• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Everything Elon Musk wants to change about Twitter

Common Sense 1

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Ideas Musk had about Twitter before he was thinking about buying it.

Everything Elon Musk wants to change about Twitter​

1650916420890.png

State of play: Before he announced he had made an offer for Twitter, Musk had talked about the things he would want to change about the social media platform, from adding an edit button to limiting content moderation.

Here's a look at everything Musk said he wants to change about Twitter:

An edit button​

Long-form tweets​

Spam bots and authentication​

Open-source algorithm​

Content moderation​

Read the story for all the details.

Beyond speech issues, Twitter faces questions about its business. For years, the company has struggled to gain new users and to keep people coming back to the service. Its advertising business, which is the main way Twitter makes revenue, has been inconsistent. Twitter has not turned a profit for eight of the last 10 years.

Beyond speech issues, Twitter faces questions about its business. For years, the company has struggled to gain new users and to keep people coming back to the service. Its advertising business, which is the main way Twitter makes revenue, has been inconsistent. Twitter has not turned a profit for eight of the last 10 years.

No business owned by Elon Musk yields an annual profit so I doubt he cares about that.

Ideas Musk had about Twitter before he was thinking about buying it.

Everything Elon Musk wants to change about Twitter​

View attachment 67387459

State of play: Before he announced he had made an offer for Twitter, Musk had talked about the things he would want to change about the social media platform, from adding an edit button to limiting content moderation.

Here's a look at everything Musk said he wants to change about Twitter:

An edit button​

Long-form tweets​

Spam bots and authentication​

Open-source algorithm​

Content moderation​

Read the story for all the details.

He also said he's going to make it a subscription service.
That boils down to YOUR reach being about how much read YOU CAN AFFORD.

So, is it going to be something like this?

"You can tweet to up to TEN of your friends or followers with your FREE Twitter subscription!
To unlock 100, $29.95/mo & for $79.95/mo it's unlimited!"

So is it going to be "libertarian Twitter" where $$$ counts more than anything else?
In other words, will Twitter Blue be the default?

And you haven’t noticed the politically biased censorship Twitter has imposed up to this point?
The far right thinks its biased because they're biased. Boring.

The far right thinks its biased because they're biased. Boring.
Can’t speak for the far right, but there is no doubt that Twitter’s censorship is politically biased. IMO, it’s rather dishonest to claim otherwise. Examples are not hard to find.

Can’t speak for the far right, but there is no doubt that Twitter’s censorship is politically biased. IMO, it’s rather dishonest to claim otherwise. Examples are not hard to find.
They're biased against dangerous misinformation, not being conservative

Okay, who didn’t see this coming?

1650924715552.png

I’ll say this much. It is a rather sad state of affairs that an eccentric South African billionaire cares more about the free expression of ideas than does my own Senator.

View attachment 67387491

I’ll say this much. It is a rather sad state of affairs that an eccentric South African billionaire cares more about the free expression of ideas than does my own Senator.
LOL, right wingers have been screeching to "hold big tech accountable" for years.

LOL, I'm starting to wonder if he's going to be you guys' next cult leader.
We do tend to gravitate to strong manly men, unlike the limp wristed twits the liberals favor...

There are really only a few categories of people that care about twitter:
- propagandists
- politicians
- celebrities
- MSM sifting through tweets for the choicest, most titillating, most provocative tweets from all of the above so they can pontificate on the absurdity ad nauseam

It has remained a small company with little to no increase in asset value. If Musk can make a buck out of it...he will. I will care as much about twitter then as I do today....meaning NOT AT ALL!

Yes! Free Speech wins! Interesting changes ahead...

Musk has said he's concerned about bias being inherent to Twitter's algorithm — which he said he'd solve with an open-source algorithm.

Musk has outlined his free speech-first vision for Twitter. He said at the TED2022 conference he thinks Twitter should not regulate content beyond what is required by the laws of the countries it operates in.

Last edited:

View attachment 67387491

Fake Indian opines. Pfffft.

SATIRE:

Back
Top Bottom