• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Transgender People But Were Afraid To Ask

SassySmartie

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
After reading some people's questions in that other thread about the young transgender high school couple, I thought this Buzzfeed and some other information would be handy. I figured this is a good place for people to share information and ask questions.

This post is also helpful: Breaking through the binary: Gender explained using continuums

Re: Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Transgender People But Were Afraid To

While I applaud the creation of what is obviously a well-intentioned thread, my prediction is that you're going to see a lot of stubborn resistance to anything approaching a fluid and nuanced rubric re:gender identity from the more ignorant and small-minded members of DP. Put another way, the people who agree with you already know these things, and the people who don't agree with you will refuse to listen.

Re: Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Transgender People But Were Afraid To

While I applaud the creation of what is obviously a well-intentioned thread, my prediction is that you're going to see a lot of stubborn resistance to anything approaching a fluid and nuanced rubric re:gender identity from the more ignorant and small-minded members of DP. Put another way, the people who agree with you already know these things, and the people who don't agree with you will refuse to listen.

Doesn't this apply to nearly every topic on this forum? Well said though.

It seemed to me in the other thread there were a couple of people with real questions and not arguing from a small-minded viewpoint. I'm still new here though. Beyond that, the issues you bring up are pretty standard of any online forum from my experience. Thanks for the input though.

they cant find a job to earn their lives in many countries .the governments let them change their gender and give them a new identity but ignore them in real life. too much hypocrisy

That's alright the site looks like Transgender 101 for Dummies.

Illuminating

Doesn't this apply to nearly every topic on this forum? Well said though.

Thank you. To a certain extent yes, but I've found that this is one of those areas where people are especially stubborn in their refusal to accept anything beyond an extremely simplistic view of the issue. By contrast, with something like valid self defense (as a criminal law issue) even people who disagree vehemently can usually find some common ground regarding the facts of a given situation. That's usually not the case here.

It seemed to me in the other thread there were a couple of people with real questions and not arguing from a small-minded viewpoint. I'm still new here though. Beyond that, the issues you bring up are pretty standard of any online forum from my experience. Thanks for the input though.

I hope you're right about that. I've found that engaging in this topic has a lot in common with repeatedly punching a brick wall. ;)

I hope you're right about that. I've found that engaging in this topic has a lot in common with repeatedly punching a brick wall. ;)

LOL. Well I suppose I just need a different view of a brick wall from the one I've been punching over in the abortion subforum. ;)

Back
Top Bottom