• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Everyone Knows It’s True

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Everyone Knows It’s True

As Trump vehemently disputes reports that he has disparaged veterans, some silences speak loudly.

GettyImages-1228299367-scaled-e1599004832202.jpg

9/7/20
Donald Trump generates a lot of noise. He talks. He tweets. He is echoed and amplified by a vast claque, on TV and online, made up of Americans and foreigners, humans and bots. Never has he shouted louder than in the days since my colleague Jeffrey Goldberg reported the president’s disparaging comments about those who have fallen, been maimed, or taken prisoner in war. Trump’s protestations have been seconded by his wife. The first lady’s endorsement of Trump’s pro-military credentials has been repeated by Trump Cabinet secretaries, as well as by Fox News talking heads, and by a recipient of a Trump pardon. Amid the clamor, it’s easy to overlook those who are not yelling, those who are keeping silent. Where are the senior officers of the United States armed forces, serving and retired—the men and women who worked most closely on military affairs with President Trump? Has any one of them stepped forward to say, “That’s not the man I know”? How many wounded warriors have stepped forward to attest to Trump’s care and concern for them? How many Gold Star families have stepped forward on Trump’s behalf? How many service families? The silence is resounding. And when such voices do speak, they typically describe a president utterly lacking in empathy to grieving families, wholly uncomprehending of sacrifice and suffering.

President Trump disparaged the captain of the USS Theodore Roosevelt after that naval officer warned superiors of a COVID-19 outbreak aboard the aircraft carrier. The uniformed military will remember how Trump has abused one of the greatest commanders of the age, Admiral William McRaven, who commanded the operations that captured Saddam Hussein and killed Osama bin Laden. Trump has also abused General Stanley McChrystal, a former commander of forces in Afghanistan. And how did he treat Marine General John Allen, another former Afghanistan commander, who later coordinated the fight against ISIS? “His record = BAD” Or Marine General James Mattis, Trump’s own former secretary of defense? “The world’s most over-rated general.” So perhaps it’s no surprise that when Trump went looking for military character witnesses, he could find so few to vouch for him. So when it is reported—first in The Atlantic, then by The Washington Post, the AP, CNN, and Fox News—that multiple sources have heard Trump sneer and jibe at America’s fallen, the reporting rings true because it is consistent with the public record. The denials ring false because they defy that public record. The things reported fit in the mouth you know. Everybody knows it’s true, and most especially those who have been tasked to deny it.

No US military officers have stepped forward to vouch for Donald Trump. And let us not forget the twin brothers - US Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman and US Lt. Col. Yevgeny Vindman.

Trump had both officers unceremoniously removed from their jobs in the White House because they told the truth under oath at Trumps impeachment trial in the House.

Who can forget how Trump crapped all over Navy Captain/Senator John McCain? Or the Gold Star family of Khizr Khan? Or the Gold Star widow Myeshia Johnson?

Vengeful and vindictive is Donald Trumps MO ... and Everyone Knows It’s True.

Everyone Knows It’s True

As Trump vehemently disputes reports that he has disparaged veterans, some silences speak loudly.

GettyImages-1228299367-scaled-e1599004832202.jpg

No US military officers have stepped forward to vouch for Donald Trump. And let us not forget the twin brothers - US Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman and US Lt. Col. Yevgeny Vindman.

Trump had both officers unceremoniously removed from their jobs in the White House because they told the truth under oath at Trumps impeachment trial in the House.

Who can forget how Trump crapped all over Navy Captain/Senator John McCain? Or the Gold Star family of Khizr Khan? Or the Gold Star widow Myeshia Johnson?

Vengeful and vindictive is Donald Trumps MO ... and Everyone Knows It’s True.

Seems not everyone "knows it's true".

Seems not everyone "knows it's true".

This is the same John Bolton that alleged Trump actively and intentionally extorted Ukraine to try to get them involved in our election. You don't get to use him as a pro-Trump character witness if you conveniently reject all of the negative things he alleges about Trump.

But here's the thing.

It doesn't matter.

Nothing matters anymore.

Our existence has become so surreal, so utterly bizarre, that forget it.

It doesn't matter if he said it.

It doesn't matter that he failed in his leadership during what is probable to be one of the most important events of our lifetime.

It doesn't matter he stole money from a kids cancer fund.

And that's 0.1% of all the terrible things he's said and done.

It doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter, nothing does.

So who cares?

Only the stupidest people in existence think it's a good thing he's President.

Let's stop pretending humanity is special and that we deserve to, or are worthy of existence, if this is what all our modern technology and access to all human knowledge produces in terms of leadership:

giphy.gif

Go ahead, elect him again.

Let's hasten the downfall so it can just be finished sooner.

He said basically the same thing about McCain. If that wasn't bad enough to lose some of his cult, this won't be either. I doubt that there's a recording anyway. However, that doesn't matter, either. The dude could start a G.G. Allin cover band and throw feces at his rallies while wearing nothing but a dog collar, and they'd still vote for him.

This is the same John Bolton that alleged Trump actively and intentionally extorted Ukraine to try to get them involved in our election. You don't get to use him as a pro-Trump character witness if you conveniently reject all of the negative things he alleges about Trump.

I'm not using him as a pro-Trump character witness. I'm using him to slap the OP and his dumbass thread title upside the head.

But here's the thing.

It doesn't matter.

Nothing matters anymore.

It doesn't matter that he failed in his leadership during what is probable to be one of the most important events of our lifetime.

It doesn't matter.

So who cares?

Let's stop pretending humanity is special and that we deserve to, or are worthy of existence, if this is what all our modern technology and access to all human knowledge produces in terms of leadership:

giphy.gif

I'm not using him as a pro-Trump character witness. I'm using him to slap the OP and his dumbass thread title upside the head.

You call him a liar about every other negative thing he's said about Trump but with this one thing you believe him?

But here's the thing.

It doesn't matter.

Nothing matters anymore.

It doesn't matter.

So who cares?

giphy.gif

I know how you feel. It's very discouraging when you realize that the vast majority of people are idiots.

But consider how many Russians support Putin a man who poisons and assassinates his opponents. This is the human condition.

You call him a liar about every other negative thing he's said about Trump but with this one thing you believe him?

Again...I haven't said a thing about whether I believe Bolton or not. But he is proof that the OP is running a line of bull****.

Again...I haven't said a thing about whether I believe Bolton or not. But he is proof that the OP is running a line of bull****.

You've consistently called him a liar and a manipulator so how can he be your proof that Trump never said it?

Bolton is a manipulator. He'll say anything to get what he wants.

1. Orcs are more intelligent than Trump supporters.

19/20ths of the time you're just dealing with low rent trolling. You really can't say which part is stupidity and which part is just pretending to be stupidity to screw with you. Trump supporters are malevolent Ken M trolls. Ken M Is The Most Epic Troll On The Internet

Bidens not Aragorn.

He doesn't need to be. We just need to get out the vote. I'm volunteering to be a poll worker and have donated to Biden's campaign several times. What have you done?

potato.jpg

Last edited:
You've consistently called him a liar and a manipulator so how can he be your proof that Trump never said it?

SMH...

Never mind. Get back to me when you learn to read English.

SMH...

Never mind. Get back to me when you learn to read English.

I was able to read many of your posts where you called Bolton a manipulator and a liar that can't be trusted, so I find it odd you think a statement from him "proves" something.

19/20ths of the time you're just dealing with low rent trolling. You really can't say which part is stupidity and which part is just pretending to be stupidity to screw with you. Trump supporters are malevolent Ken M trolls. Ken M Is The Most Epic Troll On The Internet

He doesn't need to be. We just need to get out the vote. I'm volunteering to be a poll worker and have donated to Biden's campaign several times. What have you done?

Sit north of the border in utter terror and disbelief.

I know it's not exactly helpful, but it seems appropriate.

Sit north of the border in utter terror and disbelief.

I know it's not exactly helpful, but it seems appropriate.

The law probably isn't going to smile on you making phone calls to get out the vote, registering voters or donating to campaigns. Here's something you can do which would be 100% legal: on the last week of the campaign Facebook is going to suspend political ads, which sounds all very well and good except "regular folk" (Russian troll bots) are going to be lambasting Facebook with anti-Biden memes. You could always disseminate pro-Biden posts. It's not sexy but it's objectively more useful than telling everybody we're all gonna die.

The fact is that what's needed is pro-Biden messaging. Trust me when I say we're all good on anti-Trump messaging.

Last edited:
At this point in time, I've no way to determine if the comments reported to have been made by President of the United States of America Donald Trump were actually made.

I do know, a priori, that the nature and style of the comments -- disparaging a person or a group -- are not significantly different from other documented utterances and writings of his. There are many examples available. In this respect, the ascribed statements do not stand in contrast to his projected persona. They cannot be readily dismissed as being totally out of character.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Back
Top Bottom