• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Evidence grows virus originated from animals at Wuhan wet market

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
However, China's government has most of the nation convinced it originated in the US, because they lie. This does suggest their long-known reckless practices led to this.

This goes to show that the most likely explanation is usually the best. The obsessive human behavior to mess with mother nature makes us ideal hosts for viruses looking to break out of their ruts and see the world at our expense. We need to learn that we share this planet and just "because we can" is not going to work out well for us.

The study notes that "December 2019 Covid-19 cases were geographically distributed unexpectedly near to, and centered on, the Huanan market, irrespective of whether or not they worked at, had visited or were knowingly linked to someone who had visited this market in late 2019. Furthermore, of those cases epidemiologically linked to the market, the overwhelming majority were specifically linked to the western section of the Huanan market, where most of the live-mammal vendors were located."

When researchers tested surfaces at the market for the virus' genetic material, there was one stall with the most positives, including in a cage where one researcher had previously seen mammals called raccoon dogs being kept.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/26/health/coronavirus-origins-studies/index.html

However, China's government has most of the nation convinced it originated in the US, because they lie. This does suggest their long-known reckless practices led to this.

I have always leant towards the wet market thesis. The Wuhan lab CT is full of holes, which some try to paper over.

Oh cut it out. The cult doesn't want to hear that. They are too busy blaming to fight for human lives.

It only makes sense. The Chinese have 4X the number of people, but roughly the same geographic area as the USA. That means they are pushing into and developing previously untouched animal ecosystems, places where viruses have developed for thousands of years, and where animals have developed immunity to them. This sets up the possibility for exposure to novel-to-human viruses.

Add to that the culture of the Chinese to eat any animal and consider them delicacies, and the recipe for disaster is set.

That is the most likely way it happened, so it should come as no big surprise that the evidence increasingly supports it.

No no no! It has to be a lab leak! Otherwise the whack-jobs can't keep up the "China China China" dumbeat.

I’ll admit I was more on the side this was a lab leak. This new evidence is compelling. I should have known that taking the side of the dumbest people on Earth was probably wrong. They’ve been wrong on literally everything pandemic.

No no no! It has to be a lab leak! Otherwise the whack-jobs can't keep up the "China China China" dumbeat.
There's still plenty for criticizing China apparently, about the way they initially covered it up and lied about it not being transmissible human to human, that prevented containing it.

I have always leant towards the wet market thesis. The Wuhan lab CT is full of holes, which some try to paper over.
What I found suspicious about the lab theory was how if it had been a leak, the government seems little doubt they'd lie and cover it up, and that there was a real coincidence of a related lab nearby but the evidence is seeming strong it wasn't leaked from it.

The two things that made the lab suspicious for me are the government's total willingness to lie and cover it up if it did happen, and the coincidence of a nearby lab, but the evidence is more and more against it.

There's still plenty for criticizing China apparently, based on the way they initially covered it up and lied about it not being transmissible human to human, that badly caused containing its spread.
I am not sure if you have seen the videos from Wuhan Wet market. The question should be not how did it happen, but why it did not happen much sooner.

But it did, Sars

And China still did not ban the trade of wildlife on the markets.

I am not sure if you have seen the videos from Wuhan Wet market. The question should be not how did it happen, but why it did not happen much sooner.

But it did, Sars

And China still did not ban the trade of wildlife on the markets.
I agree, and think I saw a lot of predictions of exactly that. In fact the youtubers I watch on China had a video from 2015 or 2016 IIRC where they went to a wet market to show people what it's like, and joked about how likely SARS viruses are to come from them and joking how they were in danger to make the video by going there.

Those same youtubers recently mentioned that while China shut down the markets for a while, they re-opened them fully and with zero new protections in place. They also did great videos about the misinformation campaign to claim the virus was from the US they say have convinced most Chinese people.

I agree, and think I saw a lot of predictions of exactly that. In fact the youtubers I watch on China had a video from 2015 or 2016 IIRC where they went to a wet market to show people what it's like, and joked about how likely SARS viruses are to come from them and joking how they were in danger to make the video by going there.

Those same youtubers recently mentioned that while China shut down the markets for a while, they re-opened them fully and with zero new protections in place. They also did great videos about the misinformation campaign to claim the virus was from the US they say have convinced most Chinese people.
Never trust China, not this current goverment. They are the world's biggest technology thieves, always shit stirring.

China and Russia are the Democracies biggest external threat.

We in the West need to wake up. The old bear is still the enemy, despite what some politicians tell you.

China is watching, taking notes.

Never trust China, not this current goverment. They are the world's biggest technology thieves, always shit stirring.

China and Russia are the Democracies biggest external threat.

We in the West need to wake up. The old bear is still the enemy, despite what some politicians tell you.

China is watching, taking notes.
You are so correct. I have learned a lot about that from the youtubers I mentioned - there are hundreds of hours of good content from years of coverage. It's hard for Americans to appreciate the problems of the Chinese government. In addition to the examples I mentioned above, here is a video they made specifically about Coronavirus very early on in January 2020.

You are so correct. I have learned a lot about that from the youtubers I mentioned - there are hundreds of hours of good content from years of coverage. It's hard for Americans to appreciate the problems of the Chinese government. In addition to the examples I mentioned above, here is a video they made specifically about Coronavirus very early on in January 2020.

We will never know 100% the physical origin of the virus. It looks animal origin, which was the thesis since Spring 2020 by many that are much more clever than me.

We will never know 100% the physical origin of the virus. It looks animal origin, which was the thesis since Spring 2020 by many that are much more clever than me.
Did you check the video or others by them?

Did you check the video or others by them?
I have watched a few minutes, will finish in bed later this evening.

I don't have or subscribe to any social media. I get my news from AP, Reuters and BBC. Minimum opinion reporting, if it's an opinion piece it's clearly marked, and i look for the label.

After 2016 I stopped getting my primary news from CNN. I had turned off Fox 2010 or so. It's all slanted one way or the other.

Get the facts, research and know your sources.

I realize most Chinese have there internet censored, but with a little knowledge there are ways to find factual information.

My question

Do the Chinese even want the truth?

And yet there has been no example anywhere, anytime, anyhow that the Covid-19 Virus was ever passed from an animal to a human outside of a lab.

How indoctrinated does a person need to be to accept the unacceptable?

I have watched a few minutes, will finish in bed later this evening.

I don't have or subscribe to any social media. I get my news from AP, Reuters and BBC. Minimum opinion reporting, if it's an opinion piece it's clearly marked, and i look for the label.

After 2016 I stopped getting my primary news from CNN. I had turned off Fox 2010 or so. It's all slanted one way or the other.

Get the facts, research and know your sources.
For what it's worth, these two lived in China for over ten years and do a great job at educating about things people don't know about the country and government. I expect from your comments you will find them useful. That video isn't the best but gives a good sample.

For what it's worth, these two lived in China for over ten years and do a great job at educating about things people don't know about the country and government. I expect from your comments you will find them useful. That video isn't the best but gives a good sample.
I will research the authors, get some background before finishing the video.

I treat most You Tube videos with suspect, depending on topic.

Its an Authoritarian regime, after covid I am determined not to step foot in China, ever!

I will research the authors, get some background before finishing the video.

I treat most You Tube videos with suspect, depending on topic.

Its an Authoritarian regime, after covid I am determined not to step foot in China, ever!
Brief info: they both moved to China with no plans to ever move, and began making positive videos about the country. After some year there, the videos became a mix of positive about the country and great criticism of the government. They reported on how the country changed drastically around 2014 when the new leader took power, and they finally moved from the country feeling oppressed, and don't plan to go back because they'd be seized; the government regularly attacks them and their channels which they often document. The channel for the South African person is "SerpentZA", well worth checking out, it has the most subscribers with nearly a million; their joint channel earlier was "ADVChina" and later "ADVPocasts". They just made a new channel "Chinafactcheckers" which has very little content and probably isn't worth your time yet.

The first China video I saw from him I thought was absurd clickbait, about how he had worked for a powerful businessman who had raped hundreds of his employees without repercussions for years - then I watched the video and that's just what happened in a horrific story.

He shows a lot about how the government lies, and how brainwashed much of the country is as a result. The two of them rode motorcycles to every province in China and made two apolitical documentaries about it, 'conquering southern china' and 'conquering northern China', just aimed at showcasing the beauty and the people. But even there they ran into the government, when Chinese nationalists would send word to people like sheepherders they were going to visit and lie to them that these two were out to mock them and make fun of their cultures in their video, leading to many of their visits getting cancelled. They both married women from mainland China.

Last edited:
Brief info: they both moved to China with no plans to ever move, and began making positive videos about the country. After some year there, the videos became a mix of positive about the country and great criticism of the government. They reported on how the country changed drastically around 2014 when the new leader took power, and they finally moved from the country feeling oppressed, and don't plan to go back because they'd be seized; the government regularly attacks them and their channels which they often document. The channel for the South African person is "SerpentZA", well worth checking out, it has the most subscribers with nearly a million; their joint channel earlier was "ADVChina" and later "ADVPocasts". They just made a new channel "Chinafactcheckers" which has very little content and probably isn't worth your time yet.
Thank you for the additional info. I can certainly understand they not feeling safe in China to speak freely. I live work in a certain Middle East country not known for its appreciation of different opinions of its leaders than what's published in its official press.

Thank you for the additional info. I can certainly understand they not feeling safe in China to speak freely. I live work in a certain Middle East country not known for its appreciation of different opinions of its leaders than what's published in its official press.
No problem. I added a few more comments to that post if it helps. They report on a huge number of issues and have all kinds of firsthand evidence. It's hugely eye-opening. This issue of authoritarian media control is great and one we in the US don't think much about, even as we see our silos of 'mainstream media' versus right-wing 'fake news'.

And yet there has been no example anywhere, anytime, anyhow that the Covid-19 Virus was ever passed from an animal to a human outside of a lab.

code, can you explain why it's unacceptable? What do you know (or think you know) to conclude its unacceptable? It just seems to me you ignore the opinion of actual scientists out of some deluded and obedient theory that if it was a lab leak we cant hold trump accountable for his incompetence, lies and malfeasance. Oh and as a bonus, could you explain if it turns out that it was a lab leak how that makes trump not responsible for his incompetence, lies and malfeasanc? thanks in advance

The odds of the Wuhan Bat species mutating their virus at the same time that Fauci and the Wuhan lab were
doing Gain of Function experiments to mutate the same virus are greater than you winning the lottery when you never
buy a ticket!

The one thing I heard that seemed plausible was that a Tech from the lab might have been taking the carcass from
the lab and supplementing his income by selling them at the markets.

The medical authority in China, especially in Wuhan city, reported on December 2019 a large number of highly fatal, rapidly spreading viral pneumonia caused by an unknown coronavirus. The common history of all the patients was their visiting a Wuhan's whole food store, where live animals and seafood are sold.
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fvets.2020.00578/full

What evidence do you have that there was no airborne transmission of the virus at the Wuhan market? Why were so many of the initial covd 19 patients associated with that market?

I’ll admit I was more on the side this was a lab leak. This new evidence is compelling. I should have known that taking the side of the dumbest people on Earth was probably wrong. They’ve been wrong on literally everything pandemic.
And a whole lot more.

Back
Top Bottom