• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Everyone Who’s Been Charged as a Result of the Mueller Investigation

Actually very few people can keep track of all the special laws pertaining to running for office on top of the umpteen million laws for everyone.

Probably true. But the latest are reports that Trump was in the room when they decided this. I can imagine Trump wouldn't care, but in general, one has to assume that the topic comes up, somebody might ask, "Hey, Clarence D., are we ok doing this?" It's not as if they were discussing the ideal diameter of campaign buttons.

BTW, 'collusion' is not illegal. However, 'criminal conspiracy' is the proper term.

Really???...This far into the matter and you're still bandying the "collusion isn't illegal" line....

FWIW, be somewhat more exacting with your diction. Though it's likely not applicable in the thus far publicized Trump-related matters, there are instances in antitrust law where collusion is illegal and measurable.
-- Colluding Under The Radar: Achieving Collusion Through Vertical Exchange of Information
-- Explicit vs Tacit Collusion: The E↵ects of Firm Numbers and Asymmetries
-- The F.T.C., Oligopoly, and Shared Monopoly
I know what you meant, so I'm not giving you grief. I'm just suggesting you abjure broad declarations when you're talking about the law.

Right wingers plug their ears and shout NO COLLUSION NO COLLUSION but lets look at this list.

Can you read a list like that and tell me:
1) This is a "witch hunt."
2) That a man who surrounds himself with this many criminals is definitely not a criminal himself

Really???...This far into the matter and you're still bandying the "collusion isn't illegal" line....

FWIW, be somewhat more exacting with your diction. Though it's likely not applicable in the thus far publicized Trump-related matters, there are instances in antitrust law where collusion is illegal and measurable.
-- Colluding Under The Radar: Achieving Collusion Through Vertical Exchange of Information
-- Explicit vs Tacit Collusion: The E↵ects of Firm Numbers and Asymmetries
-- The F.T.C., Oligopoly, and Shared Monopoly
I know what you meant, so I'm not giving you grief. I'm just suggesting you abjure broad declarations when you're talking about the law.

Colluding can be put under the umbrella of 'Criminal Conspiracy'.. but those specific thing you linked to are 'criminal conspiracy'. Criminal conspiracy is a type of colluding, but is more specific, because laws are actually broken.

I thought conservatives were all for 'user pays'? You want an education? - pay for it yourself. You want healthcare? - pay for it yourself. You want to read a book, newspaper or website? Pay for it yourself.

^^ funny ^^ I've been instructed on ways to essentially beat the paywall (steal) the articles, yet no complaints of theft from you, JoanDavis ??

"Collusion" is not a legal term, so Guiliani and Trump tweets can define it to mean whatever they want. Conspiracy is the real charge and Trump supporters are way too comfy that this won't happen.

Yea exactly. They sound just like his robots ., “no collusion!!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And she was convicted?

Between Benghazi and the emails....where are the convictions?

On the other hand....we have actual evidence of wrong doing and pleas and convictions. Who knows where it will lead. Mueller seems to be plugging away and taking his time to verify confessions with other evidence. Collusion? Who knows...but Trump sure made sure he was surrounded by people that didn't mind breaking the law. I will accept the findings whether or not Trump is implicated. But it sure looks bad that he surrounds himself with a bunch of people so willing to break the law.

Irrelevant.

Because the investigation is not over. I have no clue what he will find when he finishes connecting the dots. But I am sure the investigation is not over.

YES I know that did you need that LAST point and the POINTS I have been indicating. People are indicating guilt by trying to connect dots. WITHOUT KNOWING what Mueller has.

The is list as PER OP's post was trying to assume there was a Russian Connections THERE IS ZERO Connection on all the charges. SO NO ONE AT THIS TIME should even be saying there is collusion YET.... Read half the post here, Watch CNN.

Then guess what. there is NO collusion so the move to Obstruction... Hows that holding up. Thats not going well so now its the lowest... Campaign finance violations... AND even that is hard to prove...BUT alas I am NOT accusing the president of anyo of those because we do NOT know anything until Mueller release his report and the DOJ has a chance to review and decide if formal charges are adequate.

Yep.
And nothing regarding collusion. So much for all the hysteria.

I don't understand this argument. Do you realize the NRA, the gun touting organization you love so much, has been infiltrated by Russians, was used by Russians to funnel money to Trump and sent a spy to ask Trump questions about Russia policy, and that spy is now cooperating with Robert Mueller after she was found guilty for doing all this????

Probably true. But the latest are reports that Trump was in the room when they decided this. I can imagine Trump wouldn't care, but in general, one has to assume that the topic comes up, somebody might ask, "Hey, Clarence D., are we ok doing this?" It's not as if they were discussing the ideal diameter of campaign buttons.

I personally have dealt with lawyers on legal matters and I don't recall ever questioning him as to what he recommends is legal or not. I mean I have no clue. I fi knew the law and what to do I would have need of the lawyer. A lawyer advise me on the law and what is legal.

Legal Definition of lawyer : one whose profession is to advise clients as to legal rights and obligations and to represent clients in legal proceedings.

You should listen to the tape then.
What Tape? They have a tape of Trump ordering this lawyer to break the law after he advised trump that it was illegal? Really.

My opinion is that this lawyer is a lying low life scum of the earth. He threw away all those years of college, his career, and now is going to jail because he decided to pay off some gold digging bimbo. He clearly knew what he was doing was illegal and apparently did not care. It was not out of loyalty because he is singing like a canary. I would put more trust in the loyalty of the average felon serving time. He hopefully will find out the meaning of loyalty in jail.

What Tape?
Cohen's tape.

My opinion is that this lawyer is a lying low life scum of the earth.
No, say it isn't so. Of course is is, that is why Trump used him.

He threw away all those years of college, his career, and now is going to jail because he decided to pay off some gold digging bimbo.
No, not for that.

He clearly knew what he was doing was illegal and apparently did not care.
So did Trump.

It was not out of loyalty because he is singing like a canary.
Are they mutually exclusive?

I would put more trust in the loyalty of the average felon serving time.
Good for you, I hope you will not need it.

Not being convicted doesn't prove innocence.

Well being convicted or admitting your guilt says alot more than your innuendo.:lamo

I don't understand this argument. Do you realize the NRA, the gun touting organization you love so much, has been infiltrated by Russians, was used by Russians to funnel money to Trump and sent a spy to ask Trump questions about Russia policy, and that spy is now cooperating with Robert Mueller after she was found guilty for doing all this????

Ms. Butina confessed to her role in the Russia targeting of the 2016 election.

No. Its called evidence that Russia targeted BOTH campaigns during the campaign.

Haha. No. She specifically used the NRA to launder Russian money. They aren't known to have many or any registered democrats in positions of power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom