-Staffer: Wisconsin GOPers Cheered Voter ID Bill For What It 'Could Do For Us’
Ex-Republican staffer in Wisconsin: Legislators cheered voter ID bill for what It 'could do for us'
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=221323231557115&id=100010383187417&pnref=story
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statep...ter-first-big-test-b99701512z1-374789941.html
https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/717420501203861505?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

THEY MUST CHEAT TO WIN?

AND SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT?

Here's Obama's justice dept lawyers literally saying outright Blacks are too stupid to obtain picture IDs

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ent-expert-witness-blacks-less-sophisticated/

It's not hard. It's also not hard to get fake IDs. Think the two parties might suddenly put effort into getting them? I do.

I bet a real ID to get than a fake ID.As least it is for people here legally.

long lines.....

Which has nothing to do with voter ID.
DEM strongholds in Chicago are predicted to have very long lines this NOV. due to same-day voter registration.....

That will cause long lines unless they got extra workers at polling places.

Voter ID, as a stand-alone issue, is a loser for DEMs.
DEMs are too stupid to point out the real suppression story in these laws--laws supported by the Roberts court.

DEM voters are simply too lazy and disinterested to obtain the proper ID.
Whether it's invalid student IDs that hurt Bernie, or minority voters that hurt Hillary, DEMs only have themselves to blame.

GOPs have passed these laws because they know less-passionate DEM voters are too lazy to get the ID.
These GOPs are in power due to lazy DEMs not voting in the 2010 and 2014 mid-terms.

DEMs just lost the Supreme Court in Wisconsin due to low voter turn-out, not ID.
100,000 more voters went GOP--the same margin as their SC win .

In most cases, the real voter suppression was not voter ID, The real better suppression was reducing the number of polling places in inner-city neighborhoods and curtailing early voting, leading take huge lines in urban areas.

I am old enough to remember when Washington state still had in person voting, during the 2000 election my father took my brother and I with him to the local church where he filled out a ballot and casted it. From the minute we walked in until the minute we walked out was about 10 minutes, and the place was packed but people were getting your ballots and casting them.

But I see somebody's news stories and inner cities in other states, and you got lines wrapped three lines thick around the building just to get in and get your ballot. That is unacceptable

I bet a real ID to get than a fake ID.As least it is for people here legally.

Probably, but you have two parties with a lot of resources and whose existence depends on electoral success. Of course they're going to game it.
If one party really wants it, that just tells me they've probably got their game figured out and want to change the rules so they can win. If the other party really doesn't want it, it probably means they've already got their game.

Basically, I don't like one party using government to help them win. If you're going to have ID regulations, they should be the least intrusive. Neither party wants that, and I don't trust them. I'd rather not create a whole new area for the parties to play games.

Ex-staffer: Wisconsin GOP intended ID law to disenfranchise Dems | MSNBC

“….Ex-Republican staffer in Wisconsin: Legislators cheered voter ID bill for what It 'could do for us'….”

“A day after Wisconsin’s strict voter ID law helped cause long lines at the polls and kept some would-be voters from casting a ballot at all, a former GOP staffer told MSNBC his party actively intended for it to disenfranchise Democratic voters.
……“Rep. Glenn Grothman (R-WI), spilled the beans on Wisconsin's voter ID law Tuesday, when he admitted that the new voter ID law in the state would help Republicans win it in November……..
“Now a former top Republican legislative staffer says that was an intent of the law. Todd Allbaugh, who served as chief of staff for state Sen. Dale Schultz (R) until he retired, first made the claims in a Facebook post. TMP followed up with an interview in which Allbaugh, now a coffee shop owner, unloaded on the Wisconsin Republicans …………

….. Allbaugh originally described the caucus meeting in a Facebook post Tuesday that drew widespread attention. Without naming names, he wrote that some GOP senators were “giddy” about the law’s ability to suppress Democratic votes. Allbaugh told MSNBC that he was inspired to write the post after a young employee at his coffee shop found himself disenfranchised by the ID law because he has an out-of-state driver’s license……….
ALSO SEE:
House Republican accidentally tells the truth about voter ID | MSNBC
Wisconsin Republican lets the truth slip: Voter ID will help GOP in general election
Ex-Staffer: Wisconsin GOPers Cheered Voter ID Bill For What It 'Could Do For Us’
Ex-Republican staffer in Wisconsin: Legislators cheered voter ID bill for what It 'could do for us'
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=221323231557115&id=100010383187417&pnref=story
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statep...ter-first-big-test-b99701512z1-374789941.html
https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/717420501203861505?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

THEY MUST CHEAT TO WIN?

AND SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT?

Just maybe it was intended to stop the dead from voting !

That's an old canard ............. and how many Dead Men Impostors' would you need to line up and vote to swing an election ?

How many grave yards of dead peoples name would need for the doubles you plan to cast illegal votes without anyone the wiser?

You still want to repeat that BS lie that election are fixed?

Do you?

Or try to get over on us all by saying you believe/know it to be true?

Do ya..............

But first let's measure the length of his/her nose...........

Why didn't I think of that?

That's what it must be...........

MAN THE GRAVE YORD ENTERENCES AND EXITS

AND STOP THOSE OLD DEAD BUGGERS FROM VOTING ILLEGAL...........

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS.............IF YOU WNT TO SWING A GOP ELECTION..........

HOW DO YOU KNOW OF ALL THOSE GRAVES WHO IS THE REPUBLICAN?

UPDATE

If You Think Voter ID Is About Voter Fraud, This Republican Congressman Has News For You | ThinkProgress
If You Think Voter ID Is About Voter Fraud, This Republican Congressman Has News for You

On Tuesday, Wisconsin held its first presidential election since the state’s new voter ID law took effect. It didn’t go smoothly, with students facing long lines and residents struggling to get the ID cards needed to vote.

The voter ID bill signed into law by Republican Gov. Scott Walker is a solution in search of a problem, as study after study shows voter fraud isn’t a real issue in Wisconsin or elsewhere. But as another recent paper indicates, voter ID laws do have one benefit, at least for Republicans — suppressing reliably Democratic votes.

During an interview with a local TV station yesterday, Rep. Glenn Grothman (R-WI) admitted as much. Asked by a reporter why he thinks Ted Cruz or Donald Trump can become the first Republican to carry Wisconsin in a presidential election since 1984, Grothman said, “Now we have photo ID, and I think photo ID is gonna make a little bit of a difference.”………….

SEE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ta0W8_qn0Aw

IN ADDITION

Wisconsin's Voter ID Law Is Back In Court Following Election Day Woes | ThinkProgress
Wisconsin’s Voter ID Law Is Back in Court Following Election Day Woes

“In Tuesday’s primary election, Wisconsin saw its highest voter turnout in decades, leading Gov. Scott Walker (R) to boast that it’s “easy to vote” in his state. But many voters were burdened or disenfranchised by the state’s newly-implemented and poorly publicized voter ID law, which disproportionately impacts the state’s low-income voters of color.

On Thursday, the American Civil Liberties Union argued before the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals that people who face significant hardships should be able to vote without an ID. As in New Hampshire, Idaho, Texas, and several other states, such voters would be able to sign a legally-binding affidavit to prove their identity.

This accommodation could help voters like Dennis Hatten, a formerly homeless Marine Corps veteran who spent six months fighting with the DMV to obtain a voter ID……

…….“Wisconsin’s law remains the harshest in the country and continues to be a threat to our democracy,” Young told ThinkProgress. “Voters, especially from impoverished backgrounds, must be able to exercise the franchise.”

Young said many low-income, homeless, or recently-relocated voters who don’t have access to their birth certificates have to go through an “absurd exercise.”

“Going to the DMV multiple times, tracking down ancient school records and baptismal certificates, then going back to the DMV hat in hand and hoping the employee deems them acceptable. The DMV workers have total discretion to reject them,” he said. “We haven’t had the right to vote depend on the whims of an individual bureaucrat since the days of the Jim Crow literacy test.” ……….

Now the state is being sued………… and the court will more than likely void the law as unconstitutional…………
When you cannot win an election unless you keep folks from voting……… and do it with a straight face as its OK to do………….That’s about as low as yall can go…..

Probably, but you have two parties with a lot of resources and whose existence depends on electoral success. Of course they're going to game it.

How do you figure that a real ID is harder to get than a fake ID for someone who is legal? Getting a ID involves going to the DMV/tag office with your birth certificate, green card or certificate of naturalization, and a SS card and whatever money you need to pay for a state issued ID card..

Basically, I don't like one party using government to help them win. If you're going to have ID regulations, they should be the least intrusive. Neither party wants that, and I don't trust them. I'd rather not create a whole new area for the parties to play games.

What do you mean least intrusive? I say my name is John Smith and the DMV is supposed to take my word and they can't ask for SS card and birth certificate or certificate of naturalization or green card?

UPDATE

If You Think Voter ID Is About Voter Fraud, This Republican Congressman Has News For You | ThinkProgress
If You Think Voter ID Is About Voter Fraud, This Republican Congressman Has News for You

On Tuesday, Wisconsin held its first presidential election since the state’s new voter ID law took effect. It didn’t go smoothly, with students facing long lines and residents struggling to get the ID cards needed to vote.

The voter ID bill signed into law by Republican Gov. Scott Walker is a solution in search of a problem, as study after study shows voter fraud isn’t a real issue in Wisconsin or elsewhere. But as another recent paper indicates, voter ID laws do have one benefit, at least for Republicans — suppressing reliably Democratic votes.

During an interview with a local TV station yesterday, Rep. Glenn Grothman (R-WI) admitted as much. Asked by a reporter why he thinks Ted Cruz or Donald Trump can become the first Republican to carry Wisconsin in a presidential election since 1984, Grothman said, “Now we have photo ID, and I think photo ID is gonna make a little bit of a difference.”………….

SEE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ta0W8_qn0Aw
Hum another lib-tard rag alleging that a republican said it is to suppress the vote. Say it ain't so.

That's an old canard ............. and how many Dead Men Impostors' would you need to line up and vote to swing an election ?

How many grave yards of dead peoples name would need for the doubles you plan to cast illegal votes without anyone the wiser?

You still want to repeat that BS lie that election are fixed?

Do you?

Or try to get over on us all by saying you believe/know it to be true?

Do ya..............

But first let's measure the length of his/her nose...........

Do ya ....... still want to tell us how hard it is to get ID , but we can manage to find ID to buy booze , cigs , etc ...do ya ! You still want to repeat that BS lie !!! :roll:

Back
Top Bottom