• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Everyone should be required to carry a gun?

Artymoon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Saw this across my social media feed today and tongue and cheek aside, it got me to thinking? Is the gov't requiring a person to carry a gun similar to the gov't requiring a person to receive a vaccine?

IMG_4531.PNG

Saw this across my social media feed today and tongue and cheek aside, it got me to thinking? Is the gov't requiring a person to carry a gun similar to the gov't requiring a person to receive a vaccine?

View attachment 67346320
Indeed! Nothing would make me feel safer . . . .
. . . . . especially after work on the uptown A Train . . . on a Friday . . . after Happy Hour.

View attachment 67346320
What govt is requiring everyone to get vaccinated?

873957233.jpg

AR15 with a shoulder strap.

It's an adequate militia weapon until we get the full auto M4 unbanned.

Which, hopefully, will be about the same time I can finally mount that M230 chain gun back on my Army surplus AH-64 Apache. That empty hole in the nose just cries out for it.

What govt is requiring everyone to get vaccinated?
Poor choice of words on my part. No gov't that I know of at the moment. But it's not hard for me to imagine that it could head that way.

Poor choice of words on my part. No gov't that I know of at the moment. But it's not hard for me to imagine that it could head that way.

So it's a false analogy, but you feeeeeeeel like it's a good analogy.

I think it is hard to imagine, IMO I don’t think it will ever even be seriously talked about

I think it is hard to imagine, IMO I don’t think it will ever even be seriously talked about
I thought the same a year ago but not sure now. I hope you're right.

View attachment 67346320

I live in the Maine. Not everyone has a gun. Some have 2 or more. Constitutional carry should be nationwide, available not required.

Given the stupidity of so many, this is a real bad idea. Shoot outs over parking spaces? You cut me off changing lanes and deserve to die? We are not mature enough or just not smart enough to be armed with guns.

Given the stupidity of so many, this is a real bad idea. Shoot outs over parking spaces? You cut me off changing lanes and deserve to die? We are not mature enough or just not smart enough to be armed with guns.
"We" aren't? How so 100 million gun owners go through their lives without committing any crimes with guns.

View attachment 67346320

It's a stupid "argument." It's pretty much totally beyond question that everyone getting vaccinated would make us all safer. Not so with everyone carrying guns.

It really isn't that hard actually, considering Biden has already mandated that everyone in the military must be vaccinated, whether they want to be or not.

He is also considering giving the same illegal order to all federal employees. So the next obvious step for Biden's handlers (since he clearly lacks the cognitive ability to think for himself) would be to make vaccinations mandatory nation-wide.

This is where Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection comes into play. Firearms in the hands of morons are a bigger danger to themselves than to others. After just a few generations of a fully armed populace we should develop smarter, wiser individuals who also happen to be damn good shots. (y)

AR15 with a shoulder strap.

That "shoulder strap" is called a "sling."

Also, fully automatic firearms are not banned. You simply need the appropriate FFL to own one. Which is why the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 violates the US Constitution.

Wow! What a stupid idea this is. Wow, again! It's amazing to me that some posters here are actually considering such a daft notion seriously. Contemplate how courts and governments would mahage fully armed people moving through their institutions under stress. Consider the fun that the corrections facilities would have with armed prisoners demanding penal reform. Consider the state of schools and day-care centres with anxious, hormonal you imbalanced and disaffected children who are armed and angry being faced down by armed and angry teachers and day-care workers. Consider the Circus Maximus of the mental health sector and its practioners trying to manage armed but insane people. Consider the body counts among police if all innercity populations were armed to the teeth on hot summer days when the power goes out. Consider the domestic tranquility when illegal aliens are first given guns and then arrested by border patrol agents when those agents try to separate the parents from the kids.

Arming everyone by government diktat is the dumbest idea I have seen discussed in this knuckle-dragging forum for egotistically self-absorbed. My rights! No responsibilities or I'll shoot y'all. Pathetic.

Extinction to gun-toting Social Darwinists and armed Neo-Spencerites.
A pissed-off Evilroddy.

Wow! What a stupid idea this is. Wow, again! It's amazing to me that some posters here are actually considering such a daft notion seriously. Contemplate how courts and governments would mahage fully armed people moving through their institutions under stress. Consider the fun that the corrections facilities would have with armed prisoners demanding penal reform. Consider the state of schools and day-care centres with anxious, hormonal you imbalanced and disaffected children who are armed and angry being faced down by armed and angry teachers and day-care workers. Consider the Circus Maximus of the mental health sector and its practioners trying to manage armed but insane people. Consider the body counts among police if all innercity populations were armed to the teeth on hot summer days when the power goes out. Consider the domestic tranquility when illegal aliens are first given guns and then arrested by border patrol agents when those agents try to separate the parents from the kids.

Arming everyone by government diktat is the dumbest idea I have seen discussed in this knuckle-dragging forum for egotistically self-absorbed. My rights! No responsibilities or I'll shoot y'all. Pathetic.

A pissed-off Evilroddy.
It doesn't have to be by government dictate. Depending on where you live, it may already be happening voluntarily.

In Alaska, for example, there are 1.53 firearms for every household. Some may not own firearms, and others may own several, but the overall result is that there are a sufficient number of firearms for every Alaskan.

I think you will find similar results in other States that have lots of land and small populations, like in Wyoming and Montana.

It really isn't that hard actually, considering Biden has already mandated that everyone in the military must be vaccinated, whether they want to be or not.

He is also considering giving the same illegal order to all federal employees. So the next obvious step for Biden's handlers (since he clearly lacks the cognitive ability to think for himself) would be to make vaccinations mandatory nation-wide.
Are you really that ignorant? Those in the military get shot up with all shots of mandatory vaccines.

The federal govt can’t impose a condition to work on its employees? Are you against employers being able to run their business?

A pissed-off Evilroddy.
You didn't seem to catch the analogy

Which, hopefully, will be about the same time I can finally mount that M230 chain gun back on my Army surplus AH-64 Apache. That empty hole in the nose just cries out for it.
It's not located in the nose.

You didn't seem to catch the analogy
Clax1911:

No, I caught the daft and failed analogy. That was another dimension of stupid which I chose not to dwell on in this microencephalous thread. This whole thread, regrettably including my own polemic, has a thread IQ of less than one, in my humble opinion.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Back
Top Bottom