• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Every TIDE identified terrorist who, post 9/11, acted in the US is an American citizen

Xelor

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The main terror watch list, known as Terrorist Identities Datamart Environment (TIDE), consists of some 1.6 million people with suspected ties to terrorism. Every lethal act of Islamic jihadist terrorism in the United States since 9/11 has been carried out by an American citizen or legal resident. (The rate falls to 84% if one includes 9/11 and pre-9/11 lethal jihadist attacks.)

Indeed, even the anti-immigration CIS, along with multiple other organizations -- the State Dept., CATO Institute, and DHS -- knows it and says so.

If the border wall is supposed to ameliorate the issue of terrorism, it's pretty simple: It won't.

The main terror watch list, known as Terrorist Identities Datamart Environment (TIDE), consists of some 1.6 million people with suspected ties to terrorism. Every lethal act of Islamic jihadist terrorism in the United States since 9/11 has been carried out by an American citizen or legal resident. (The rate falls to 84% if one includes 9/11 and pre-9/11 lethal jihadist attacks.)

Indeed, even the anti-immigration CIS, along with multiple other organizations -- the State Dept., CATO Institute, and DHS -- knows it and says so.

If the border wall is supposed to ameliorate the issue of terrorism, it's pretty simple: It won't.

"(The rate falls to 84% if one includes 9/11 and pre-9/11 lethal jihadist attacks.)"

I was curious, was the 9/11 attack 1 terror incident or 4 or 13? Doesn't matter much, just would make a difference in the statistical analysis. I couldn't find a reference in the report.

"(The rate falls to 84% if one includes 9/11 and pre-9/11 lethal jihadist attacks.)"

I was curious, was the 9/11 attack 1 terror incident or 4 or 13? Doesn't matter much, just would make a difference in the statistical analysis. I couldn't find a reference in the report.

The report doesn't directly expose that detail. I had to look up the named individuals noted in the 16% section of the image to confirm what distinguished them from the 84%.

The only note of that is found in the paragraph ahead of the interactive image: "every jihadist who conducted a lethal attack inside the United States since 9/11 was a citizen or legal resident."

Red:
It doesn't, for the data I noted, matter at all. The metrics pertain to persons not incidents. 9/11 is, in that presentation, nothing other than a temporal delineator.

Last edited:
The report doesn't directly expose that detail. I had to look up the named individuals noted in the 16% section of the image to confirm what distinguished them from the 84%.

The only note of that is found in the paragraph ahead of the interactive image: "every jihadist who conducted a lethal attack inside the United States since 9/11 was a citizen or legal resident."

Yeah, that's what I got.
Doesn't matter, like I said, just a detail Actually, it's almost like that 9/11 attack needs to be treated as an anomaly and taken out of the equation.

Yeah, that's what I got.
Doesn't matter, like I said, just a detail Actually, it's almost like that 9/11 attack needs to be treated as an anomaly and taken out of the equation.

The data in the referenced chart pertains to persons, not events. 9/11 is merely a temporal delineator, not a tabulated data point.

Back
Top Bottom