• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-CIA station boss in Milan arrested in Panama: Italian government

CanadaJohn

Canadian Conservative
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Ex-CIA station boss in Milan arrested in Panama: Italian government | Fox News

Seems the former CIA station chief in Italy conducted the kidnapping of an Egyptian Imam in Italy and transported him to Egypt where he was tortured.

In absentia, the station chief was sentenced to prison for 9 years.

The Italian government has asked Panama to hold him until they issue a request for extradition.

Seems the American government is putting pressure on Panama not to agree to the extradition request.

Funny, when the American government wants Edward Snowden returned, it is the moral and legal responsibility for Russia, Hong Kong, and others to return him but an American man who's been convicted of a crime in Italy, likely ordered by the CIA, the US wants Panama to ignore that moral and legal responsibility.

Seems the former CIA station chief in Italy conducted the kidnapping of an Egyptian Imam in Italy and transported him to Egypt where he was tortured.

The Italian government has asked Panama to hold him until they issue a request for extradition.

Seems the American government is putting pressure on Panama not to agree to the extradition request.

Funny, when the American government wants Edward Snowden returned, it is the moral and legal responsibility for Russia, Hong Kong, and others to return him but an American man who's been convicted of a crime in Italy, likely ordered by the CIA, the US wants Panama to ignore that moral and legal responsibility.

I'll admit it's hypocritical, but former CIA means he's a security risk. If he were a regular jack off, I'd say throw him to the wolves. This is a guy we don't want in foreign hands. No telling what he knows, and what he would reveal once he realized that the US told him to go **** himself.

I'll admit it's hypocritical, but former CIA means he's a security risk. If he were a regular jack off, I'd say throw him to the wolves. This is a guy we don't want in foreign hands. No telling what he knows, and what he would reveal once he realized that the US told him to go **** himself.

It is hypocritical, but consistent too - America wants to ensure that the secret way it operates isn't devulged.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

There is no guarantee that Panama will not send this guy to Italy.

Funny, when the American government wants Edward Snowden returned, it is the moral and legal responsibility for Russia, Hong Kong, and others to return him but an American man who's been convicted of a crime in Italy, likely ordered by the CIA, the US wants Panama to ignore that moral and legal responsibility

Exactly.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

There is no guarantee that Panama will not send this guy to Italy.

Very true - there is no extradition treaty between Panama and Italy. While the "crime" took place during the Bush administration shortly after 9/11, it doesn't look good in comparison to Obama's moralizing on the Snowden return.

Im sure those people would be smart enough to know what happened if they opened their mouth. And would probably be watched anyways.

Nobody wants their intelligence agents in foreign hands.

And nobody wants their intelligence agents to act in accordance with the law either, at least these days.

Im sure those people would be smart enough to know what happened if they opened their mouth. And would probably be watched anyways.

I'm also sure that the people he talked to would promise some kind of leniency or protection in exchange for the information. People also do stupid things when they're locked up. Especially when they think it will get them a reduced sentence.

And nobody wants their intelligence agents to act in accordance with the law either, at least these days.

They can put two in the back of his head for all I care. Just as long as he's not there shooting his ****ing mouth off to all the wrong people.

It is hypocritical, but consistent too - America wants to ensure that the secret way it operates isn't devulged.

Actually, I'd say it's consistent in the notion that the United States generally does what is best for the United States.

Which, to a certain degree, is what a government SHOULD be doing. It's there to serve it's people, not the "world community"

Actually, I'd say it's consistent in the notion that the United States generally does what is best for the United States.

Which, to a certain degree, is what a government SHOULD be doing. It's there to serve it's people, not the "world community"

Can't disagree with that, but the pious indignation expressed by Obama and his administration as it relates to other countries and their handling of the Snowden matter gives ammunition to those who claim America is unprincipled and two-faced on the world stage.

Back
Top Bottom