• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets at s

Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

Fine, my opinion is that you're opinion is worthless garbage, hyperbolic crap that is likely formed through, if not your own bias, the bias of your "respected" sources. Most LEO's are not bullies, are not corrupt, and while not possibly in the same line of danger as those in worse off countries like mexico still aren't in an entirely "safe" job. Even though many may not have the day to day likihood of dealing with gangs or investigating a homocide, and maybe have to spend their time doing traffic stops, that is still far from a "safe" situation. Individuals try to run over cops, individuals have been known to assult cops who pull them over, and other such things. Are there LEO's that are perhaps cowards, or bullies, or corrupt? Absolutely. But I believe its ridiculous hyperbole and ignorance to suggest that its a "majority" of them. My opinion of course is formed from own experience and from what I hear from people I respect. And it is formed by an opinion that is completely neutral with little biases unlike yourself. I can say that because you've given no more proof of your "neutrality" or "little bias" than I, and while you seem to be of an opinion that my lack of bias is BS you should do well knowing the feeling is mutural.

You are such a snake. You insinuate ideology/statements/opinion that I do not hold and call me names. Shame that a person like you is a mod. I did not call all cops corrupt, I did not say all cops have a safe job. And I for one do not have a patriotic belief that the nations finest are its cops, politicians, armed forces like many sheep believe. Those who believe the nation's greatest people are all serving as LEO, army are fools. And it a big tragedy because they are jobs and they are completely dependent on tax money for income. Basically what I am trying to say is that cops here are praised WAY TOO MUCH for having a safe job and for many being abusive a-holes.

Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

What do police officers having a dangerous job have to do with your post?

Nothing, just like yours. To tell you the truth, it's pretty self-explanatory if you notice the quote above my post. It's called a response to what someone replied to when they quoted me.

The truth of the matter is that most LEO are corrupt and abusive towards those incapable of defending themselves. Most LEOs are bullies.

I guess what I am trying to say is that while not all cops are bad, I can see through the bs.

your crap contradicts itself.

You need to not speak on matters of which you have no experience.

I used to be a cop, and I walked into dangerous situations almost every day. My county isn't even a big-city county, and yet my life was in danger on several occasions. I was expected to willingly put myself in danger for the sake of my duty and those under my protection, and I did so, and my buddies on third shift did so, and I resent the implication that we didn't.

The Supreme Court ruled that LE is not liable for the safety of the individual citizen. The reason for that ruling was so that EVERY person in the country who gets robbed or hurt couldn't sue LE for damages for not being there when the person needed them. This was necessary: in this sue-happy society, can you imagine the gazillions in damages?

That doesn't mean we are not expected and required to take risks in the line of duty. We do, and sometimes we are injured or killed trying to protect people and get the scumbags.

That's great you were a cop, but I don't care. Just like you don't care about the number of fires I put out.

Police are not required to put themselves in harms way. If they were, they would never wait and call for backup.

Also, that isn't the case I am talking about. If LE were liable for our safety we would cease to live freely.

Walk a mile in their shoes before you whine about it. Or, STFU.

OK! Star trek warrior.

wow...way to address your whinnyness...I am in awe.
Look at your sig before you speak....or write, whatever. That is part of many people's problem they are hypocrites.

Look at your sig before you speak....or write, whatever. That is part of many people's problem they are hypocrites.

Obviously, humor is lost on you, or you'd regocnize where I paraphrased that from.

Seriously though... until you've been a cop, done their job, you have little room to talk about how they are all thugs, bullies, corrupt and in no danger whatsoever in their job.

Here... because you need one...

CLUE-Classic-ss-1.jpg

Obviously, humor is lost on you, or you'd regocnize where I paraphrased that from.

Seriously though... until you've been a cop, done their job, you have little room to talk about how they are all thugs, bullies, corrupt and in no danger whatsoever in their job.

Here... because you need one...

CLUE-Classic-ss-1.jpg

obviously having a brain is lost in you. I never said all I said many. Big difference sadly you cannot see that because you have no brain.

You are such a snake. You insinuate ideology/statements/opinion that I do not hold and call me names. Shame that a person like you is a mod.

What names did I call you? The only name calling I see is you calling me a snake. What ideology or statements was I insinuating you hold? That you think the majority of cops are cowards or bullies?

Gray_Fox_86 said:
The truth of the matter is that most LEO are corrupt and abusive towards those incapable of defending themselves. Most LEOs are bullies.

That you think most Cops don't have a dangerous job?

Gray_Fox_86 said:
The majority of police do not do anything dangerous

Seriously, what things did I imply you believed that you didn't state?

Gray_Fox_86 said:
I did not call all cops corrupt, I did not say all cops have a safe job.

Nope, you said "most" and "majority" are corrupt and have safe jobs. Which is why I said MOST, not all, are not those things despite you presenting it as that. I never said you said ALL cops were those things, but nice strawman.

Gray_Fox_86 said:
And I for one do not have a patriotic belief that the nations finest are its cops, politicians, armed forces like many sheep believe.

Good for you. I'm sure you feel so much better than those "sheep" who dare not to think exactly like you.

Gray_Fox_86 said:
Those who believe the nation's greatest people are all serving as LEO, army are fools.

Weren't you just complaining about people calling people names?

Gray_Fox_86 said:
Basically what I am trying to say is that cops here are praised WAY TOO MUCH for having a safe job and for many being abusive a-holes.

No, that may be what you're saying now. what you were saying was that MOST cops are corrupt, abusive, bullies.

Last edited:

And when you realize that you're hopelessly outmanned, outgunned, and outnumbered. It's like sending a fricking girl scout troop to fight the local army. That only works in Canada.

I don't even think that's the real problem. It's easy to understand a cop not wanting to stick his neck out, if he's 99% sure that when the fit hits the shan that there won't be any backup. And let's say he does win a gun fight, kills a couple bad guys, takes a few more into custody. He still can't expect any support from the government.

It's formed from own experience and from what I hear from people I respect. Its not being bitchy it is about being honest. The majority of police do not do anything dangerous and the worse of neighborhoods in the US are nothing comparable to a bad-but not the worst-neighborhood in Mexico.

I agree.

The truth of the matter is that most LEO are corrupt and abusive towards those incapable of defending themselves. Most LEOs are bullies. And it is formed by an opinion that is completely neutral with little biases unlike yourself. I guess what I am trying to say is that while not all cops are bad, I can see through the bs. That cops use to prosecute you and that people use to defend their actions. When the cops should probably punished for their actions but get away with it because they are the "law". Sleep well at night because ze cops are protecting you from evil speeders and bad cholesteral.

I couldn't disagree more. I've been ticketed a number of times. Drawn on once. Stopped for suspicion of a DUI. Never arrested. And, each and every single time, I have been treated with respect. That's my anecdotal evidence. They enjoy their jobs. They're well paid. They're willing to go forward when others are falling back. Are they heroes? Well, we use that term too loosely. But they are admirable for the careers they've chosen. Their uniform, without doubt, deserves respect. People who have problems with authority often hold your views.

I couldn't disagree more. I've been ticketed a number of times. Drawn on once. Stopped for suspicion of a DUI. Never arrested. And, each and every single time, I have been treated with respect. That's my anecdotal evidence. They enjoy their jobs. They're well paid. They're willing to go forward when others are falling back. Are they heroes? Well, we use that term too loosely. But they are admirable for the careers they've chosen. Their uniform, without doubt, deserves respect. People who have problems with authority often hold your views.

Well chances are that you are older. So they treat you better. When I was in the car with my mom, the officer who pulled her over was nice and respectful, professional basically. But when I have gotten pulled over they normally talk in a very aggressive belittling manner. They try to get me to admit guilt and when that does not work they start to raise their voices. Honestly I feel that their pusuit of fighting crime should be put elsewhere.

In my experience, LE rarely goes after the dangerous types. Instead they have to set up special task forces. Because most LEO's are cowards who would rather go after dangerous speeders because they bring in more revenue then a robber/murderer who will not be able to afford being bailed out. So yeah LEO's are typically not going after scumbags unless you believe someone going 60mph in a 40mph road is a dangerous criminal. Then I would ask you to get your head examined.

I'm sorry that you've had bad experiences with law enforcement. It happens. Yes, there are some bad cops. They are the ones people remember and talk about.

Are there problems with they way LE is tasked and deployed in present-day America? I'd say yes. For one thing I think far too much time is wasted worrying about trivia like marijuana possession. For another I think police powers have been increased far too much in the name of the War on Some Drugs.

However, your characterization of cops as cowards is grossly inaccurate. I could fill pages and pages with anecdotes about officers I worked with doing courageous things. Out of a couple hundred cops I've known personally, I've only known one who was a coward, and two or three who were definitely bullies.

Cops are people, and like any other group of people there are the good, the mediocre, and the suck. In my experience there's more good than mediocre, and the truly unfit are not so common as you imply.

If you have a problem with the laws officers enforce, talk to your politicians. If you have a problem with the way officers engage in stops and searches, talk to a judge (they set most of the parameters cops work with in that regard).

You obviously have a strong resentment against authority and those who enforce the law. This is not unusual... Americans more than most other people don't like being told what to do, or questioned or detained. That's fine too... we should always stand up for our rights. For example, I NEVER consent to a search... but I decline politely. I've been out of the LE biz for a dozen years, and yeah I've been stopped and questioned several times about one thing or another. Most of my LE encounters were not bad experiences; a lot of times the attitude you encounter in the cop will be a mirror of the attitude you exhibit towards them in the first moments of the stop.

Your assertions that the majority of cops are bullies and cowards is based on second- and third-hand heresay and a few unpleasant traffic stops or sensationalized news stories. My assertions are based on having done it for several years, having known hundreds of LEO's and dealt with many both as an LE and as a private citizen. I'll let the readers decide who they think is more credible.

Moderator's Warning:
Gray_Fox_86 is now banned from this thread

Lets see, Just this week, starting on Sunday....

Sergeant Timothy Prunty | Shreveport Police Department, Louisiana
Police Officer Christopher A. Wilson | San Diego Police Department, California

Thats not counting the ones killed in crashes while on duty this week.

Thats also not counting the guy shot and killed in Puerto Rico (which might as well be a half a U.S. State) on Tuesday.
Lieutenant Jose A. Cordova-Montañez | Puerto Rico Police Department, Puerto Rico

Out of the 136 line of duty deaths so far this year

2 were from Assaults
47 from Gunfire
4 were killed from automobile crashes that occurred during the pursuit of fleeing suspects
12 were killed by vehicular assaults, in that a person willfully struck the police officer (not to be confused with accidentally being struck by a vehicle).

And this one particularly pisses me off
Trooper Marc Castellano | New Jersey State Police, New Jersey
Trooper died because some stupid bitch was too cowardly to just take responsibility for her actions and had to lie about a person with a gun making her do what she did, which created a search of a non-existent gunman, where this officer was accidentally hit by a car during a search for an imaginary person. All because a dumb bitch couldn't just say, "I did it!"

Nice to see that drug prohibition is working exactly as intended: crime and violence are down, and people are doing fewer drugs than when we first enacted these policies. A resounding success on all fronts!

Don't pay any attention to stories like these. The cartels kill anyone that stands in their way because drugs are bad, not because the world has an endless supply of evil mother-****ers willing to kill for the insanely huge profits created by our prohibition policies.

Nice to see that drug prohibition is working exactly as intended: crime and violence are down, and people are doing fewer drugs than when we first enacted these policies. A resounding success on all fronts!

Don't pay any attention to stories like these. The cartels kill anyone that stands in their way because drugs are bad, not because the world has an endless supply of evil mother-****ers willing to kill for the insanely huge profits created by our prohibition policies.

If it wasn't drugs then it would be something else.

You obviously don't know how the Supreme Court ruled on this subject. Also, I have yet to find a dangerous area in Omaha. Of course I am also the white guy that gets pulled over and asked what I am doing in this part of town at 4 in the morning.

I've worked with your gang cops in Omaha. I doubt that your perceptions on this issue are based on anything except dumb luck and stupid bravado.

But, just to test your theory, I'd like you to start spending more time, late at night, in the neighborhoods around the projects at 40th and Maple. Report back to us in a few weeks if you haven't been robbed/shot.

Is Omaha the worst place in the U.S.? Nope. But Omaha has had rough areas and gang problems for a long, damn time.

Last edited:

I've worked with your gang cops in Omaha. I doubt that your perceptions on this issue are based on anything except dumb luck and stupid bravado.

But, just to test your theory, I'd like you to start spending more time, late at night, in the neighborhoods around the projects at 40th and Maple. Report back to us in a few weeks if you haven't been robbed/shot.

There are dangeous pocket area's all over the place. Tree streets (seemingly) tend to attract the unseemly types for some reason. I was on call to do work out in Toledo Ohio, outside type stuff last year. I was in training and knew jack about Toledo but was told by the supervisors to be on guard on the NorthEastern part of town in the tree streets --- Cherry, Locust, Elm and Walnut - and that they had a code if things were getting hairy in the area, to call into dispatch and claim my GPS batteries were dead. That was code for that part of town saying you weren't going to be making any repairs on that ticket in that area that day. Low and behold, I was told this in New Haven CT at the training facility and that day, down the street there was a drive by shooting and 2 died 1 injured about 100 yards from where I was. I didn't think the outskirts of Yale University were that dangerous, but they are and apparently have been for a while.

I'm sure it's a different story, when you know that the government is probably rootin' for the cartels.

The government is not rooting for the cartels.

They just haven't found anything that works against them yet.

I don't even think that's the real problem. It's easy to understand a cop not wanting to stick his neck out, if he's 99% sure that when the fit hits the shan that there won't be any backup. And let's say he does win a gun fight, kills a couple bad guys, takes a few more into custody. He still can't expect any support from the government.

The problem is that the cops, especially in small towns, are not trained very well nor are they paid a decent living.

Why would they out their whole families life in danger for a job?

Would any of you?

Well chances are that you are older. So they treat you better. When I was in the car with my mom, the officer who pulled her over was nice and respectful, professional basically. But when I have gotten pulled over they normally talk in a very aggressive belittling manner. They try to get me to admit guilt and when that does not work they start to raise their voices. Honestly I feel that their pusuit of fighting crime should be put elsewhere.

When a cop pulls you over hand them your license and registration, oh yes and your insurance.

You don't talk to cops.

Let him do what he wants and it will be handled in the courts and if he did anything wrong go file a complaint with IA.

If you don't give him ammunition, he has nothing to fight with.

You do not fight with officers of the law, even though they think they are, they are not the last word on anything.

Back
Top Bottom