• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Everyone Who’s Been Charged as a Result of the Mueller Investigation

Don't think "collusion" is in the criminal code.

It isn't. Neither is "conspiracy". Those facts highlight the tyranny of Muellergate.

Why are you asking me these questions? Did you not read the part about the investigation not being over?

Because in error I think you thought I could NOT read the article. Which I could.

Secondly, by the highlighted initial Text in OP's post.

Good breakdown of the results of an investigation that hasn't even reported its findings yet.

Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel investigating possible links between the Trump campaign and Russian officials, has issued more than 100 criminal counts against 33 people and three companies. On Wednesday, Michael D. Cohen, a former lawyer of Donald J. Trump, was sentenced to 3 years in prison for his role in a hush-money scandal that could threaten Mr. Trump’s presidency.​

From the 100 criminal Counts against 33 people There is ZERO links to RUSSIANS in regards to Trump, from the criminal charges as per the Picture and report

YES ITS NOT over, but the "assumption" of this is saying there is links. is a little pre mature and silly.

More so your response, "Keep hope alive" is indicating that you feel there is a connection which by 100 charges and 33 people nothing indicates such as of current.

Probably a slight difference between a homeowner not knowing the plumbing codes, and a presidential candidate not knowing that paying off significant sums to buy silence shortly before an election was fishy.

It's not as if Trump has shown great respect for the legalities even when he has to have been aware of them: "Gee, your honor, how was I to know that grabbing women without their consent was against the law?... And the emoluments clause, isn't emolument something Melania puts on her skin?... You mean Trump University actually had to have classes, professors, and stuff as advertised?... We ratified a treaty that requires us not to return refugees to danger? Lucky I wasn't in the room when they agreed to that... Yes, I am the "law and order" president, your honor. That means I give the orders as to which laws to obey or ignore. And isn't your name Curiel? Are you even allowed to hear these cases?"

There is no single person in this country that can be aware of all the laws in this country. It is simply impossible. A lot of laws are not even specific but determined on an individual basis. I found that out with the IRS. I have called about issues and they could not give me an answer but would have someone audit me and make a determination of the law after the fact. Most of the time we are not sure of the new regulations until a few days before filing. I have been down this road too many times. I have sat on the phone with my cousin who is one of the people who does audits and determines the law and she cannot give me answers about what I can or cannot claim as a deduction because it is determined by the person doing the audit after the fact. I will not know if I am breaking the law until after I file they determine the law. That is a fact.

Yes I did new construction for developers. Some of the largest in the country. No they did not ask me to violate code.
Because in the position they are they know better. You were implying that Trump is a moron who did not understand anything and now you are praising him.

I would not do it either way.
I am not questioning your professional integrity.

Most of the time they built outside city limits and then annexed in to the city to get around city codes.
Ah, so thy were smart like Trump.

They also used a lot of illegals to do their dirty work.
Also smart as Trump.

A lot of times the people like Trump never set foot on the property. He was in a penthouse in another state delegating.
But they know everything, it is the only way they stay on top.

Why are these charges being touted as a success for Mueller when none of them have anything to do with the focus of his inquiry?

It isn't. Neither is "conspiracy". Those facts highlight the tyranny of Muellergate.

I believe conspiracy is, but that aside, what’s your beef with Mueller? A republican, appointed by republicans, reporting on a republican, and he hasn’t produced his report yet. Or do you have an advance copy you can critique for us?

Good breakdown of the results of an investigation that hasn't even reported its findings yet.

Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel investigating possible links between the Trump campaign and Russian officials, has issued more than 100 criminal counts against 33 people and three companies. On Wednesday, Michael D. Cohen, a former lawyer of Donald J. Trump, was sentenced to 3 years in prison for his role in a hush-money scandal that could threaten Mr. Trump’s presidency.​

Is that bunch of Russians, who will never be tried or convicted (basically a sham) in the 33 people count?

There is no single person in this country that can be aware of all the laws in this country. It is simply impossible. A lot of laws are not even specific but determined on an individual basis. I found that out with the IRS. I have called about issues and they could not give me an answer but would have someone audit me and make a determination of the law after the fact. Most of the time we are not sure of the new regulations until a few days before filing. I have been down this road too many times. I have sat on the phone with my cousin who is one of the people who does audits and determines the law and she cannot give me answers about what I can or cannot claim as a deduction because it is determined by the person doing the audit after the fact. I will not know if I am breaking the law until after I file they determine the law. That is a fact.

Somehow if you were running for high office, I believe you would suspect or have advisors who would suspect that paying hush money to women shortly before an election might be borderline illegal. Simpler than the tax code.

Somehow if you were running for high office, I believe you would suspect or have advisors who would suspect that paying hush money to women shortly before an election might be borderline illegal. Simpler than the tax code.

NDAs are not illegal. They are done daily.

You tell me. You're one of the ones that insists it's a crime.

Actually, I have been on record here saying that "collusion" isn't in and of itself a crime. More than once I've posted Rosenstein's investigation directive to Mueller. Collusion is not mentioned.

It is Trump who has continued on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on saying "no collusion". No one has said it more than Trump. Most people who do not support Trump don't often use the term. If anything the Trump Party owns "collusion" as they continue to use the word.

That is the reason WHY, Cohen is guilty of the stated crime. He as The LEGAL Adviser to Trump likely should have known better.

With that as Trump a "possible" Negligent party as likely this is NOT his first NDA or pay off...Is much of a Moral scumbag as he is, Im sure he has more than one. The only difference is that this was done during the campaign. IN WHICH TIME.....Cohen having done MULTIPLE NDAs up to this point should have advise his client Trump that doing this specific NDA during this specific period could be considered an campaign violation.

BUT from all accounts that I have read. This was NOT relayed properly to Trump from the legal adviser (Cohen) So Trump through the assumptions and prior executions of other NDA's processed this as normal not realizing this can be considered a violation.

THE Big issue IS,

1) Will the courts side that TRUMP was coherently knowledgeable that this pay off was in FACT a violation.
2) IS The judgement against Trump, if found that he participated unknowingly with the lack of proper consultation a FELONY or Civil and will this be something greater than a fine.
3) Cohen is the one that executed the Shell Company, executed the payment and facilitated the transaction where by guidance from TRUMP was TRUMP an active participate and knowing.
4) People dont like trump, Would the house then congress move to impeach Trump for something like this.....

Funny First lady of Arkansas, First lady of the US, Senator for NY, Secretary of State, Someone should have told HRC that having a private server was a NO NO. Yet she faced no charges?.... But alas, Im going to be accused of bringing up HRC and What aboutism....

so again... Back to TRUMP.... Was he ILL advised and participated KNOWINGLY or UNKNOWINGLY if he face prosecution would the judge find it a Felony or a civil case.

Last edited:
Clinton actually committed a crime.

And she was convicted?

Between Benghazi and the emails....where are the convictions?

On the other hand....we have actual evidence of wrong doing and pleas and convictions. Who knows where it will lead. Mueller seems to be plugging away and taking his time to verify confessions with other evidence. Collusion? Who knows...but Trump sure made sure he was surrounded by people that didn't mind breaking the law. I will accept the findings whether or not Trump is implicated. But it sure looks bad that he surrounds himself with a bunch of people so willing to break the law.

NDAs are not illegal. They are done daily.

What did Cohen plead guilty to then?... Seems to me I remember hush money being mentioned... Pecker also has fessed to something and is cooperating. Haven't their lawyers told them about your point?

• Why is it that everyone's lying about their interactions with Russians?
  • Why does it appear nobody was "colluding" with folks from nations with which the US is allied instead of a clear adversary?

BTW, 'collusion' is not illegal. However, 'criminal conspiracy' is the proper term.

What did Cohen plead guilty to then?... Seems to me I remember hush money being mentioned... Pecker also has fessed to something and is cooperating. Haven't their lawyers told them about your point?

Don't you know? Cohen pleaded guilty with three years worth of time just to "embarrass the president". Trump stated he has heard from "campaign finance lawyers" that he, Trump, had done nothing wrong. And we all know Trump has the best lawyers.

I wish y'all stop with the paywall crap.

I thought conservatives were all for 'user pays'? You want an education? - pay for it yourself. You want healthcare? - pay for it yourself. You want to read a book, newspaper or website? Pay for it yourself.

No paywall here. Do you suppose that news outlets are targeting conservatives with their pay walls?

Apparently you don't read the NYTimes as much as we do. There is a limit on the number of articles, once that is tripped the paywall activates.

PoweRob!! Thanks I was just trying to do this!

NOW not to you but to the others.

26 Russians in this total - 12 Intelligence officers, 1 Linguist and 13 Russian National - Charged with Conspiracies, Obstruction, financial crimes ( WE KNOW this as 17 Intelligence Agencies stated Russians TRIED to interfere)

8 Americans - Lying to Congress, Bank fraud, Lying to FBI, Identify Fraud. NONE of this connects them to the ABOVE charged RUSSIANS

Of the 8 Americans NONE are Charged with Conspiracy against the US.

With that NONE indicate a collusion, Tie, Plot, ploy, agreement, Pay for Play, Logan act committed by these listed.

NONE on the WHOLE list implicates, Indicates, ties TRUMP or his campaign to colluding, agree, plotting, with Russia (YET).....We do NOT know what Mueller has...

Soooo I am GLAD all these people are getting their adjudication (GUILTY or NOT) That is the process. BUT if the "assumption" is this indicates collusion? I do NOT see a single point? Please clarify anyone?

Because the investigation is not over. I have no clue what he will find when he finishes connecting the dots. But I am sure the investigation is not over.

I thought conservatives were all for 'user pays'? You want an education? - pay for it yourself. You want healthcare? - pay for it yourself. You want to read a book, newspaper or website? Pay for it yourself.

I believe his point was that the posters should avoid using links that others do not have access to. Liberals may not be aware of it, but is a matter of common courtesy.

Actually very few people can keep track of all the special laws pertaining to running for office on top of the umpteen million laws for everyone.

Don't you know? Cohen pleaded guilty with three years worth of time just to "embarrass the president". Trump stated he has heard from "campaign finance lawyers" that he, Trump, had done nothing wrong. And we all know Trump has the best lawyers.

Clearly a man with a grudge.

Back
Top Bottom