• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Every time I think the Russians and Putin can't get any crazier, they shell a nuclear plant to prove me wrong

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Russians are shelling Europe's largest nuclear plant in Western Ukraine, near the border of one of the Russian made "new" republics. I am sorry, but the russians already made one untouchable nuke plant in Ukraine with poor design and maintenance, and now they are going to create another with their shelling? And the truth is, fallout from a nuclear disaster will fall mostly on one of those new republics. Am I wrong or is this crazy as hell? KNock down power lines if you want to stop the transmission of electricity, but shell a nuclear power plant and one that large. This is how crazy Putin has become and the people in this country and other countries who defend him are as responsible as he is for such a disaster if it happens.

When you think Putin, think Hitler. Hitler had a goal and was willing to do unspeakable things to achieve it, Putin has the same mindset. He has a history of using extreme methods and he appears willing to do so again. Peoples lives do not matter. You cannot reason with him, he understands strength and power. He preys on the weak, Hello Joe. I had a nice debate over breakfast with a group of old friends during a trip several weeks back the question was, what will Putin do, what is he planning. I said, taking Ukraine and then as much of the old USSR as he can. I was aware of some of his declarations in the past. My buddies said they thought he was bluffing. They now owe me breakfast next time I go visit.
Point really is how did our leaders miss this so badly? They supposedly get the best information. Notice I didn't say intelligence. Joe makes terrible decisions, his advisers have terrible histories of doing dumb sh--.

The Russians are shelling Europe's largest nuclear plant in Western Ukraine, near the border of one of the Russian made "new" republics. I am sorry, but the russians already made one untouchable nuke plant in Ukraine with poor design and maintenance, and now they are going to create another with their shelling? And the truth is, fallout from a nuclear disaster will fall mostly on one of those new republics. Am I wrong or is this crazy as hell? KNock down power lines if you want to stop the transmission of electricity, but shell a nuclear power plant and one that large. This is how crazy Putin has become and the people in this country and other countries who defend him are as responsible as he is for such a disaster if it happens.
That's just flat out retarded.

What...we have not heard from the forum Russia-cons and Trumplicans yet??? Waiting for Tucker talking points that won't be coming maybe?

It will be fine. No one is shelling the reactors.

It was shells that started the fire. Artillery is not a very precise instrument. Somebody is still firing what looks like 20mm rounds at the plant.

Nothing Russia ever does around nuclear can be asserted to be FINE.

When you think Putin, think Hitler. Hitler had a goal and was willing to do unspeakable things to achieve it, Putin has the same mindset. He has a history of using extreme methods and he appears willing to do so again. Peoples lives do not matter. You cannot reason with him, he understands strength and power. He preys on the weak, Hello Joe. I had a nice debate over breakfast with a group of old friends during a trip several weeks back the question was, what will Putin do, what is he planning. I said, taking Ukraine and then as much of the old USSR as he can. I was aware of some of his declarations in the past. My buddies said they thought he was bluffing. They now owe me breakfast next time I go visit.
Point really is how did our leaders miss this so badly? They supposedly get the best information. Notice I didn't say intelligence. Joe makes terrible decisions, his advisers have terrible histories of doing dumb sh--.
What on earth are you talking about?
You, like me, understand Putin but just want was anyone supposed to do?
Joe has been text book perfect. Tough as nails without any provocation.
What is it you think our agencies missed? Fact is, they have been outstanding.

just heard that they started a fire at the plant which could cause the cooling system to go down if not put out. Once the cooling system goes, it is nuclear hell right behind. With the shelling, the fire fighters are having a hard time getting to the plant.

There are laws around war at nuclear plants. Russia is breaking them. Further pushing Russia into the status of a lawless, rogue nation. Putin is burning bridges, which is dangerous for a nuclear power, much less the one with six thousand weapons.

What...we have not heard from the forum Russia-cons and Trumplicans yet??? Waiting for Tucker talking points that won't be coming maybe?
the hell are you talking about? I think we should do more to stop him

There are laws around war at nuclear plants. Russia is breaking them. Further pushing Russia into the status of a lawless, rogue nation. Putin is burning bridges, which is dangerous for a nuclear power, much less the one with six thousand weapons.
I hope its realized that if he truly has gone insane with megalomania, at some point, we are going to have to actually stand up to him with our nuclear arsenal.

The Chernobyl disaster is a prime reason the USSR "melted down", to coin a pun. Also one of the reasons for the intense Ukraine hostility. Does Vlad really want a repeat?

By not opposing the aggression, we are supporting it. This is another problem with installing Biden in the White House.

Reactions: JBG
Back
Top Bottom