• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Everything about the 2023 NFL Draft

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Now is the time when people who watch both college and professional football games every week can start thinking about National Football League draft prospects. Scouts from all 32 NFL teams will be at the five playoff games. Each team will have its own player watch list, but some players may be on all of them. Unfortunately, some players decided not to play in earlier bowl games to avoid the risk of very bad injuries, but hopefully that will not hurt their draft pick statuses.

The Senior Bowl will be played on February 4m less than a month after the CFP Championship Game. Don't forget there will be other All-Star games for the best draft-eligible players to show coaches, general managers, and scouts from all 32 teams what they can do at the professional level. I will post all of that information as the NFL reports it. But for now, let's all focus on the best players in college football from the University of Georgia, the University of Michigan, Texas Christian University, and Ohio State University.

Now is the time when people who watch both college and professional football games every week can start thinking about National Football League draft prospects. Scouts from all 32 NFL teams will be at the five playoff games. Each team will have its own player watch list, but some players may be on all of them. Unfortunately, some players decided not to play in earlier bowl games to avoid the risk of very bad injuries, but hopefully that will not hurt their draft pick statuses.

The Senior Bowl will be played on February 4m less than a month after the CFP Championship Game. Don't forget there will be other All-Star games for the best draft-eligible players to show coaches, general managers, and scouts from all 32 teams what they can do at the professional level. I will post all of that information as the NFL reports it. But for now, let's all focus on the best players in college football from the University of Georgia, the University of Michigan, Texas Christian University, and Ohio State University.

That (bolded above) leaves out some obvious top (projected) NFL draft picks.

Between the transfer portal and kids refusing to play in bowl games, I decided, just this afternoon, I am done with college football.

All your best players are missing from the most important games. Ridiculous.

That (bolded above) leaves out some obvious top (projected) NFL draft picks.

I know, but Jaxon Smith-Njigba tried his best to play against Georgia and doctors would not let him do it. Aggravating his left hamstring injury in Week 3 or 4 was a serious setback. However, it is not like a knee ligament tear. His projection will not drop because of that surgery unless no team thinks there is enough video to figure out how good he really is.

Between the transfer portal and kids refusing to play in bowl games, I decided, just this afternoon, I am done with college football.

All your best players are missing from the most important games. Ridiculous.

Nonsense. We are talking about the playoffs now. Do you really think healthy players trying to win a national championship for their teams decided not to play? We see this happen at the lesser bowl games and with players who are recovering from injuries. This is very different. Their only goal is to win.

Nonsense. We are talking about the playoffs now. Do you really think healthy players trying to win a national championship for their teams decided not to play? We see this happen at the lesser bowl games and with players who are recovering from injuries. This is very different. Their only goal is to win.

Read my post again. I did not speak specifically to the playoffs but kids have sat out before in the playoffs.

You really did not reply to my post but don't seem to know it.

Read my post again. I did not speak specifically to the playoffs but kids have sat out before in the playoffs.

You really did not reply to my post but don't seem to know it.

The semifinals are bowl games, so by saying "bowl games," you are including the playoffs.

The semifinals are bowl games, so by saying "bowl games," you are including the playoffs.

Omg, no ****in joke.

Like I said, college football is crap now. COLLEGE basketball too.
I always preferred the college game to the pros, no more. I am done with college sport.

The Carter family had a scare when the original bill would have forced him to serve in the military before playing in the NFL. He got lucky, thanks to the bill revision.

Which draft-eligible players will you scout today, and why?

I would expect a trade to the Colts:

Bears No.1 for the no.5, 37, 2024 2nd rounder, 2024 3rd rounder, 2025 3rd rounder. Sets the stage to draft either TCU's Johnston, Texas Tech's Wilson, or a Florida/Northwestern/Ohio State O-lineman. Either way, the Bears will be much improved for 2023. IMO it goes to Johnston or Torrence.

As a Jacksonville fan, I did not want Houston to get the top pick. So I am happy the Texans won and Bears lost today.

Note to all Debate Politics members: This is the only thread for any discussions about the 2023 NFL Draft and always will be.

Note to all Debate Politics members: This is the only thread for any discussions about the 2023 NFL Draft and always will be.
Hey- Did you see the Bear game today?

Nathan Peterman probably isnt the QB of the future for them, but Velus Jones played well enough to keep his job for 2023.

Hey - Did you see the Bears game today?

Nathan Peterman probably isn't the QB of the future for them, but Velus Jones played well enough to keep his job for 2023.

No, I watched the Patriots/Bills game. But I looked at the score tracker at the bottom of my TV screen and saw Chicago was having a bad day.

Justin Fields will remain Chicago's starting QB. If the Bears want to draft a better backup for him than Nathan Peterman, they can look at the later rounds. Their top pick will definitely not be a QB.

NOTE: The NFL announced in August that the Miami Dolphins will forfeit their 2023 first-round pick and 2024 third-round pick following an investigation into whether the team violated league policies pertaining to the integrity of the game.

Top 10 picks:

1. Chicago Bears
2. Houston Texans
3. Arizona Cardinals
4. Indianapolis Colts
5. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos)
6. Detroit Lions (from Los Angeles Rams)
7. Las Vegas Raiders
8. Atlanta Falcons
9. Carolina Panthers
10. Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans Saints)

"I think we have really good flexibility to help this team, regardless if it's making the pick there or moving back a little bit or moving back a lot," Poles said. "We will be open-minded about everything."

Except the starting quarterback, if Chicago is smart.

Except the starting quarterback, if Chicago is smart.
(Narrator) “they, of course, we’re not very smart.”

(Narrator) “they, of course, were not very smart.”

Drafting a QB at #1 definitely would be stupid. Justin Fields is their franchise QB because he has all the traits they were looking for two years ago. So when talking about what they should do with the top pick, QB is obviously not a position to be considered.

The phrase "blown away" is more likely about the possibility of another team wanting to trade up for the #1 pick if they want to use it on a QB. That team could be the Colts, who need to leapfrog the Texans if they want a specific QB.

Back
Top Bottom