• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Evolution- Biology- Rate of Change

Right, but evolution does not work on that scale anyway. Evolution is kinda irrelevant in terms of 1 generation.

I think what anewhope is saying is that our technology will advance faster than our ability to cope with it, eventually leading us to our own destruction.

Nano tech is one of those things, that is more frightening, than any other in that regard.
Think of nano bugs in "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with Keanu Reeves.

I think what anewhope is saying is that our technology will advance faster than our ability to cope with it, eventually leading us to our own destruction.

Nano tech is one of those things, that is more frightening, than any other in that regard.
Think of nano bugs in "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with Keanu Reeves.

Yes, my point is though that anything that is a threat on that level is outside the boundary of evolution.

Evolution has two or three main process's

Natural selection where the most desirable mates are choosen for breeding, and when those animalsp/pants which survive adverse conditions long enough to pass on more of their genes then the weaker plant/animals

Recombination of existing genes during reproduction. Creating either stronger or weaker offspring

Genetic mutation at the DNA level, creating brand new genes, or creating new chromasomes entirely.

Back
Top Bottom