• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-Chicago policeman guilty of lying about torture

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Five of the dozens of African-American inmates who alleged they were tortured by Burge or his men testified they were subjected to being "bagged" with plastic typewriter covers placed over their faces, had guns stuck in their mouths, were held against hot radiators, or were given painful shocks from a homemade device.

Stick this piece of ****ing human filth with the general population and watch him get slaughtered.

Ex-Chicago policeman guilty of lying about torture | Reuters

But wait...I thought torture was fine when the U.S. Government was doing it.

But wait...I thought torture was fine when the U.S. Government was doing it.

Depends on the results. If they are US citizens being tortured to confess to crimes...then of course not. If they are non US citizen terrorists being tortured to intercept the ability of other terrorists to kill Americans...yep...Im all for it. So is Barry O...he'll just send them to Bagrahm...not GITMO...

Depends on the results. If they are US citizens being tortured to confess to crimes...then of course not. If they are non US citizen terrorists being tortured to intercept the ability of other terrorists to kill Americans...yep...Im all for it. So is Barry O...he'll just send them to Bagrahm...not GITMO...

This is by far the most ridiculous argument against human rights I have ever heard.

You should pick up the Declaration of Human Rights while you're outside.

I assure you...if waterboarding a non-US ciitizen terrorist caught in a war zone perpetrating acts of terror results in info that saves US lives...I'll opt in every time.

Thats probably true since his pissant blue line couldnt protect his ass. Which is a surprise within itself.

Calm down dude, Go smoke a bowl, snort a line, rob a few people and rape some bitches and you'll be alright....

:roll:

Calm down dude, Go smoke a bowl, snort a line, rob a few people and rape some bitches and you'll be alright....

:roll:

Why are you so MAD at anyone that has an opinion different than yours? Youre not very tollerant. Look man Ive been in B2B sales for 17 years and people give MY profession **** all the time because of the corruption. Its true, so I just grin and bare it. You need to man up and get your anger under control or youre going to turn out to like one of these loser cops in the news.
Im NOT trying to give you **** either... Im just telling you how I see it.

I assure you...if waterboarding a non-US ciitizen terrorist caught in a war zone perpetrating acts of terror results in info that saves US lives...I'll opt in every time.

How about all those times where it just gets you bad information?

Also what about that annoying Geneva Convention? If we're not above torture, why should our enemies treat our troops any different?

Last edited:
Why are you so MAD at anyone that has an opinion different than yours? Youre not very tollerant. Look man Ive been in B2B sales for 17 years and people give MY profession **** all the time because of the corruption. Its true, so I just grin and bare it. You need to man up and get your anger under control or youre going to turn out to like one of these loser cops in the news.
Im NOT trying to give you **** either... Im just telling you how I see it.

No. This guy mentioned in the article is a douchebag piece of ****.

Its when people go around making comments like the Chevy Driver here when it comes to law enforcement is where I draw the line.
His "pissant blue line" comment was a stab at all law enforcement. It shows his sentiment towards the law enforcement profession.

Anyone who has such disdain for law enforcement in the manner he does must somehow believe that he has a right to break the law or at least finds a criminal lifestyle to be a righeous lifestyle while those who seek to stop said criminals are somehow "the enemy". I have no respect for those who have no respect for the laws that protect society, and call them like I see them.

How about all those times where it just gets you bad information?

Also what about that annoying Geneva Convention? If we're not above torture, why should our enemies treat our troops any different?

Terrorists neither qualify for the Geneva convention, nor follow the Geneva convention.

Terrorists neither qualify for the Geneva convention, nor follow the Geneva convention.

We signed it, we should follow it. We're calling it a war, after all. Once removed from a battlefield, any human being should be subjected to due process, either in civilain criminal or military courts. To do otherwise compromises what America is supposed to stand for.

In any case, torture was basically designed as a process for extracting false confession. It's not very good at producing useful information.

We signed it, we should follow it. We're calling it a war, after all. Once removed from a battlefield, any human being should be subjected to due process, either in civilain criminal or military courts. To do otherwise compromises what America is supposed to stand for.

In any case, torture was basically designed as a process for extracting false confession. It's not very good at producing useful information.

You wouldnt do it...gotcha.

You wouldnt do it...gotcha.

We said we wouldn't as a nation, either. Now we've turned ourselves into liars and betrayed our national values because some puny weaklings are scared of the big bad terrorists. Yay for us. Our founding fathers would be so proud.

Back
Top Bottom