• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Everything about the 2023 NFL Draft

I would expect a trade to the Colts:

Bears No.1 for the no.5, 37, 2024 2nd rounder, 2024 3rd rounder, 2025 3rd rounder. Sets the stage to draft either TCU's Johnston, Texas Tech's Wilson, or a Florida/Northwestern/Ohio State O-lineman. Either way, the Bears will be much improved for 2023. IMO it goes to Johnston or Torrence.
Hopefully the entire Bears organization is paying attention to these four ‘divisional’ games and what it took to get here.

Note to all Debate Politics members: This is the only thread for any discussions about the 2023 NFL Draft and always will be.
You will also be able to discuss the draft in the "NFL offseason 2023" thread since this thread encompasses all things regarding the offseason. This has always been he case since the beginning of time.

Except the starting quarterback, if Chicago is smart.
There is no generational QB like a T Lawrence, Joe Burrow or John Elway this year. CJ Stroud will end up being the best QB pick this year. He is a fantastic player but just not generational. Bryce Young is very good but he is just a little guy. No way I take a guy under 6 foot 3 at number one.

The Bears should trade down. Grab a blue chipper with their first pick and then a WR with pick number two. I will be curious to see how good Fields can be with some talent to throw too. Unfortunately, there isn't much in free agency this year. Maybe they can pull off an AJ Brown or Tyreek Hill type trade. You really do need an alpha at WR. The Chiefs are gonna miss Tyreek in the playoffs.

There is no generational QB like a T Lawrence, Joe Burrow or John Elway this year. CJ Stroud will end up being the best QB pick this year. He is a fantastic player but just not generational. Bryce Young is very good but he is just a little guy. No way I take a guy under 6 foot 3 at number one.

The Bears should trade down. Grab a blue chipper with their first pick and then a WR with pick number two. I will be curious to see how good Fields can be with some talent to throw too. Unfortunately, there isn't much in free agency this year. Maybe they can pull off an AJ Brown or Tyreek Hill type trade. You really do need an alpha at WR. The Chiefs are gonna miss Tyreek in the playoffs.

Why shouldn't the Bears pick the best non-QB player at #1?

You will also be able to discuss the draft in the "NFL offseason 2023" thread since this thread encompasses all things regarding the offseason.

Whoever started that one is on my ignore list, so I never see it. That is why I hate to start my own thread about the 2023 NFL Draft.

Whoever started that one is on my ignore list, so I never see it. That is why I hate to start my own thread about the 2023 NFL Draft.
Why would you put somebody on ignore? Why can't you just skip the post or read it and move on if it triggers you? You are missing out on a lot of wisdom.

Why shouldn't the Bears pick the best non-QB player at #1?
They could or they could choose to move down just a few spots and still get a great player while adding additional picks. If there is a player they absolutely love they should pick him at number one.

Why would you put somebody on ignore? Why can't you just skip the post or read it and move on if it triggers you? You are missing out on a lot of wisdom.

That is a question for the Basement. I will not answer it here.

They could or they could choose to move down just a few spots and still get a great player while adding additional picks. If there is a player they absolutely love they should pick him at number one.

Earlier you seemed to be saying it is better to pass on the best non-QB and just collect more picks. Did you change your mind?

In all seriousness, Beane said he would consider a wideout in the opening round pending on how things plays out as it's clear it's a position of need for the reigning AFC East champions.

"I wouldn't hesitate," Beane said. "It's not a position that I say, 'Hey you don't take it in the first round' or anything like that. It's if he's a really good football player and he can fit in our offense, what we require for a receiver, we'd take him in a minute. If Ja'Marr Chase , a guy like that fell to us at 27 this year, I'd turn the card in a minute."

"We'll be creative, we'll do things," Beane said of his cap maneuvers. "We may have to rework a few contracts. It's not that we're not going to do that. But I also don't want to, in two years, be a hundred million over the cap, like we've seen teams have to do."

In other words, the Bills need to focus on trading expensive players to collect more draft picks for financial reasons.

Is anybody watching any of the college football all-star games? We all know they are extremely important for every player who participates in them and all 32 teams as part of the pre-draft process.

Since it's still within the realm of the possible that Stetson Bennett IV could be drafted, I figured this thread might be a good temporary home for this article, lol.

Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett arrested on public intoxication charge in Dallas, police say​

Good call on his choice of beverage the morning after lol. Jokes aside, I hope this is just a one-off and that he can stay clean.

ffcb00c7-9d97-4153-b092-d1f633935155_1140x641.jpg

Since it's still within the realm of the possible that Stetson Bennett IV could be drafted, I figured this thread might be a good temporary home for this article, lol.

Good call on his choice of beverage the morning after lol. Jokes aside, I hope this is just a one-off and that he can stay clean.

View attachment 67434765

Public intoxication, what a silly charge. This shouldn't hurt him at all.

Since it's still within the realm of the possible that Stetson Bennett IV could be drafted, I figured this thread might be a good temporary home for this article, LOL

Yes, in fact I was going to post a report about the incident here, but you beat me to it. This stuff frequently causes players to be drafted lower than they deserve from a physical standpoint. However, this specific case should not make him fall out of the first round.

Drug intoxication would be investigated by any team in the QB market whether he should have been charged or not. Also, any team looking for a QB in the draft will be waiting for his case to play out in court.

Back
Top Bottom