• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-press secretary says ‘paranoid’ Trump had ‘off the books’ meetings to keep details out of archives

It's telling that you haven't any respect for others who don't share your "very liberal" vision for America.
Most of those people voted for Trump because he wasn't Joe Biden or Hillary Clinton.
Give me a ****ing break. You dont have any respect for others who dont share your deplorable beliefs.
what a ****ing joke. LOL

It's telling that you haven't any respect for others who don't share your "very liberal" vision for America.
Most of those people voted for Trump because he wasn't Joe Biden or Hillary Clinton.
Both sides don't respect each other. Nobody has a stranglehold on this issue

Most likely none, considering he saw no problem recording his Watergate-related meetings on audio.

You seem to have forgotten how hard he fought to keep those tapes secret.
The entire time he was in office he was laboring under the delusion that those tapes were his property exclusively, until SCOTUS
finally told him otherwise.
So you see, recording everything on a bunch of Sony TC-800B and UHER reel to reel decks doesn't mean you didn't have secret meetings, it means
you're convinced no one will ever hear those tapes without your express permission.
Did you know that the entire stash of Nixon presidential tapes can now be accessed online?

Do you not realize that Nixon's assertion of extended Exec Privilege REGARDING the tapes triggered what was set to be the first article of impeachment?

Proving tolerance and acceptance are not actual policy for Democrats, its just about getting votes.
Some things are neither tolerable nor acceptable.

Lying people into a violent frenzy being high on the list for both.

Your guys preach and preen and whine about how tolerant they are constantly. I don't think many GOP candidates run on that, they have to actually propose policy to run on.

I can't think of a single GOP policy they have pushed. They just run on being aggrieved. The GOP literally didn't have a platform in 2020 aside from getting Trump re-elected.

The Liberal end has:
Medicare for All
Free tuition
Paid Family Leave
Infrastructure (well, they did until they got it done)
Addressing Climate Change
Legalizing Weed
Voting Rights
Bi-partisan gerrymandering
Raising taxes on the megawealthy/corporations

All of which are very popular. Corporate Democrats will be getting in the way, but I at least know what is on the table.

That's off the top of my head before I turn on KC-Raiders.

The GOP has...the Big Lie...guns...being angry about masks...being angry about CRT...controlling women's bodies...guns...lowering taxes for corporations...denying climate change...guns...not liking Hollywood...guns...being angry at pronouns...being angry at immigrants...guns...being angry at Hillary Clinton still for some reason...guns...maybe a wall (have they moved the goalposts to the point they think Trump got this done?)...guns...guns...guns...

Aside from a tax cut for himself, what policy did Trump get done?

So because trump was so paranoid of leaks he would have meetings off the books. Even .eating with other nations.

This man should never have Been president.
That wasn't paranoia. That was him applying his lifetime of experience as a practicing conman and criminal. He ran his businesses much the same way a mob boss runs a family criminal enterprise. Always careful not generate documentary evidence of their criminal activities. That's why they didn't use email or memos in his family business. Trump knew all about the federal records act mandates for the creation and preservation of those records necessary to document Federal activities. He knows documentary evidence is the strongest type of evidence. That's why he would lose it whenever he saw anyone taking notes at meeting. Because those notes could potentially become evidence one day.

That wasn't paranoia. That was him applying his lifetime of experience as a practicing conman and criminal. He ran his businesses much the same way a mob boss runs a family criminal enterprise. Always careful not generate documentary evidence of their criminal activities. That's why they didn't use email or memos in his family business. Trump knew all about the federal records act mandates for the creation and preservation of those records necessary to document Federal activities. He knows documentary evidence is the strongest type of evidence. That's why he would lose it whenever he saw anyone taking notes at meeting. Because those notes could potentially become evidence one day.
I don't disagree but I understand the reaction he had.

I can't think of a single GOP policy they have pushed. They just run on being aggrieved. The GOP literally didn't have a platform in 2020 aside from getting Trump re-elected.

The Liberal end has:
Medicare for All
Free tuition
Paid Family Leave
Legalizing Weed
Voting Rights

All of which are very popular. Corporate Democrats will be getting in the way, but I at least know what is on the table.

The GOP has...the Big Lie...guns...being angry about masks...being angry about CRT...controlling women's bodies...guns...lowering taxes for corporations...denying climate change...guns...not liking Hollywood...guns...being angry at pronouns...being angry at immigrants...guns...being angry at Hillary Clinton still for some reason...guns...maybe a wall (have they moved the goalposts to the point they think Trump got this done?)...guns...guns...guns...

To be fair, President Donald Trump ENDED our involvement in the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

People who don't accept that 75 million had the right to vote and elect their president is the very definition of evil. Evil is not accepting the results of a democratic election.

There is much evil on both sides of the fence, btw.
People voted for Trump because of his republican policies, much as they would have voted for Pence. What makes Trump different is his low-life and crooked persona. I assume there was a lot of nose-holding.

The Liberal end has:
Medicare for All
Free tuition
Paid Family Leave
Legalizing Weed
Voting Rights

Middle East moved closer to cease fires and permanent peace than ever before.
Russia and OPEC were not dictating gas prices.
Opposition to Chinese Hegemony and economic power.
Border enforcement including ending OR release inside the US that made avoiding subsequent court hearings much easier.
Speeding up the vaccine development with US financing and sidelining some of the FDA red tape.
Prior to covid the best labor market of the last 2 and a half decades, with other economic indicators to match.

BTW bipartisan gerrymandering, you want credit for that? Seems like a typo.

Back
Top Bottom