• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-Redskins charged with raping a disabled women

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Former Washington Redskins defensive lineman Dana Stubblefield was charged Monday with the rape of a ''developmentally delayed'' woman, prosecutors announced.

The Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office said Stubblefield, a former defensive lineman for the Washington Redskins, allegedly assaulted the woman on April 9, 2015, at his Morgan Hill home after interviewing her for a baby-sitting job. He is charged with five felony counts and faces a ''substantial prison sentence'' if convicted.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/e...ged-raping-disabled-woman-000549680--nfl.html

Wow, just wow.

Well, besides the headline there's also this contained within:

"Stubblefield's attorney, Gary Winuk, said the sex was consensual and that his client is being unfairly targeted because of his wealth and celebrity.

Stubblefield provided prosecutors with lie-detector results and with evidence that shows the sexual encounter last year was consensual, including proof that the woman asked his client for a job and money afterward, said attorney Ken Rosenfeld, who is also representing Stubblefield."
y

Rape is an extremely serious & heinous crime, but I think we don't have enough info to make an informed decision, so I remain neutral.

I have no knowledge of the women's disability, besides her being labeled as such in the headline.

Not a ton of information at this point to go off of. If it's found he actually did rape the woman, throw the book at him.

I do have a question for you...

Did Yahoo just end up changing the headline and the story after you posted it? Or did you completely change, and attempted to pass off as legitimate, what Yahoo wrote in order to focus an attack on the Redskins.

Bucky's title: Ex-Redskins charged with raping a disabled women
Actual stories title: Ex-49er Dana Stubblefield charged with raping disabled woman

Bucky's quoted paragraph:

Former Washington Redskins defensive lineman Dana Stubblefield was charged Monday with the rape of a ''developmentally delayed'' woman, prosecutors announced.

The Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office said Stubblefield, a former defensive lineman for the Washington Redskins, allegedly assaulted the woman on April 9, 2015, at his Morgan Hill home after interviewing her for a baby-sitting job. He is charged with five felony counts and faces a ''substantial prison sentence'' if convicted.

Yahoo's actual paragraph:

Former San Francisco 49er Dana Stubblefield was charged Monday with the rape of a ''developmentally delayed'' woman, prosecutors announced.

The Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office said Stubblefield, a former defensive lineman for the San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders, allegedly assaulted the woman on April 9, 2015, at his Morgan Hill home after interviewing her for a baby-sitting job. He is charged with five felony counts and faces a ''substantial prison sentence'' if convicted.

So was this just a case of Yahoo changing the story after the fact? Or did you just use a story about a woman being raped as a means of attempting to take a shot at a Football team?

Not a ton of information at this point to go off of. If it's found he actually did rape the woman, throw the book at him.

I do have a question for you...

Did Yahoo just end up changing the headline and the story after you posted it? Or did you completely change, and attempted to pass off as legitimate, what Yahoo wrote in order to focus an attack on the Redskins.

Bucky's title: Ex-Redskins charged with raping a disabled women
Actual stories title: Ex-49er Dana Stubblefield charged with raping disabled woman

Bucky's quoted paragraph:

Yahoo's actual paragraph:

So was this just a case of Yahoo changing the story after the fact? Or did you just use a story about a woman being raped as a means of attempting to take a shot at a Football team?
Former Redskin Dana Stubblefield Charged With Rape « CBS DC
I wonder if it is a regional thing. CBS Washington Bureau cited a story from theMercury News (San Jose) but they changed their headline to inspire local interest.
Ex-49er Dana Stubblefield charged with raping disabled woman, he denies allegations - San Jose Mercury News

This link shows what you quoted. (ie Redskins)

This link shows what you quoted (ie 49ers)

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/ex-49er-dana-stubblefield-charged-raping-disabled-woman-000549680--nfl.html

This link from bucky didn't show what he quoted (Redskins), it showed the 49ers.

Thus why I asked him if he intentionally posted different text than his story, or if there is perhaps some other weirdness going on.

I don't doubt that local Washington news outlets would report Redskins, just like Kansas papers are referring to him as a Former Jayhawk. It's not inaccurate to refer to him as a former Redskin....it's just curious why someone would quote a story that is titled as former 49ers and doesn't mention the Redskins, and yet would edit all of it to simply single out the Redskins.

If it was unintentional and some quirk of coding, I'm sure bucky can enlighten us. Otherwise, it seems like he's just trying to use a woman's potential rape to get a dig in at a football team.

This link shows what you quoted. (ie Redskins)

This link shows what you quoted (ie 49ers)

This link from bucky didn't show what he quoted (Redskins), it showed the 49ers.

Thus why I asked him if he intentionally posted different text than his story, or if there is perhaps some other weirdness going on.

I don't doubt that local Washington news outlets would report Redskins, just like Kansas papers are referring to him as a Former Jayhawk. It's not inaccurate to refer to him as a former Redskin....it's just curious why someone would quote a story that is titled as former 49ers and doesn't mention the Redskins, and yet would edit all of it to simply single out the Redskins.

If it was unintentional and some quirk of coding, I'm sure bucky can enlighten us. Otherwise, it seems like he's just trying to use a woman's potential rape to get a dig in at a football team.
I know. It could have been a dig OR it could have been Yahoo changing things depending on what your region is to inspire local readership. PROBABLY just a poke, though I'm not sure why a Pats fan is poking Redskins fans.

I know. It could have been a dig OR it could have been Yahoo changing things depending on what your region is to inspire local readership. PROBABLY just a poke, though I'm not sure why a Pats fan is poking Redskins fans.

Yep, it could be either or. Which is why I was asking him which hit was.

I thought the same thing about readership, but then I realized it probably wouldn't make sense.

I'm on the east coast. As such, it would make sense...if it adjusted for location...that it would show up to me as "Former Redskin" because a news agency would assume someone on the east coast would be more interested in the Skins than the niners.

He's on the west coast. As such, it would make sense...if it adjusted for location...that it would show up to him as "Former 49er" (Which is what the hyperlink of his story actually says as well, when you quote the post and look at the hyperlink text) for the same reason I said above.

But who knows, maybe it is some kind of screwy code. I'm sure bucky will show up to give an answer.

As to WHY he'd want to poke at the Redskins; I would have my guesses but I'll hold them until we find out if the change was purposeful or not.

Is it possible that Stubblefield played for both teams?

I'd look but it's lunch time.

Yep, it could be either or. Which is why I was asking him which hit was.

I thought the same thing about readership, but then I realized it probably wouldn't make sense.

I'm on the east coast. As such, it would make sense...if it adjusted for location...that it would show up to me as "Former Redskin" because a news agency would assume someone on the east coast would be more interested in the Skins than the niners.

He's on the west coast. As such, it would make sense...if it adjusted for location...that it would show up to him as "Former 49er" (Which is what the hyperlink of his story actually says as well, when you quote the post and look at the hyperlink text) for the same reason I said above.

But who knows, maybe it is some kind of screwy code. I'm sure bucky will show up to give an answer.

As to WHY he'd want to poke at the Redskins; I would have my guesses but I'll hold them until we find out if the change was purposeful or not.
Maybe its because there really is no sport in poking fun at the 49rs and Raiders. ;)

Is it possible that Stubblefield played for both teams?

I'd look but it's lunch time.

He did. Stubblefield was signed to the Niners, Raiders, Redskins, and Patriots during his NFL career. As I said, there's nothing wrong inherently with referring to him as an ex-redskin.

Where it was simply strange was that Bucky's link never mentions the redskins and specifically says 49ers or 49ers and Raiders....but yet his title and his quote simply says Redskins. The oddity isn't that he never played for the Redskins; the oddity is why did everything Bucky type mention a completely different team than what he linked to. Either it was some weird coding error based on the site he visited....or he purposefully changed the team names in the story. Something that would be very weird to do without some kind of ulterior motive, because otherwise one would simply copy and paste the story that was present in their link.

It'd be like if I was copying over a story about Michael Jordan, but I manually changed every instance of "Former Chicago Bull" to "Former Washington Wizard". It'd technically be correct, but you'd have to imagine I must have a reason for manually changing the story in that fashion.

Last edited:
He did. Stubblefield was signed to the Niners, Raiders, Redskins, and Patriots during his NFL career. As I said, there's nothing wrong inherently with referring to him as an ex-redskin.

Where it was simply strange was that Bucky's link never mentions the redskins and specifically says 49ers or 49ers and Raiders....but yet his title and his quote simply says Redskins. The oddity isn't that he never played for the Redskins; the oddity is why did everything Bucky type mention a completely different team than what he linked to. Either it was some weird coding error based on the site he visited....or he purposefully changed the team names in the story. Something that would be very weird to do without some kind of ulterior motive, because otherwise one would simply copy and paste the story that was present in their link.

It'd be like if I was copying over a story about Michael Jordan, but I manually changed every instance of "Former Chicago Bull" to "Former Washington Wizard". It'd technically be correct, but you'd have to imagine I must have a reason for manually changing the story in that fashion.

I guess the headline could've read "Ex Taylor High School football player Dana Stubblefield................"

This headline is crap.. You say Ex-Redskin, why not ex-49er? Considering he played with them for 6 years.. or how about Patriots.. since that was his last team?

Admit it, you didn't read the whole thread before posting did you?

Well, besides the headline there's also this contained within:

"Stubblefield's attorney, Gary Winuk, said the sex was consensual and that his client is being unfairly targeted because of his wealth and celebrity.

Stubblefield provided prosecutors with lie-detector results and with evidence that shows the sexual encounter last year was consensual, including proof that the woman asked his client for a job and money afterward, said attorney Ken Rosenfeld, who is also representing Stubblefield."
y

Rape is an extremely serious & heinous crime, but I think we don't have enough info to make an informed decision, so I remain neutral.

I have no knowledge of the women's disability, besides her being labeled as such in the headline.

^ this.

And i'll add that i don't understand why anyone would think this reflects on Stubblefield's previous football teams.

Admit it, you didn't read the whole thread before posting did you?

Why would I read the whole thread? I read his post and his post is designed to take a dig at the Redskins despite... the 49ers being the team listed.

Why would I read the whole thread? I read his post and his post is designed to take a dig at the Redskins despite... the 49ers being the team listed.

Because if you read the thread you would have seen that your question was already asked.

Because if you read the thread you would have seen that your question was already asked.

Still doesn't change the fact, I asked the OP, not anybody else. Are you the OP? No, then why are you responding to me over the issue?

Still doesn't change the fact, I asked the OP, not anybody else. Are you the OP? No, then why are you responding to me over the issue?

Because I can.

Some confusion over the intent. I purposely change the name of the team because I remember Dana Stubblefield most as a Washington Redskins.

Back
Top Bottom