• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Evil and the Greater Good…

In reality, for anyone who’s seen a movie, there is no pure good and evil. It’s messy and confusing, not black and white. Telling the ‘good guys’ from the ‘bad guys’ isn’t as easy as noting the color suit they wear or the music you hear when they walk into a room. Most ‘evil’ people don’t seek to do evil. One man’s greater good, will be another man’s greatest evil…

Even Hitler didn’t view himself as evil. How did he brew his soldiers into a genocidal storm across Europe? How did he get them working in the secret camps? Were they all evil? How did Hitler pull off such a huge, black-hearted plan – largely unbeknownst to the German population, who needed to be shown what Hitler had done after the fact?

He simply wrapped it in a German flag, convinced everyone it was for the greater good, and lied his ass off. That’s how it has been done since forever. Hitler didn’t do anything, he didn’t have to lift a finger, that’s what his military was for…

No soldier fighting a war thinks they’re the bad guy. Not many soldiers would fight if that’s what they thought. They must think it is for the greater good. They must be stripped down to their core’s in harsh training rituals, then built back up to think they are the pride of the nation, defending her honor, ready to kill women and children on order, if it saves the nation from being overrun with so-and-so enemy, the ideological struggle of a lifetime…

History taught that when ‘leaders’ start convincing their populations that good vs. evil is clear cut, and that another population is evil, we need to watch out for certain signs, many of which are present in our ‘free’ countries today. Even the Germans should have known. I bet they had ‘conspiracy theorists’…

History taught that leaders may end up on a rampage around the world, implementing their brand of greater good and governance, with secret prisons, torturing and killing people who haven’t been convicted of anything, and who knows what else. The population might have to be taken around later to be shown the devastation their great leaders inflicted on innocent people…

But, maybe the ‘Allies’ don’t come to the rescue this time. Or maybe, and wouldn’t this just be crazy, but maybe it is the ‘Allies’ this time… Nah, look at our movies, our guys are the good guys with the best planes and weaponry, those smart bombs, and those cool Hum-Vee’s there’s like 3 civilian editions of now. The bad guys are so desperate they’re, like, using suicide bombs, roadside bombs, camels and s**t, their families and children as cover… Listen to the music and look at the chins of the chiseled actors as they take off in the helicopter’s, man… ‘I love the smell of Napalm in the morning’ Sooo cool, what a great line. They’re good guys, man, doing the right thing…

It’s happened all throughout history to varying degree and appearance. It’s just our turn. I’ve watched and read about ‘drills’ scaring the s**t out of neighborhoods that weren’t forewarned about it, just seeing guys drop out of helicopters with machine guns and uniforms or black outfits and masks, swarming the neighborhood, knocking on doors, yelling, intimidating, taking weapons away from those choosing to huddle, terrified, with their gun and families in the basement…

Some soldiers admit it’s uncomfortable, not wanting to think about it ever happening for real, but we’re at war, man, we have to do the right thing, anyone could be a terrorist, especially those of you who carry camera’s in public places, or if you happen to be alone, or complain about the UN, or if you’re Christian, or too ‘left’, or want to know why you’re being pulled over, or if you read our Constitution, or complain your rights are being stripped away when you can’t understand that we are at war with terrorists all over the world for the next hundred years and we just want to protect you, keep the country from being overrun with those sleeper cells of radical Muslims and domestic terrorists, the ideological struggle of a lifetime... Just watch our chins and hum the national anthem when we get back in the helicopters, ok? I’m in the military, I should know…

It’s not pretty. Don’t blame me. I argue against training people for martyrdom, giving lives for corporate strategy, our worship of the dollar. Don’t let my candidness be mistaken for a lack of caring or respect, or even taken as condescension. The truth doesn’t care how you or I feel about it. I’m speaking as though our feelings don’t matter right now, just business, like the Head Munchkins do…

I don’t care any less about the value of life than a soldier. Maybe I care more. There’s something weird about people with guns, kill ‘em all attitudes, and video-game-like weaponry taking the sting out of blowing a f**king hole where someone’s head used to be - then laughing and giving high-fives -, telling me they know what it takes to make peace in the world…

Soldiers are a logging company, on cultural steroids, doing an environmental impact study. They can’t be trusted either as too biased/brainwashed, too scared to ‘snitch’, or to even know or care about the truth themselves. Let’s face it, some soldiers get off on torturing people…

To continue…

Cont’d…

People in the military, just by nature of what they have to do, endure the most conditioning, precisely designed for the personality types that volunteer and are recruited – on top of all the s**t the rest of us get from the womb as well. Soldiers are the least likely to see or want to admit they were duped. I care to a point that all this can be incredibly offensive to hear, but I’d rather everyone get over it, take a look around from a different perspective. I want the same things you do, and we’re moving farther from it on the current path…

But I have no idea the pressures, the lifestyle, what it takes, how my life can be gone in an instant, seeing your friend take a mortar in the face, it’s WAR… They’re shooting at us. We put our guns down, we’ll all be speaking Arabic in no time. You sit on your nice high horse that I protect for you, and I’ll take care of business in the real world… And round and round we go, you learning less and less with each little justification you tell yourself, and me just blaming your insanity, while we spin in flames…

You and the Head Munchkins can wrap whatever words and laws around Universal truths that you want. I’m just telling you that’s why you can’t put down your gun. You need to think on a whole new level, if you’re truly concerned with ending the madness of more and more dead soldiers coming home for another hundred years. You need to face a very rough truth, I don’t envy you.

As far as spitting protestors go; they could easily be paid, inflamed, manipulated, whatever, by Munchkins that would like people who oppose war to look violent, disrespectful, unpatriotic, not credible. Even if they weren’t paid, you can bet one spitting protester gets better ratings than thousands of peaceful ones. Head Munchkins set up such a good system, they barely have to work anymore. Everyone knows how to work their machines, and knows their boundaries without seeing them as boundaries – they see profit.

I would venture a safe bet that most war opposer’s care very deeply about their soldiers coming home in coffins, more rows of crosses, more names on memorial walls, on and on because they haven’t figured out what they’re really fighting for, thinking they’re spreading peace, when really they spread hate, devastation, and mourning…

It’s a Universal truth we all understand, why most every human being has wished at some point for the madness to end – even ‘evil’ ones while they rig desperate roadside bombs. None of you are even close to the right path, all the same to me. You all have your weapons pointed in the wrong direction, you’re all the ‘bad guys’…

I believe what soldiers believe they believe in, is commendable and respectable, and I could not do what they do. And I know most soldiers want to help, are decent people who would probably throw themselves on a grenade for a bunch of Iraqi’s in a market. I know. When I see a soldier come home in a flag-draped coffin, or those rows of crosses, walls of names… I doubt I can stand it any more than they can – at least they have some kind of pride in their anguish, maybe bliss in their ignorance.

How dare I compare my anguish to theirs, think they have it better, right? I get it. But I think it. Especially when I see them shipping off, all proud and ready to kick ass for our nation’s… freedom? What a f**king waste. I think what a mind job for soldier’s and families to realize that the only thing they can hold onto in their pain of losing loved ones, in killing people they’ll never know, is all phony. There is no honor, dignity, or pride in what they do. Not anymore, if ever. We were just told there was, so munchkins could get fatter and fatter, like a cruel, impossible joke. The sick leading the sick…

Good and Evil are messy, particularly right now with all of us amazingly confused about what’s happening in the world. I’m not even close to knowing the answer to how it all applies. I know I’m only at the bare bones, no frills. I don’t know where it goes from there. I just know the truth doesn’t care about our offended beliefs, and the bare bones is where we have to get back to before we go anywhere better...

What’s worse is, I think most of us are aware of it on some level, but either fail or fear placing the ‘blame’ where it belongs - ourselves. It means we have to answer for all those ‘childish’ inconsistencies and little lies we excuse in the name of getting by in the ‘real world’; all the ‘evil’ we do for our ‘greater good’ in our own personal lives. Then we understand how the Head Munchkins operate, can think on their level, and start making appropriate changes, little by little, with a truly cohesive understanding of our Universal truths being put into action in the real world, for real…

Peace
pull-my-finger-albums-blog-entries-picture67116359-twilights-last-gleaming.jpg

Back
Top Bottom