• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Every Soldier a Hero? Hardly. -Opinion piece from retired Lt. Colonel.

ok. so you want to know how i feel about soldiers? fine i will tell you.

I find that many people salute soldiers for being "heroes" and that many soldiers feel that they are badasses and what they are doing is for this nation to protect it from evil. However, too many times have i seen a soldier who was a racist and just overall a truly despicable individual. these people fight not for good but for evil. we are not fighting an enemy like that if nazi germany anymore. instead we have have been very counter-intuitive with our foreign policy that only encourages for there to be terrrorists and that is not something that a good nation does, it is what an evil nation does. our path has been lost and we need to seriously look at ourselves and reconsider what we are doing. too many soldiers do not care for killing and that is something very frightening. but i can understand why so many soldiers are idiots. if they had studied in school and put more effort perhaps they could have gone to college and be someone and unfortuantely there are some who join because it is the only way they can go to university and become someone. but overall the vast majority of soldiers are not good people and they are ****ing despicable and they do not represent me. i would never support a soldier in these circumstances that we are facing.

Truly amazing. :roll:

I totally agree with the premise of the article. I see first hand about how these people think they are entitled to everything because they served their country. If only all of you knew how much waste your tax dollars go to this issue. If you only knew.

Maybe you should enlighten us?

Back
Top Bottom