• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-press secretary says ‘paranoid’ Trump had ‘off the books’ meetings to keep details out of archives

Well, 75 million voters disagree with you.

And they’re in the minority.

Trump got his mob out.

But they’re not the “silent majority” that the man in their AM radio has been telling them that they are anymore.

Do you labor under the delusion that Trump won the election?

I'm puzzled as to how you came up with that from what I wrote, but no I labor under no delusions that Trump won.

You know, its the arrogance you see on this site that is costing the Democrat party elections. You cannot accept that people would vote what they believe is their best interest over the establishment assholes in DC that have been perfecting grift for decades---both sides.

Trump presented change more than any other candidate in the primary and more than Clinton did. People were sick of the status quo because the status quo has been shitting on them for a very long time. Quit shitting on voters. They always get the last laugh, ask McAuliffe.

You guys need to change your attitudes about people that vote and vote very reliably, they are not your enemy, even if you think Trump is.

If the replies on this thread are any indication of the above, yeah, they may as well congratulate themselves should they lose future elections.

And they’re in the minority.

Trump got his mob out.

But they’re not the “silent majority” that the man in their AM radio has been telling them that they are anymore.

Well, duh.
Really?

People voted for Trump because of his republican policies, much as they would have voted for Pence. What makes Trump different is his low-life and crooked persona. I assume there was a lot of nose-holding.
This is exactly why a large number of his followers voted for him. They thrive on chaos, dysfunction and trolling and Trump delivers on all counts.

This is exactly why a large number of his followers voted for him. They thrive on chaos, dysfunction and trolling and Trump delivers on all counts.
Don’t think I buy your point completely. Some of his support might have come from those who liked his breaking taboos which they saw as insufferable political correctness, but I don’t think the American people are near as bigoted as he thinks they are. And the other factor that led to his election was decades of Hillary-bashing. Had we seen similar widespread reporting on Trump, doubt he would have survived to even be nominated.

Evil is not accepting the results of a democratic election.
Didn't realize you thought Trump and a sizable portion of Republican voters were evil. Learn something new every day I guess.

Don’t think I buy your point completely. Some of his support might have come from those who liked his breaking taboos which they saw as insufferable political correctness, but I don’t think the American people are near as bigoted as he thinks they are. And the other factor that led to his election was decades of Hillary-bashing. Had we seen similar widespread reporting on Trump, doubt he would have survived to even be nominated.
Many of them are the same as those that find entertainment value in the train wreck and chaos on the Jerry Springer show. They care nothing about policy and platforms so long as long as the libs are being owned, Trump targeted these people early on and fed them accordingly. Look at the footage of 1/6. Watch those people closely. They're not rational and see politics merely as a way create chaos.

Didn't realize you thought Trump and a sizable portion of Republican voters were evil. Learn something new every day I guess.

Good that you're mind isn't closed like most partisans. Those who sought to overturn an election are evil. Not sure I am capable of knowing who those people were... None have been charged with insurrection. Not everyone at the protest or Trump's rally was evil, and there's absolutely no proof that those who stormed the Capitol took their orders from anyone. My guess is it was a case of self-will run riot.

Many of them are the same as those that find entertainment value in the train wreck and chaos on the Jerry Springer show. They care nothing about policy and platforms so long as long as the libs are being owned, Trump targeted these people early on and fed them accordingly. Look at the footage of 1/6. Watch those people closely. They're not rational and see politics merely as a way create chaos.

None on the far left are like that though, are they?

You really have tunnel vision.

Good that you're mind isn't closed like most partisans. Those who sought to overturn an election are evil. Not sure I am capable of knowing who those people were... None have been charged with insurrection. Not everyone at the protest or Trump's rally was evil, and there's absolutely no proof that those who stormed the Capitol took their orders from anyone. My guess is it was a case of self-will run riot.

Then why have some specifically stated they were following the orders of their president?

Then why have some specifically stated they were following the orders of their president?

When you see them, you could ask them...

:giggle:

When you see them, you could ask them...

:giggle:

It's in direct conflict with you stating there's absolutely no proof that those who stormed the Capitol took orders from anyone. So why lie about it? They've flat out said it.

I didn't say some weren't. However today it is the GOP and Trump that have riled up and emboldened racists, Anti-government types, white supremacy assholes, conspiracy Q loons and trolls. Trump led them all to the Capitol to do his bidding on 1/6 and they did. He doesn't like lose and not get away with cheating so he used his dumb ass mob as tool and weapon to maintain power.

. None have been charged with insurrection
Six or eight have been charged with Obstrucion of Congress which carries a greater penalty, 20 years for Obstructing Congress, 10 years for insurrection. One has plead guilty.

"Subsection 1512(c) proscribes obstruction of official proceedings by destruction of evidence and is punishable by imprisonment for not more than 20 years"

"Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

I'd love to be able to answer your question, but I have no idea what your definition of "far left" is or where on the American political spectrum"

[1] off side Right​
[2] Radical Right​
[3] Conservative Republican​
[4] Moderate Republican​
[5] Progressive Republican​
[6] Conservative Democrat​
[7] Moderate Democrat​
[8] Progressive Democrat​
[9] Radical Left​
and​
[10] off side Left.​

it starts as I can't figure out if your definition starts at [5] or [6].

PS - You might want to refer to this

If you divide the world's political spectrum into seven general categories "Far Left", "Left", "Left Center", "Center", "Right Center". "Right", and "Far Right" then divide each of those categories into " - ", "neutral", and "+" so that your scale now runs from "Far Far Left -" [equalling 1] to "Far Far Right +" [equalling 21]. For simplicity, think of the divisions as
  1. “Far Left” (1, 2, &3),
  2. “Left” (4, 5, & 6),
  3. “Left Center” (7, 8, & 9),
  4. “Center” (10, 11, & 12),
  5. “Right Center” (13, 14, & 15),
  6. “Right” (16, 17, & 18) and
  7. “Far Right” (19, 20, & 21).
When you use that scale then:
  • Canada’s “New Democratic Party” probably comes in around an “8” or “9” (sort of “[Moderate to Conservative] Left Center”); and
  • Canada’s “Liberal Party” probably comes in around an “11” or “12” (sort of “[Center to Conservative] Center”); and
  • the "Libertarians" probably coming in around "12" to "13" (on the "Center" - "Right Right" border); and
  • Canada’s “Conservative Party” probably comes in around a “13” or “14” (sort of “[Progressive to Moderate] Right Center”); and
  • the Democrats probably come in around "14" to "15" (sort of “[Moderate to Conservative] Right Center"); and
  • the Republicans probably come in around "16" to "17" (sort of “[Progressive to Center] Right"); and with
  • the T.E.A. Party probably coming in around "17" to "18" (sort of “[Center to Conservative] Right".
The vast majority of world politics is probably in the "7" ("Progressive Center Left") to "15" ("Conservative Center Right) range.

[NOTE – “Kleptocracies” and “One-Man-Band” governments don’t really have “politics” as we generally consider them to be.]
to give you an assist in working it out.

People who don't accept that 75 million had the right to vote and elect their president is the very definition of evil. Evil is not accepting the results of a democratic election.

There is much evil on both sides of the fence, btw.

I absolutely agree with that statement. So, I can take this to mean that you accept the results of the last election, which Biden won 81.3M to 74.2M (not 75 million) or 306 to 232?

Though absolutely understand that all intellectually honest and critically thinking people accept the results of the last election, calling those that do not 'evil' is surprising bold, well appreciated, for a Trump supporter. The 'evil' in not accepting the results of an election is to undermine American democracy and thus America itself. It is borderline treasonous, which unfortunately describes the previous President who is over-invested in this myth.

So because trump was so paranoid of leaks he would have meetings off the books. Even .eating with other nations.

This man should never have Been president.
He acted, and probably still acts, like a mob boss. Avoid putting anything in writing, don’t have official notes taken, etc.

You seem to have forgotten how hard he fought to keep those tapes secret.
The entire time he was in office he was laboring under the delusion that those tapes were his property exclusively, until SCOTUS
finally told him otherwise.
I know all that. I saw the History Channel's documentary on Watergate.

What a vague statement and definitely not a policy. What? You mean that treaty between the countries that weren't fighting? How does that compare to say...oh, I dunno...ending the war in Afghanistan?
:rolleyes:

The countries in question, under the agreements, officially recognized Israel and improved economic and diplomatic relations between Israel and the countries who participated. Sure they weren't "at war" with Israel, but still....

Well, 75 million voters disagree with you.
And 7 million more more made sure he was not fit to continue, so **** each and every one of those degenerates that voted for the scumbag and continue to kiss his ass.

I know all that. I saw the History Channel's documentary on Watergate.

Hence why I said audio recording capability doesn't cancel out secret meetings.
If you're convinced those tapes will never leave your hands, you hold the meetings anyway.
PS: You saw a documentary about it? You didn't live through it?

Hence why I said audio recording capability doesn't cancel out secret meetings.
If you're convinced those tapes will never leave your hands, you hold the meetings anyway.
PS: You saw a documentary about it? You didn't live through it?
Didn't live through it? I was born in the middle of Reagan's tenure.

Back
Top Bottom