• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-NYPD Officer Found Guilty Of Attacking D.C. Cop With Flag Pole On Jan. 6

That didn't take long at all.

Seems the jury wasn't buying the blame the victim approach.

I applaud the jury.

The picture looks like the DC cop has the flag pole? Maybe that's not the best photo to support the charge or verdict? Not saying the fellow is guilty or innocent, just that the pic doesn't support the story so far.

That didn't take long at all.

Seems the jury wasn't buying the blame the victim approach.

I applaud the jury.

Let's find out if you applaud the sentence.

Still. The little guys are getting arrested and sentenced.. And the Republican politicians who egged this on are still walking around evading punishment..

And the base still loves their politicians... Amazing... What a gullible, ignorant bunch..

Let's find out if you applaud the sentence.

I hope the jerk gets the maximum time in prison possible.

The jerk tried to blame the police for bashing the police with a flag pole. Classic blame the victim.

I won't applaud him only getting probation.

The picture looks like the DC cop has the flag pole? Maybe that's not the best photo to support the charge or verdict? Not saying the fellow is guilty or innocent, just that the pic doesn't support the story so far.
You think the police officer grabbed a flag pole and attacked a protester with it? LOL.

There's video, there was a whole court case. He's guilty.

You think the police officer grabbed a flag pole and attacked a protester with it? LOL.

There's video, there was a whole court case. He's guilty.
Doesn't matter with Trumpsters anymore.. It could be on video with their words and actions on tape.. But they don't care.. They refuse to put any blame on their cult leaders or other Trumpsters... . No accountability at all..

Doesn't matter with Trumpsters anymore.. It could be on video with their words and actions on tape.. But they don't care.. They refuse to put any blame on their cult leaders or other Trumpsters... . No accountability at all..

It doesn't matter if trump people believe it or not.

It doesn't matter if they see the video or not.

The trump people don't matter. Especially in a court of law.

The insurrectionist was correctly found guilty and hopefully will spend a long time in prison.

No matter if trump people believe it or see it or not.

When is sentencing? How much time can he potentially get?

Anyone find that anywhere?

"...if the assault is upon certain federal officers ‘while engaged in or on account of . . . official duties,’ the maximum term of imprisonment under 18 U.S.C. § 111 is three years. If a dangerous weapon is used in the assault on a federal officer, the maximum term of imprisonment is ten years. However, if the same weapon is used to assault a person not otherwise specifically protected, the maximum term of imprisonment under 18 U.S.C. § 113(c) is five years. If the assault results in serious bodily injury, the maximum term of imprisonment under 18 U.S.C. § 113(f) is ten years, unless the injury constitutes maiming by scalding, corrosive, or caustic substances under 18 U.S.C. § 114, in which case the maximum term of imprisonment is twenty years.",

Note the term "maximum". It can always be less and, so far, has been.

I hope the jerk gets the maximum time in prison possible.

The jerk tried to blame the police for bashing the police with a flag pole. Classic blame the victim.

I won't applaud him only getting probation.

So far, as I recollect, the worst has been a midrange sentence.

"...if the assault is upon certain federal officers ‘while engaged in or on account of . . . official duties,’ the maximum term of imprisonment under 18 U.S.C. § 111 is three years. If a dangerous weapon is used in the assault on a federal officer, the maximum term of imprisonment is ten years. However, if the same weapon is used to assault a person not otherwise specifically protected, the maximum term of imprisonment under 18 U.S.C. § 113(c) is five years. If the assault results in serious bodily injury, the maximum term of imprisonment under 18 U.S.C. § 113(f) is ten years, unless the injury constitutes maiming by scalding, corrosive, or caustic substances under 18 U.S.C. § 114, in which case the maximum term of imprisonment is twenty years.",

Note the term "maximum". It can always be less and, so far, has been.
It probably will be less, However, the previous ones were guilty pleas, not trials. One guilty plea was 27 months.

It probably will be less, However, the previous ones were guilty pleas, not trials. One guilty plea was 27 months.

Do you have a link, please? The longest guilty plea "deal" I've read was 8 mos.

I'm not sure how it works in russia but I'm pretty sure the photo was not the only evidence.

Do you have a link, please? The longest guilty plea "deal" I've read was 8 mos.

Hum. I was wrong the longest was 63 months. You can sort the table by the different fields

1651674443848.png

Hum. I was wrong the longest was 63 months. You can sort the table by the different fields

View attachment 67388875

Almost exactly, and nowhere near the top, of the 10 yr max incarceration sentence, being my point. We still don't know the range worked out before passing sentence, which may have excluded the possibility of 10 yrs. We still don't know what strength there was for more serious charges, but prosecution decided on lesser charges to accept a plea deal, and for what?

:rolleyes:

FRXsztsVEAAgnYk

Back
Top Bottom