• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Evidence grows virus originated from animals at Wuhan wet market

It only makes sense. The Chinese have 4X the number of people, but roughly the same geographic area as the USA. That means they are pushing into and developing previously untouched animal ecosystems, places where viruses have developed for thousands of years, and where animals have developed immunity to them. This sets up the possibility for exposure to novel-to-human viruses.

Add to that the culture of the Chinese to eat any animal and consider them delicacies, and the recipe for disaster is set.

That is the most likely way it happened, so it should come as no big surprise that the evidence increasingly supports it.
Interesting you should say this; some time ago Benjamin Zephaniah a British poet, said pretty much the same-the more we violate and make incursions deeper into the natural world, the greater the chance of encountering new and interesting diseases. That was the 'normal' which many hankered for a return to.

Interesting you should say this; some time ago Benjamin Zephaniah a British poet, said pretty much the same-the more we violate and make incursions deeper into the natural world, the greater the chance of encountering new and interesting diseases. That was the 'normal' which many hankered for a return to.
It all points to the need to control world population growth. And that is actually a good thing. Because to solve excess population growth, we need to solve another terrible problem: poverty.

It's a two-for! By solving one terrible problem, we also get the solution to another terrible problem.

Nobody needs to die to solve excess population growth. Really, it would get solved if we figure out how to share the wealth and feed everybody. Analysis has shown that when people have their needs met, they have fewer children. Virtually all excess population growth occurs among the poorest and most destitute.

you know code, if "projection" was fatal, you wouldnt be here to post such incoherent nonsense. I agree with your first sentence but your second sentence makes no sense. You should do your own research and see how actual scientists think it probably came from an animal not a lab leak. And code, this is key, they are not even saying it definitively. You are saying it definitively was a lab leak.

I think if you actually took a step back and ask yourself why you are so confident you are right. I think you'd find out you got your opinion from "propagandists". But examining your own beliefs would require integrity on your part. So we know that aint gonna happen.

Please link to the documented case in which Covid-19 jumped from an animal to a human.

Please link to the documented case in which Covid-19 jumped from an animal to a human.
thanks for proving my point that you did not have the integrity to examine where your " beliefs" came from. Your beliefs of course came from propagandists. But since you're here, please explain the logic that "not finding the documented case" proves it came from a lab. thanks in advance.

Virtually every novel virus jumps at some point from animals to humans. SARS, Avian Flu, Swine Flu, Ebola, HIV.... Do I need to go on?

What is particularly stupid about this argument is that the problem is obviously the wet markets in China. By claiming it is was some lab leak, you are giving China a pass on the real problem which is the fact that they will not sufficiently crack down on their wet markets and wild animal trade in China.

Please link to the documented case(s) in which this virus has leapt from an animal to a human.

That is BS. Science certainly uses circumstantial evidence like the cluster of the first cases of covid around the Wuhan market to make conclusions about it origins. The presence of the virus in cages at the market is also undeniable proof of the presence of the virus there.

There are stars in the sky, too. Also a proven fact.

Neither has anything to do with the Covid-19 Virus.

You seem to be asserting that the virus, capable of jumping from the bats to people, made that jump one time and then never jumped again anywhere, anytime, anyhow.

Doesn't this seem a little thin to you?

We're coming up on half a billion cases and you assert that this transmission process happened one time?

C'mon, man!

Please link to the documented case(s) in which this virus has leapt from an animal to a human.
It's still being studied: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02519-1

However, there is far more evidence that it came from an animal, likely a bat, than a lab. Moreover, we know that animals get it from humans. The lab idea is pure conjecture.

A wet market in China creates conditions for disease spread that you don't normally see in the developed world.

You seem to be asserting that the virus, capable of jumping from the bats to people, made that jump one time and then never jumped again anywhere, anytime, anyhow.

We're coming up on half a billion cases and you assert that this transmission process happened one time?

C'mon, man!
Just because it is new to humans doesn't mean the coronavirus is new. It has likely existed for thousands of years. It existed in animal populations that humans have had little contact with. But because of human population growth and expansion into previously non-human areas, only now has the potential for that exposure been raised. That is the most likely reason it happened to begin the COVID-19 pandemic.

After Sars there was an effort in Beijing to actually ban the trade on markets. I understand the Chinese Oligarchs twisted politicians arms to keep the trade legel.

I think they had an option to add safety reforms, but did not.

That came about after the US started saying China was responsible and potentially releases it intentionally. Chinese leadership do not actually believe it, nor do most Chinese
The government doesn't believe the lies it tells, but the info I've seen says most Chinese people do.

C'mon, man!
LOL So again you demonstrate that you have no clue how a virus works. Once the virus developed the ability to infect humans it had no reason to "jump" anywhere. It had hosts galore.

The tried to cover up the lab leak story at the beginning, but it "leaked" out anyway. Now they brought in the Gates-controlled "science" journals and mainstream news, to slam the lid down on anything that could make Fauci look bad.

If you hear something about Covid on mainstream news, you can just assume it's a lie.

That's actually one of the foundational pillars of epidemiology, it's not new.

The tried to cover up the lab leak story at the beginning, but it "leaked" out anyway. Now they brought in the Gates-controlled "science" journals and mainstream news, to slam the lid down on anything that could make Fauci look bad.

If you hear something about Covid on mainstream news, you can just assume it's a lie.
Comrade, you post as if you dont know that Fauci called a meeting at the beginning to determine if it was a lab leak. You also post as if you dont know most scientists now believe it came from animals at the Wuhan wet markets. The key word is believe. they are simply following the evidence and giving us an educated and informed opinion. you are simply following the talking point sheet your supervisor handed out. You guys should put more effort into that because I dont think even the dumbest actual conservative here believes the "gates" nonsense. Sure they'll obediently believe any criticism of Dr Fauci because they are after all conservative but the "gates" thing hurts the effectiveness of your lying misinformation.

It all points to the need to control world population growth. And that is actually a good thing. Because to solve excess population growth, we need to solve another terrible problem: poverty.

It's a two-for! By solving one terrible problem, we also get the solution to another terrible problem.

Nobody needs to die to solve excess population growth. Really, it would get solved if we figure out how to share the wealth and feed everybody. Analysis has shown that when people have their needs met, they have fewer children. Virtually all excess population growth occurs among the poorest and most destitute.

Or just perfect easy and accessible implantable birth control for men and women.

C'mon, man!

You really dont understand how this works, do you?

That's exactly how it happens sometimes. Esp. when butchering bush meat (which in some ways, is what the animals in the market are). The hunter, because of his very close and intense contact butchering, ends up being a host to a microbe that was more capable of adapting to humans. That 'more adaptable' microbe then replicates inside the hunter...and the hunter spreads it to family, etc.

It's more complex than that but if you want more, read a book.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Source the bold.

However, China's government has most of the nation convinced it originated in the US, because they lie. This does suggest their long-known reckless practices led to this.

I can see why they would be hesitant to fess up and apologize. It would be humiliating, and it's not necessarily gross negligence on their part- and it wouldn't fix anything or make it better. It's just that we live in a different world. Disease like this in the past would always just remain relatively local. But now international travel can take these things very far, very fast. I would be OK with if they just take measures to make sure something like this doesn't happen again going forward. If it happens again, THEN, that's when the world should start getting really upset with them.

I can see why they would be hesitant to fess up and apologize. It would be humiliating, and it's not necessarily gross negligence on their part- and it wouldn't fix anything or make it better.

Their lying that it originated in the US instead of China is despicable and has no justification.

If it happens again, THEN, that's when the world should start getting really upset with them.

This IS again. SARS came from China in 2003, and we had years of warning about China's wet markets, but China did not take any actions to prevent another virus. I recently watched a video of two visitors to a wet market in 2015 joking about how viruses come from there and that they were in danger.

What do you think of China’s position that it started in the United States?
I don't know. Do they mean that Fauci and his team started then passed it to wuhan ?
But China lies about everything , the even lie about their lies.

China had already been fighting/studying covid before America knew it existed.

LOL So again you demonstrate that you have no clue how a virus works. Once the virus developed the ability to infect humans it had no reason to "jump" anywhere. It had hosts galore.

Covid 19 has jumped into animals. Deer have it in the Midwest, minks have been found to have been infected. Cats and dogs have been infected with Covid 19 . Omnicron may have infected mice then jumped back to humans according to the article below

I don't know. Do they mean that Fauci and his team started then passed it to wuhan ?

No, I think they mean that a red state created it to unleash on blue states.

The theory was

The US World Military Games team brought it to China back in Oct 2019, as I understand the theory, the US team performed poorly not winning any gold medals. So the theory is that the US team had the infection when coming to China, infected other athletes and locals.

Depending on how far you take it some theories add that the source was Fort Detrick, which was partially closed in Aug 2019 due to a decontamination process not working properly. In July 2019 a retirement community about 50 miles from Fort Detrick was hit by a respiratory disease that the CDC has been unable to identify. So the theory suggests that might have been the first outbreak of Covid 19.

The theory was

The US World Military Games team brought it to China back in Oct 2019, as I understand the theory, the US team performed poorly not winning any gold medals. So the theory is that the US team had the infection when coming to China, infected other athletes and locals.

Depending on how far you take it some theories add that the source was Fort Detrick, which was partially closed in Aug 2019 due to a decontamination process not working properly. In July 2019 a retirement community about 50 miles from Fort Detrick was hit by a respiratory disease that the CDC has been unable to identify. So the theory suggests that might have been the first outbreak of Covid 19.
This is the first I've heard of this one. What is "The US World Military Games team" ?

I find it far more probable that from Fauci's email with the wuhan lab people, they are talking about it coming from their lab, and all their gain of function talk, that that's where it can from, but I don't know the truth in either case, just my guestimation.

This is the first I've heard of this one. What is "The US World Military Games team" ?

I find it far more probable that from Fauci's email with the wuhan lab people, they are talking about it coming from their lab, and all their gain of function talk, that that's where it can from, but I don't know the truth in either case, just my guestimation.
The group of US military personnel that were sent to Wuhan in the fall of 2019 to compete in the World Military Games. Where soldiers from various military’s compete in a variety of events

Personally I expect Donald Trump ordered the release of the virus in China to hurt the Chinese economy. Not expecting it to mutate and become more virulent.

( no I don’t but it is a good a guess as any)

Back
Top Bottom