• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets at s

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Didn't they sign up to be cops which requires occasionally putting yourself in harms way?

Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack
Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets at station
Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack - World news - Americas - Focus on Mexico - msnbc.com

MEXICO CITY — The entire police force of a small northern Mexican town quit after gunmen attacked their recently inaugurated headquarters, according to local reports on Wednesday.

Los Ramones Mayor Santos Salinas said nobody was injured in Monday night's attack, during which gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets at the building's facade, according to Noroeste newspaper's website. Six grenades, of which three detonated, were also flung at the building, the newspaper reported.

"Fortunately, those who were inside the building threw themselves on the ground and nobody was hurt," Salinas told the newspaper.

All 14 members of the force reportedly resigned Tuesday. Nobody answered the phones at Salinas' offices, according to The Associated Press.

Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

Not that kind of harm. Mexico's government needs to get some mean ass mofo's with some big automatic weapons, tanks and helo's and go clean house. I'm talking whupass on an epic scale. They cannot leave this **** to the local cops - these guys best skill is taking bribes for traffic infractions. The cartels need to be exterminated - and until that happens, this is just going to get worse.

Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

Didn't they sign up to be cops which requires occasionally putting yourself in harms way?

Yes, but we're talking about a level of violence that almost makes Tikrit look like a cakewalk.

These cartels are the people who target the families of police and politicians who oppose them, and chop up women and children with machetes or tie them inside stacks of rubber tires then set them on fire. Shooting up the police station was probably their idea of a "Friendly warning".

Mexico's government needs to get some mean ass mofo's with some big automatic weapons, tanks and helo's and go clean house

Yes. That.

There is no place in America that a cop is required to put themselves in harms way. So why should there be in Mexico when the criminals are probably going to kill you should they get the desire.

Why dont they give up we can all become criminals and live like fatcats!

It's not that simple. Some regions of Mexico are completely controlled by the cartels, who make law enforcement an offer: silver or lead...take the money and become corrupt, or die.

It's one thing to risk dying. It's another thing to face certain death.

There is no place in America that a cop is required to put themselves in harms way. So why should there be in Mexico when the criminals are probably going to kill you should they get the desire.

You clearly don't know much about this subject, and aren't familiar with the risks involved in policing some major cities in the U.S. I work with guys who put themselves in harm's way on a daily basis. Even in Omaha, there are some dangerous areas/jobs.

Your post is beyond stupid.

I'm sure it's a different story, when you know that the government is probably rootin' for the cartels.

This pretty well says it all.

As of December 31, 2009 120................................................................................As of

October 25, 2010 132

Law Enforcement Line of Duty Deaths - Officer Down

I'm sure it's a different story, when you know that the government is probably rootin' for the cartels.

And when you realize that you're hopelessly outmanned, outgunned, and outnumbered. It's like sending a fricking girl scout troop to fight the local army. That only works in Canada.

As of December 31, 2009 120................................................................................As of

October 25, 2010 132

Thanks for that, Donc. Even if you exclude the car accidents and other injuries, quite a few cops are shot annually, and if you look at the list, not all of those incidents occurred in big cities (though it looks like Chicago and Phoenix had a bad year this year).

You clearly don't know much about this subject, and aren't familiar with the risks involved in policing some major cities in the U.S. I work with guys who put themselves in harm's way on a daily basis. Even in Omaha, there are some dangerous areas/jobs.

You obviously don't know how the Supreme Court ruled on this subject. Also, I have yet to find a dangerous area in Omaha. Of course I am also the white guy that gets pulled over and asked what I am doing in this part of town at 4 in the morning.

So if my post is stupid, yours must be retarded.

October 25, 2010 132

Sorry, but that says nothing that is germane to my statement. Police are not required to put themselves in harms way. They have a choice.

Ha! "To occasionally put yourself in harm's WAY???" I'm quite sure they didn't sign up to go into a war zone. I don't blame them in the least. They were undoubtedly out-gunned and out-manned. Ya' know, they may not be formally saying that Mexico is in a civil war, but I sure think that's what it is. Where's their army?

Look for them to ask for help from the U.S. some time soon . . . OMG.

Come on, this is an unprecedented assault on police headquarters. The closest thing we might equate to this happenstance was in Los Angeles, I think, when police responded to a robbery in progress and the criminals were armed with assault rifles and body armor. And even then the police were out in the open and able to retreat if they needed to, not being held virtually hostage.

Assault on Precinct 13 was just a movie.

You know.... KNOW that the US will have to help and WE will pay for all of this. We will have dead soldiers on mexican ground even though mexico constantly slaps us in the face with their crap.

You obviously don't know how the Supreme Court ruled on this subject. Also, I have yet to find a dangerous area in Omaha. Of course I am also the white guy that gets pulled over and asked what I am doing in this part of town at 4 in the morning.

So if my post is stupid, yours must be retarded.

What do police officers having a dangerous job have to do with your post?

Sorry, but that says nothing that is germane to my statement. Police are not required to put themselves in harms way. They have a choice.

You need to not speak on matters of which you have no experience.

I used to be a cop, and I walked into dangerous situations almost every day. My county isn't even a big-city county, and yet my life was in danger on several occasions. I was expected to willingly put myself in danger for the sake of my duty and those under my protection, and I did so, and my buddies on third shift did so, and I resent the implication that we didn't.

The Supreme Court ruled that LE is not liable for the safety of the individual citizen. The reason for that ruling was so that EVERY person in the country who gets robbed or hurt couldn't sue LE for damages for not being there when the person needed them. This was necessary: in this sue-happy society, can you imagine the gazillions in damages?

That doesn't mean we are not expected and required to take risks in the line of duty. We do, and sometimes we are injured or killed trying to protect people and get the scumbags.

October 25, 2010 132

lol, these just go to show how safe being a police officer is. Most were killed by vehicles or somethiing related to that. And being hit by a train? LMAO. 132 is not bad seeing as to how roughly 40-60 were done by cars/trains/accidents. There is simply nothing in the states that compares to what is going on in Mexico. USA cops are spoiled they never have to risk their lives while on the job. Those stats prove it.

That doesn't mean we are not expected and required to take risks in the line of duty. We do, and sometimes we are injured or killed trying to protect people and get the scumbags.

In my experience, LE rarely goes after the dangerous types. Instead they have to set up special task forces. Because most LEO's are cowards who would rather go after dangerous speeders because they bring in more revenue then a robber/murderer who will not be able to afford being bailed out. So yeah LEO's are typically not going after scumbags unless you believe someone going 60mph in a 40mph road is a dangerous criminal. Then I would ask you to get your head examined.

In my experience, LE rarely goes after the dangerous types. Instead they have to set up special task forces. Because most LEO's are cowards who would rather go after dangerous speeders because they bring in more revenue then a robber/murderer who will not be able to afford being bailed out. So yeah LEO's are typically not going after scumbags unless you believe someone going 60mph in a 40mph road is a dangerous criminal. Then I would ask you to get your head examined.

And is you're experience formed from interacting with dozens to hundreds of LEO's over a decade or so of time, or is it based on third party heresay from friends going "yeah my buddy knows this cop that..." and your own anecdotal evidence of being bitchy about being pulled over?

Not to mention there's a crap ton of LEO's out there that have NOTHING to do with speeders.

And is you're experience formed from interacting with dozens to hundreds of LEO's over a decade or so of time, or is it based on third party heresay from friends going "yeah my buddy knows this cop that..." and your own anecdotal evidence of being bitchy about being pulled over?

Not to mention there's a crap ton of LEO's out there that have NOTHING to do with speeders.
It's formed from own experience and from what I hear from people I respect. Its not being bitchy it is about being honest. The majority of police do not do anything dangerous and the worse of neighborhoods in the US are nothing comparable to a bad-but not the worst-neighborhood in Mexico.

The truth of the matter is that most LEO are corrupt and abusive towards those incapable of defending themselves. Most LEOs are bullies. And it is formed by an opinion that is completely neutral with little biases unlike yourself. I guess what I am trying to say is that while not all cops are bad, I can see through the bs. That cops use to prosecute you and that people use to defend their actions. When the cops should probably punished for their actions but get away with it because they are the "law". Sleep well at night because ze cops are protecting you from evil speeders and bad cholesteral.

Fine, my opinion is that you're opinion is worthless garbage, hyperbolic crap that is likely formed through, if not your own bias, the bias of your "respected" sources. Most LEO's are not bullies, are not corrupt, and while not possibly in the same line of danger as those in worse off countries like mexico still aren't in an entirely "safe" job. Even though many may not have the day to day likihood of dealing with gangs or investigating a homocide, and maybe have to spend their time doing traffic stops, that is still far from a "safe" situation. Individuals try to run over cops, individuals have been known to assult cops who pull them over, and other such things. Are there LEO's that are perhaps cowards, or bullies, or corrupt? Absolutely. But I believe its ridiculous hyperbole and ignorance to suggest that its a "majority" of them. My opinion of course is formed from own experience and from what I hear from people I respect. And it is formed by an opinion that is completely neutral with little biases unlike yourself. I can say that because you've given no more proof of your "neutrality" or "little bias" than I, and while you seem to be of an opinion that my lack of bias is BS you should do well knowing the feeling is mutural.

a-team.jpg

Problem solved.

I don't blame them at all. They are outmanned, outgunned and the cartels know everything about their families. The Mexican army has to get involved hardcore and the US should probably get more involved as well. The police are local and have families to consider. The cartels know this and will kill anyone that they think will help give them a leg up. This can easily spiral into a US domestic issue as well. We share borders with Mexico. This is something that needs to be backed heavily by the US. It's multiple times more important from a US domestic standpoint than the issues going on in Afghanistan right now IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom