• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Every teen age boy's dream study!

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Mowing the lawn can be injurious to youngsters, report finds | Fox News

Now the article mentions injuries to kids as young as three and I'm not sure who allows their kid that young to run a lawn mower. I mean, at that age I could barely reach the handle of our Dennis the Menace model. I did, however, have to pull weeds and use the grass shears around the fence posts.

Now the article mentions injuries to kids as young as three and I'm not sure who allows their kid that young to run a lawn mower. I mean, at that age I could barely reach the handle of our Dennis the Menace model. I did, however, have to pull weeds and use the grass shears around the fence posts.

Also could be the PTB don't really want those jobs taken away from the landscaping companies.

My Dad had a riding mower and I remember mowing the grass when I was so little I had to slide down off the seat to push the pedal down. First grade probably.

Any kid older than about 12 who gets hurt with a lawnmower probably shouldn't be allowed to use scissors either.

Personally I'd give them an old school push-reel mower to use. Might as well do something good for the environment and get some real exercise while they're at it.

I thought judging by the title that this was going to be a spin-off of the boob thread.

Any kid older than about 12 who gets hurt with a lawnmower probably shouldn't be allowed to use scissors either.

Personally I'd give them an old school push-reel mower to use. Might as well do something good for the environment and get some real exercise while they're at it.

I used to have one of those. Made summer money when I was young. It never broke down, just had to keep the blades sharp.

Hah. I actually wanted to mow the lawn when I was a kid. It was a machine that cut things if you ran over them. Who could resit? My father obliged.

The study, at the University of Tennessee in Memphis, used data from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission to identify patients age 20 and younger treated for mowing-related injuries between 2004 and 2013. The commission collects data from approximately 100 emergency departments to produce national estimates. The data were compared with an earlier review of pediatric mowing-related injuries from 1990 to 2004.

I've noticed a growing trend of including 18-20 year olds into studies that are supposed to be talking about kids. Why the hell is that? You're an adult at 18 in our society. Doing a study about kids while including adults in that study skews the numbers and is completely dishonest.

Ugh! Grass shears. Thanks for reminding me.

Before the invention of the weed-eater, I had to trim the edge of the whole yard. There were edgers, likely used in the upper-class neighborhoods. My Dad said "why would I need an edger when I have you?"

"I've got blisters on my fingers" -R. Starr

Sounds like mostly dumb parents to me. Who gives a little kid a motorized lawn mower? I used a push-mower when I was little.

Back
Top Bottom