• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Events honoring the lives lost in the 9/11 terror attacks will look different this year. Here's how

Common Sense 1

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
A day that changed America for ever!

Events honoring the lives lost in the 9/11 terror attacks will look different this year. Here's how to watch them.

9/11 anniversary: How to watch events at NYC, DC, Flight 93 Memorial

The coronavirus pandemic has upended traditions, customs and annual events — big and small.

That includes the annual commemorations honoring the lives lost in the September 11, 2001 terror attacks. Tribute events are taking on an assortment of forms this year in light of social distancing guidelines as organizers seek unconventional ways to safely commemorate the victims.

Many local municipalities are holding virtual commemorations, while others will continue to hold in-person events with distance and mask requirements in place. Here is a list of major tributes being held throughout the United States, including New York City and the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.

New York City

New York City's annual twin lights display honoring the victims of 9/11 will still be held.

Following an announcement last month by the National September 11 Memorial & Museum that the commemoration would be cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns, New York state officials confirmed days later that it would still be held.

“This year it is especially important that we all appreciate and commemorate 9/11, the lives lost and the heroism displayed ‎as New Yorkers are once again called upon to face a common enemy,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said in a statement.

The museum, which has been shut down since March because of the coronavirus, will reopen for families on Friday; it will reopen to the general public the next day. Advance tickets are required.

Buildings throughout the city, including One World Trade Center and the Empire State Building, will also shine blue lights.

Also, the Tunnel to Towers Foundation will hold an event that will feature an in-person reading of the names of the 3,000 victims of the 9/11 attacks. It follows events in Washington, D.C. and Shanksville, Pennsylvania. Vice President Mike Pence will be in attendance and is scheduled to speak. A livestream will be available on the foundation's Facebook page.

Arlington, Virginia

Arlington, the site of the Pentagon Memorial honoring the 184 people who died in the Pentagon and on American Airlines Flight 77, will be holding a virtual event, including a moment of silence at 9:37 a.m., the minute when the plane crashed into the Pentagon.

The event will be closed to the public, but the county will host a livestream on its website.

Flight 93 National Memorial

President Donald Trump will be in attendance at the Flight 93 memorial for a private event. Trump and Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt will make remarks, The Tribune-Democrat of Johnstown reported.

We will never forget when a poorly run Republican city allowed almost 3000 Americans to die, with NO answer to those who perpetrated this crime.

A day that changed America for ever!

Events honoring the lives lost in the 9/11 terror attacks will look different this year. Here's how to watch them.

9/11 anniversary: How to watch events at NYC, DC, Flight 93 Memorial

The coronavirus pandemic has upended traditions, customs and annual events — big and small.

That includes the annual commemorations honoring the lives lost in the September 11, 2001 terror attacks. Tribute events are taking on an assortment of forms this year in light of social distancing guidelines as organizers seek unconventional ways to safely commemorate the victims.

Many local municipalities are holding virtual commemorations, while others will continue to hold in-person events with distance and mask requirements in place. Here is a list of major tributes being held throughout the United States, including New York City and the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.

New York City

New York City's annual twin lights display honoring the victims of 9/11 will still be held.

Following an announcement last month by the National September 11 Memorial & Museum that the commemoration would be cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns, New York state officials confirmed days later that it would still be held.

“This year it is especially important that we all appreciate and commemorate 9/11, the lives lost and the heroism displayed ‎as New Yorkers are once again called upon to face a common enemy,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said in a statement.

The museum, which has been shut down since March because of the coronavirus, will reopen for families on Friday; it will reopen to the general public the next day. Advance tickets are required.

Buildings throughout the city, including One World Trade Center and the Empire State Building, will also shine blue lights.

Also, the Tunnel to Towers Foundation will hold an event that will feature an in-person reading of the names of the 3,000 victims of the 9/11 attacks. It follows events in Washington, D.C. and Shanksville, Pennsylvania. Vice President Mike Pence will be in attendance and is scheduled to speak. A livestream will be available on the foundation's Facebook page.

Arlington, Virginia

Arlington, the site of the Pentagon Memorial honoring the 184 people who died in the Pentagon and on American Airlines Flight 77, will be holding a virtual event, including a moment of silence at 9:37 a.m., the minute when the plane crashed into the Pentagon.

The event will be closed to the public, but the county will host a livestream on its website.

Flight 93 National Memorial

President Donald Trump will be in attendance at the Flight 93 memorial for a private event. Trump and Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt will make remarks, The Tribune-Democrat of Johnstown reported.
Thanks for sharing this. It’s been a long time and thankfully nothing like it has happened since and hopefully nothing like it will ever happen like it again. May all those who died Rest In Peace and the family of them find comfort and peace as we remember this day.

Hopefully, on this day each year, all Americans of every political stance can be gracious enough to leave out partisan insults and remember the victims.

It was horrific beyond words.

I just saw a video showing someone jumping out a window to his death.

I cannot even begin to understand the sheer terror in people who were in the buildings as they fell.

President Bush was right to send forces to find the mastermind behind this atrocity. And President Obama deserves credit for the criminal finally being made to pay for the crime.

All the survivors should be given all the medical care that they need for the rest of their lives.

Hopefully, on this day each year, all Americans of every political stance can be gracious enough to leave out partisan insults and remember the victims.

It was horrific beyond words.

I just saw a video showing someone jumping out a window to his death.

I cannot even begin to understand the sheer terror in people who were in the buildings as they fell.

President Bush was right to send forces to find the mastermind behind this atrocity. And President Obama deserves credit for the criminal finally being made to pay for the crime.

All the survivors should be given all the medical care that they need for the rest of their lives.

How much credit do we give to the guy who called in to a radio show on 9/11 to brag that he now owned the tallest building in Manhattan?

How much credit do we give to the guy who called in to a radio show on 9/11 to brag that he now owned the tallest building in Manhattan?

This is the first time that I have heard that accusation.

During the last four years, we have all heard so many stories about "the guy" that have proved to be false.

Have a nice day!

Thanks for sharing this. It’s been a long time and thankfully nothing like it has happened since and hopefully nothing like it will ever happen like it again. May all those who died Rest In Peace and the family of them find comfort and peace as we remember this day.
I thought someone, anyone, might say...... it's to be this year....the truth! How about justice for those murdered on 9/11, how about justice for the families, instead of partisan politics?

I thought someone, anyone, might say...... it's to be this year....the truth! How about justice for those murdered on 9/11, how about justice for the families, instead of partisan politics?

Oh look, the CTer is back babbling about “the truth”.

Hate to break it to you but we know “the truth” and have for years. As for justice, Osama Bin Laden was hunted down and killed, and his movement has lost vast numbers of leaders, men and material.

Justice was served cold in a Pakistani compound...

Courtesy of Seal Team Six.

Oh look, the CTer is back babbling about “the truth”.

Hate to break it to you but we know “the truth” and have for years. As for justice, Osama Bin Laden was hunted down and killed, and his movement has lost vast numbers of leaders, men and material.
Oh my god, do you actually believe this nonsense? Really, you have seen for yourself the "different" bin laden's you know, the best friends of the Bush family! Buried at sea, nope, I don't believe in fairies regardless of who's telling the fairy story. The towers just fell down, turned into dust...... never happened before, will never happen again, and you don't question anything? Oooh.... and building seven..... just fell down.... ooops and a Boeing 747 just folded itself up into a seven foot ball, when the engines themselves were 9 feet tall in circumference.... aye, pull the other leg, it has bells on it! Justice, one may notice isn't served by cretins, or Zionist judges. But the American victims of 9/11 deserve justice not government rhetoric, which demands ridicule for its propagation of sponsored lies.

Justice was served cold in a Pakistani compound...

Courtesy of Seal Team Six.
Goodness me, crawling up behind, as usual, my German friend, supporting the Israel line..... why not try changing tact, and at least make out you have at least one American bone in your body, that's not made of rubber.

Rah rah rah...... what a smell of bull!

Oh my god, do you actually believe this nonsense? Really, you have seen for yourself the "different" bin laden's you know, the best friends of the Bush family! Buried at sea, nope, I don't believe in fairies regardless of who's telling the fairy story. The towers just fell down, turned into dust...... never happened before, will never happen again, and you don't question anything? Oooh.... and building seven..... just fell down.... ooops and a Boeing 747 just folded itself up into a seven foot ball, when the engines themselves were 9 feet tall in circumference.... aye, pull the other leg, it has bells on it! Justice, one may notice isn't served by cretins, or Zionist judges. But the American victims of 9/11 deserve justice not government rhetoric, which demands ridicule for its propagation of sponsored lies.

Oh look, anti semitic ravings and rantings from the CTer, complete with nonsense about Bin Laden being "the Bush family's best friends".

You certainly do believe in fairy stories, as your latest unhinged rant shows.

Oh look, anti semitic ravings and rantings from the CTer, complete with nonsense about Bin Laden being "the Bush family's best friends".

You certainly do believe in fairy stories, as your latest unhinged rant shows.
Simple, what happened when all fights were grounded? On 9/11? Who were on the only flight, that flew out of the good ol' USA? Waiting!
Instead of you lot crying foul, and hiding from the facts, reply, and show your superior intellect, put me in my place...... or crawl back into that dark place where you all belong.

We will never forget when a poorly run Republican city allowed almost 3000 Americans to die, with NO answer to those who perpetrated this crime.
It has nothing to do with state administration, it was deep state who murdered Americans....... and no one seems to be interested in that fact, or wishes to investigate there murder, be it republican or democrats....... surely that tells you the state of justice in America..... and that foreign and domestic terrorist own you. And shamefully..... owned for many years...... but just look at those who told you, JFK assassinated, Robert Kennedy, assassinated..... even they didn't get justice. USS Liberty? Iraqs WMDs. Chemical weapons in Syria...... lie after lie! But then, who owns your press!
Aye....... how easy is it to attack the messengers....... or how difficult it is to think for ones self?

It has nothing to do with state administration, it was deep state who murdered Americans....... and no one seems to be interested in that fact, or wishes to investigate there murder, be it republican or democrats....... surely that tells you the state of justice in America..... and that foreign and domestic terrorist own you. And shamefully..... owned for many years...... but just look at those who told you, JFK assassinated, Robert Kennedy, assassinated..... even they didn't get justice. USS Liberty? Iraqs WMDs. Chemical weapons in Syria...... lie after lie! But then, who owns your press!
Aye....... how easy is it to attack the messengers....... or think for ones self?

Go on...

Simple, what happened when all fights were grounded? On 9/11? Who were on the only flight, that flew out of the good ol' USA? Waiting!
Instead of you lot crying foul, and hiding from the facts, reply, and show your superior intellect, put me in my place...... or crawl back into that dark place where you all belong.

"All fights were grounded"? What, do they not speak English in the "Highlands"?

I've already "put you in your place" numerous times. CTers like you simply aren't capable of grasping reality.....and you wouldn't know a fact if one bit you in the ass.

What do you mean? A discussion is two sided, at least ask a question or contradict me! I can support my assumptions, but those facts I've stated are freely available to everyone, who hasn't a predilection to forward the same propaganda agenda.

What do you mean? A discussion is two sided, at least ask a question or contradict me! I can support my assumptions, but those facts I've stated are freely available to everyone, who hasn't a predilection to forward the same propaganda agenda.

There is literally nothing posted for me to argue with.

I've already "put you in your place" numerous times. CTers like you simply aren't capable of grasping reality.....and you wouldn't know a fact if one bit you in the ass.

In the immediate aftermath of the attacks, when no one was being allowed in or out of the United States, many members of the bin Laden family in America were spirited home to Saudi Arabia. The revival of defence spending that followed greatly increased the value of the Carlyle Group’s investments in defence companies.

The Carlyle Group is embroiled with the defense and intelligence establishment. “It is widely regarded as an extension of the US government, or at least the National Security Agency, the CIA, and the Pentagon.” (The Economist June 26, 2003)

The bin laden family were flown out..... by guess who?

Then

Then you can support my assumptions, with a post and further the discussion!

I could, I guess. If I diidn’t find the conclusions completely insane.

In the immediate aftermath of the attacks, when no one was being allowed in or out of the United States, many members of the bin Laden family in America were spirited home to Saudi Arabia. The revival of defence spending that followed greatly increased the value of the Carlyle Group’s investments in defence companies.

The Carlyle Group is embroiled with the defense and intelligence establishment. “It is widely regarded as an extension of the US government, or at least the National Security Agency, the CIA, and the Pentagon.” (The Economist June 26, 2003)

The bin laden family were flown out..... by guess who?

Who cares? Your post is totally irrelevant and has absolutely nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks. It certainly isn't evidence of any sort of supposed "connection".

Mmm...... doesn't feel like you have the ability to know or understand a mans responsibility to his own, but with the behaviour of a sheep or as a sheep, you are second to none, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom