• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-GOP, right leaners, frustrated GOP...could you vote for a Dem for Prez?

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I'm not talking about people who vote for Democrats a decent percentage of the time. I'm talking folks who vote almost always with right leaning candidates, typically GOP.

Could you vote for a Democrat for President in 2020?

I'm not sure I could in most occasions. But I think at this point I could consider a few candidates. We need to be rid of Trump, and if something were to happen, Pence as well. Pence has the stink of this administration.

I've voted for one Democrat in my entire adult life. Local office, and I semi-knew the guy.

Of the ones who have already announced, they have to do alot of work to get me to consider them. Way too many crazy money spending programs, I'm out.

Amy Klobuchar has not announced, but she would be the only one I see so far who that I might consider. I'm not sure how she would do in a debate against Trump, unless she can make him look shamed like she did with Kavanaugh. Trump does not show shame but he can show cowardice.

So who could you vote for in the announced or "about to announce" field of Dems in 2020?

I'm not talking about people who vote for Democrats a decent percentage of the time. I'm talking folks who vote almost always with right leaning candidates, typically GOP.

I'm not sure I could in most occasions. But I think at this point I could consider a few candidates. We need to be rid of Trump, and if something were to happen, Pence as well. Pence has the stink of this administration.

I've voted for one Democrat in my entire adult life. Local office, and I semi-knew the guy.

Of the ones who have already announced, they have to do alot of work to get me to consider them. Way too many crazy money spending programs, I'm out.

Amy Klobuchar has not announced, but she would be the only one I see so far who that I might consider. I'm not sure how she would do in a debate against Trump, unless she can make him look shamed like she did with Kavanaugh. Trump does not show shame but he can show cowardice.

So who could you vote for in the announced or "about to announce" field of Dems in 2020?

NO, why should we be frustrated?

No they never will because they believe better a awful GOP candidate rather than a very good Dem candidate.

Too many spending programs? The whole republican platform year after decade is cut taxes, decreasing incoming revenue, increase spending. It is an historical fact the republicans when in control run up the debt. The right doesn't like it when the dems run up the debt and they sure as hell don't like raising taxes. Don't feel too badly, the GOP has done a wonderful job of convincing its base they are different than the democrats in that area.

Harris looking good to me. :2wave: So do a number of others...

Oh wait, I'm a democrat now.

Dem or no Dem, my principles would never allow me to vote for anyone that sat on the Justice Kavanugh tribunal, that was a disgrace, so Harris and Klobuchar are off limits, and a disgrace to the rule of law, and oath of office! could I vote for a democrat? Sure, but you'd be hard pressed to show me one single sensible democrat that will run, and have a chance in 2020. The monster they have created with their divisive identity politics has gotten so massive, no puttypie youtube video exists of him taking down the new biggest ever boss..

The boss is in charge of the dems, and they have no way out!

Tim-

Too many spending programs? The whole republican platform year after decade is cut taxes, decreasing incoming revenue, increase spending. It is an historical fact the republicans when in control run up the debt. The right doesn't like it when the dems run up the debt and they sure as hell don't like raising taxes. Don't feel too badly, the GOP has done a wonderful job of convincing its base they are different than the democrats in that area.

I know that. They've really shown their true stripes under Trump. But we can't keep adding ways to increase federal debt. If you actively campaign for such programs, you're going to make it hard for me to vote for you.

Sure, a strong on defense, tax-cutting, personal responsibility-instead-of-govt.handout, Pro-Life, hero....like JFK, who, of course, would be a CONSERVATIVE RWNJ on today's political spectrum.

Read his inaugural address....is there ANYTHING IN IT the left STILL AGREES WITH?

Last edited:

Depends on the field of dems....so far, it's not looking pretty good. Not a single centrist among them, except MAYBE Beto.

Back
Top Bottom