• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-FBI director Comey files action to quash Republican congressional subpoena

I don't have have a problem with that.

Good. I don't see why Comey would either, besides the fact that he won't get the camera time he so loves.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...publican-congressional-subpoena-idUSKCN1NY2UP

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former FBI Director James Comey asked a federal judge on Thursday to quash a congressional subpoena from Republicans on the U.S. House Judiciary Committee who are trying to compel him to testify behind closed doors about his decision-making ahead of the 2016 presidential election.

The unusual filing in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia came after Comey had previously told Republican lawmakers he would only agree to testify if the hearing were open to the public.
===================================================
The Republicans are trying to use their last days in power in the House to try to destroy Comey's value as a future witness in obstruction of justice charges against Trump. Here is his answer in this court filing: “Mr. Comey asks this court’s intervention not to avoid giving testimony but to prevent the joint committee from using the pretext of a closed interview to peddle a distorted, partisan political narrative,” the filing said.
And how does having him testify behind closed doors forward that goal? Sounds like Comey is desperate because he knows behind closed doors the committee can elicit information not releasable to the public.

Good. I don't see why Comey would either, besides the fact that he won't get the camera time he so loves.

In a closed door hearing Comey might have to plead the 5th, as would Lynch. In a public hearing both could hide behind national security reasons to avoid answering questions.

And Trump has destroyed...what? Your feelings?

Exactly the kind of response I would expect from a Trump supporter. You are the poster boy for the reasons I am a never Trumper.

Obama was in up to his elbows with the DOJ.

But but but I thought the president can do anything he wants with the DOJ? I thought that was what has been said of the current president. Nothing illegal at all as long as the president does it.
So what in the world could Obama have done that would merit prosecution?

But but but I thought the president can do anything he wants with the DOJ? I thought that was what has been said of the current president. Nothing illegal at all as long as the president does it.
So what in the world could Obama have done that would merit prosecution?

Oh, dunno...lie to all of America about 4 dead Americans in Benghazi? Uh...how about weaponize the DOJ and IRS to attack conservative groups and journalists? How about knowing that he was communicating with his SoS on her private, non-government server? Oh, how 'bout detaining illegal alien minors without due process? Eh, I'll throw in the war crime of knowingly droning to death civilians including children.
Merit enough?

Oh, dunno...lie to all of America about 4 dead Americans in Benghazi? Uh...how about weaponize the DOJ and IRS to attack conservative groups and journalists? How about knowing that he was communicating with his SoS on her private, non-government server? Oh, how 'bout detaining illegal alien minors without due process? Eh, I'll throw in the war crime of knowingly droning to death civilians including children.
Merit enough?

Okay...Let's say all that's true.
Trump...still don't know what happened with those special forces soldiers killed in Africa...that sure went silent.
Weaponize the DOJ against his political opponents
Knowingly communicating with (well everyone) on a unsecured device.
Actually taking illegal alien children from their parents detaining them then losing them.
Drone strikes haven't stopped, their just not being covered because theirs to much other ****....so let's put them both in jail for war crimes.
Those are just the things you say Obama did that merits investigation and prosecution Trump has done them and more. So now what?

Okay...Let's say all that's true.
Trump...still don't know what happened with those special forces soldiers killed in Africa...that sure went silent.
Weaponize the DOJ against his political opponents
Knowingly communicating with (well everyone) on a unsecured device.
Actually taking illegal alien children from their parents detaining them then losing them.
Drone strikes haven't stopped, their just not being covered because theirs to much other ****....so let's put them both in jail for war crimes.
Those are just the things you say Obama did that merits investigation and prosecution Trump has done them and more. So now what?

Are you referring to Niger? We've had a full accounting and frankly, it would have been a very sad loss of American life, as are all our losses, but for the race baiting and political profiteering off of the pain of a widow. Nothing illegal.
As to the child separation, not illegal. Now, the Juvenile Referral Process/Program which held illegal minors who repeatedly crossed our border sure smells fishy.
In fact, each one of your allegations are unfounded. Unless you have facts and indictments to back them up.

Comey should do as he asks and have an open hearing...The Republicans are shown how desperate they are...NO NEED FOR A CLOSED HEARIMG AT ALL,COMEY IS CORRECT...The Repubs should get Stuffed

Crooked lying Comey wants an open hearing because he does not have to answer anything that is sensitive, not so with a closed hearing as they all have clearances so Comey has to answer or take the 5th.

Are you referring to Niger? We've had a full accounting and frankly, it would have been a very sad loss of American life, as are all our losses, but for the race baiting and political profiteering off of the pain of a widow. Nothing illegal.
As to the child separation, not illegal. Now, the Juvenile Referral Process/Program which held illegal minors who repeatedly crossed our border sure smells fishy.
In fact, each one of your allegations are unfounded. Unless you have facts and indictments to back them up.

Facts and indictments work both ways.
But you know that you just wanna believe otherwise.
It's all rumors and fake news with this current president. Typical

Facts and indictments work both ways.
But you know that you just wanna believe otherwise.
It's all rumors and fake news with this current president. Typical

OK. I thought you had information which could support your allegations. Oh well.

Exactly the kind of response I would expect from a Trump supporter. You are the poster boy for the reasons I am a never Trumper.

I can live with that.
I think it's high time we all knew what Fusion GPS has been up to. What's in that Steele Dossier unredacted, and the FISA applications, again, unredacted. Obama's executive order 12333 designed to allow for surveillance of anyone. Let it all out. Then we can discuss poster boys for Trump, and poster boys for massive Democratic spying and cover-ups. I hope that won't tarnish your ideology and never Trumper position...

I can live with that.
I think it's high time we all knew what Fusion GPS has been up to. What's in that Steele Dossier unredacted, and the FISA applications, again, unredacted. Obama's executive order 12333 designed to allow for surveillance of anyone. Let it all out. Then we can discuss poster boys for Trump, and poster boys for massive Democratic spying and cover-ups. I hope that won't tarnish your ideology and never Trumper position...

It doesn't. Obama promised to get rid of Bush's spying program. When he got into office, he escalated the spying to levels Bush never dreamed of. I didn't like Bush, but I will give him this. He at least kicked Cheney and the Neocons to the curb before he left office. Obama, believe it or not, ramped up the Neocon game. Democrats won't admit it, but that's what he did.

It doesn't. Obama promised to get rid of Bush's spying program. When he got into office, he escalated the spying to levels Bush never dreamed of. I didn't like Bush, but I will give him this. He at least kicked Cheney and the Neocons to the curb before he left office. Obama, believe it or not, ramped up the Neocon game. Democrats won't admit it, but that's what he did.

there is not one truthful sentence within that entire post

Back
Top Bottom