• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Even when I was an atheist, I was still pro-life.

Try saying that to pro-life women then. Try saying that to Live Action which is run by almost all women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Abby Johnson herself advocates for one vote per family and says that if married people don't agree, biblically the man should get to decide so yes, she's for at least subjugation of women to a small degree.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

You are not using logic, you are using convenience as an excuse to murder.

Its not murder if it is not against the law. Murder is specifically unlawful killing. A killing can be unjustigied without being murder.

You have no right to tell a women what to do with her own body. Stop claiming you do.
Why are you telling me, a prochoice woman, who didn't say anything in that post about preventing a woman from doing something with her body, this? What part of that even implied a woman didn't get the choice?

Why are you telling me, a prochoice woman, who didn't say anything in that post about preventing a woman from doing something with her body, this? What part of that even implied a woman didn't get the choice?

oops Sorry....My bad.

Abby Johnson herself advocates for one vote per family and says that if married people don't agree, biblically the man should get to decide so yes, she's for at least subjugation of women to a small degree.

Which means she is talking "how to attack a woman's civil and constitutional rights" 101 (aka, the world according to biblical nonsense peddlers). If she thinks women are going to accept this kind of women rights hating nonsense, this lady has no clue about what women think.

Leftists seem to lump all atheists as well as many minorities as all believing the same thing. Both heterosexuality and homosexuality are behaviors (yes in each you behave a certain way), but heterosexuality is the only kind that can procreate.

Only women can bear children but plenty of gays have families. This is the 21st century you know.

Which means she is talking "how to attack a woman's civil and constitutional rights" 101 (aka, the world according to biblical nonsense peddlers). If she thinks women are going to accept this kind of women rights hating nonsense, this lady has no clue about what women think.
She has serious issues. And it seems to be based on nothing more than a petty need to get back at past employer/coworkers and financial gain.

Leftists seem to lump all atheists as well as many minorities as all believing the same thing. Both heterosexuality and homosexuality are behaviors (yes in each you behave a certain way), but heterosexuality is the only kind that can procreate.

No, sexuality is not a behavior. Sexuality is part of personality, attraction. Acting on your attractions or even lack of is behavior.

Still isn’t her body, so that’s an excuse.

We know for a fact it’s not your body.

Abby Johnson is not a liar. You just don’t like her because she doesn’t go with your agenda. As for “ every child a wanted child”, well there’s adoption. And adoption should be free.

Adoption is wrong and should never be encouraged. It should be very expensive.

Flabby Abby lies almost every time she opens her big fat pie hole.

you don’t have to be “religious” to be pro-life.

Fine, but you must have a reason. What's yours, and what exactly do you mean by "pro-life."

They're living human beings. They don't deserve to be MURDERED.

I didnt ask for your opinion. You didnt answer the question:

What (moral or legal) authority says that the unborn have rights? Or at least, what authority that Americans are obligated to follow?​

What authority says that the unborn human being has a right to life?

Even in the first trimester, when they try and suck the baby out with that instrument, the baby tries to resist and fight back.

Source this please. It's BS. Abortion that early consists of flushing the womb with a saline solution, and the bean-sized or smaller unborn feels and is aware of nothing.

Abby Johnson (former Planned Parenthood director) didn't become pro-life for nothing. She's actually now a huge opponent of Planned Parenthood. I honestly feel sorry for you since you're pro-abortion, considering where people will end up if they pass away with such views. I hope your views change someday for your sake.

Yes, this woman who resigned just before being fired has been completely debunked and seems to be the sole source for anyone that tries your line of argument. Sorry, she's not a credible source.

So, please answer my original question?

What (moral or legal) authority says that the unborn have rights? Or at least, what authority that Americans are obligated to follow?​

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

It's a separate human life and it deserves to live.

Great, that is your personal view and you can choose to never have an abortion, but luckily that is not what the law or common sense says.

It is other people's business when someone is committing MURDER. Once a conception happens, it's reproduced. If you don't want to reproduce, don't conceive.

Once again...'who says?'

What authority that Americans are obligated to follow?

Murder is a legal term and does not apply to abortion, obviously, or women would go to jail for having the procedure. Murder only applies to persons.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Look at the thread that I just posted that liberal Ivy League university Princeton says that life begins at fertilization. I posted two links.

So? Again, who says that the unborn life has a right to life?

Not science, science recognizes no rights, not for any animals. Science is objective, it applies no value to anything, value is subjective.

And rights are a man-made concept so again, science has nothing to do with it. As I wrote earlier, if you wish to restrict or end abortion, you need to make a legal argument.

The body inside her body is not her body!

Sure it is. It's inside the woman, it is part of her body. So only the woman who is pregnant has the right to make the choice of whether or not to continue the pregnancy.

I also said it’s not her body. So you are just giving an excuse.

Yes, you did say that. But here's the thing, people can disagree with what you say, myself included. So to me, your statement is belief, not fact.

As an Atheist, I don't believe in an afterlife. To me THIS life is all I have, and therefore very precious.

I view other peoples lives in the same way...

They're living human beings. They don't deserve to be MURDERED. Even in the first trimester, when they try and suck the baby out with that instrument, the baby tries to resist and fight back. Abby Johnson (former Planned Parenthood director) didn't become pro-life for nothing. She's actually now a huge opponent of Planned Parenthood. I honestly feel sorry for you since you're pro-abortion, considering where people will end up if they pass away with such views. I hope your views change someday for your sake.

All of which merits nothing more than a huge so what. I couldn't care less what Abby Johnson has to say, about Planned Parenthood or anything else. She's not even a remotely "credible" person in my book.

Abby Johnson is not a liar.

She is to me. And, I believe, to many other people as well. Using her as some kind of "source" doesn't make her arguments convincing...or credible.

Back
Top Bottom