• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Even when I was an atheist, I was still pro-life.

That again is nonsense. The portion women have control about is the decisions having to do with her BODY integrity DURING the pregnancy, not before the pregnancy and not after the pregnancy. And I m not looking at thins the way I believe they should be but at the way it NOW is.

Men are not walking away from a system, they are idiotic morons who try to walk away from their responsibility, both financial and as a co-parent because they are jackasses who have no issue knocking a woman up but then when it comes to their responsibility they are not doing what they are supposed to do.

And the single mother problem is more of a US problem as child care is costly, men are not financially living up to their responsibility.
Calling these men 'idiotic morons' doesn't change what's happened in the culture. The fact is that when women claim they are 100% in control of their bodies it stops being a mutual responsibility, as it once was.

I'm responsible man and would be the child's father for life, and suspect you are the same. But if I'm involved in a more serious relationship it won't be with a woman who claims a 100% responsibility for her body. It is a shared relationship with shared responsibilities and then deep discussions should a pregnancy occur. When a man is excluded from the decision making process, coupled with 'it's her body, her decision, and her responsibility' argument, a cultural shift occurs. and that has already happened.

Nope. And thankfully, only she gets to make the decision whether or not to stay pregnant, and not the man.
And by ignoring the man in the decision making process we have millions of women raising children on their own - and these children often wind up in the prison system. Creating a child involves two people and the responsibility should be shared.

If a woman gets pregnant she has 3 choices

1. Have the child
2. Abortion
3. Adoption

If she says I don't want to be a parent she should have the right to 2 or 3.

If the father does not want to be a parent he has no choices. He should at least be able to choose to not he a parent and that means financially too.

So "screw the child" is your message? Ridiculous, the man has to pay for the child he fathered.

And by ignoring the man in the decision making process we have millions of women raising children on their own - and these children often wind up in the prison system. Creating a child involves two people and the responsibility should be shared.
The single mother issue that you believe is creating criminals was instituted by Republicans fearful that any aid to a poor family would result in the husband quitting work, staying home, guzzling beer, watching the TV and living off the welfare check. To prevent this Republican imagined scenario from happening they passed the Johnson aid to families bill only to families headed by women with no males living in the home. Look it up. Single mothers are the result of Republican legislation stupidity.

Calling these men 'idiotic morons' doesn't change what's happened in the culture. The fact is that when women claim they are 100% in control of their bodies it stops being a mutual responsibility, as it once was.

I'm responsible man and would be the child's father for life, and suspect you are the same. But if I'm involved in a more serious relationship it won't be with a woman who claims a 100% responsibility for her body. It is a shared relationship with shared responsibilities and then deep discussions should a pregnancy occur. When a man is excluded from the decision making process, coupled with 'it's her body, her decision, and her responsibility' argument, a cultural shift occurs. and that has already happened.

Well they are idiotic morons so they get called for waht they are. And what happens in the culture is that moronic men think that as soon as they knock up a woman it no longer is their problem, and thank goodness the courts see this differently (as should any competent law in a country).

And it is nonsense to claim that because women have the right to have an abortion men are no longer responsible for the child they fathered.

And this is not about 100% responsibility, this is about the 100% right of all people to get to decide what medically happens in and to their bodies. To claim that because men cannot decide about a woman's body it is OK for men not to pay for their children, I think that is just nonsensical because this is not about the woman, this is about the child that comes from that relationship (however short it may be).

I also thought homosexuality was unnatural as well. I even believed in capitalist things like a flat tax. I could keep going on. So don’t assume that all atheists are leftists. Look at Penn Jillette, for crying out loud. But since this is an abortion section, like I said, you don’t have to be “religious” to be pro-life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww, how cute is it to believe in 'capitalist things'....

The Bible promotes abortion

And here we have it - bitterness toward women who have sex.

And here we have it. Another liar expressing her lie.

What is it about bearing responsibility for ones actions that you fail to be able to comprehend? Do you also support the idea that a woman can cry "rape" even up to the point of ejaculation by the male simply by saying "no"? Do you support the idea that the man should be held responsible financially yet have no say in the raising of the child, or the pregnancy?

And this is not about 100% responsibility, this is about the 100% right of all people to get to decide what medically happens in and to their bodies. To claim that because men cannot decide about a woman's body it is OK for men not to pay for their children, I think that is just nonsensical because this is not about the woman, this is about the child that comes from that relationship (however short it may be).

And thus the iedea that a woman has any responsibility in the decision, or the consequences thereof, to have sex is dumped. And the idea that it is about the child which may, or may not, be killed at the whim of the woman is also bull shit.

And thus the iedea that a woman has any responsibility in the decision, or the consequences thereof, to have sex is dumped. And the idea that it is about the child which may, or may not, be killed at the whim of the woman is also bull shit.

The woman is only responsible for her medical choices, and it is only about the child when a woman chooses not to have an abortion. Because she has the right to freedom of choice, and one of those choices is abortion, but that is only one of them and if a woman does not want to have an abortion the man who fathered the child has to pay some of the expenses for the child.

The issue of the woman having 100% responsibility for abortion didn't arise because of a break down in the relationship of men and women over child bearing. Guttmacher (I think) says that almost all relationships are still built mutual respect and caring. The issue of responsibility arose because conservative Christians wanted to take that responsibility away from women and deny them the right to make a decision (with and without a partner)

Well they are idiotic morons so they get called for waht they are. And what happens in the culture is that moronic men think that as soon as they knock up a woman it no longer is their problem, and thank goodness the courts see this differently (as should any competent law in a country).

And it is nonsense to claim that because women have the right to have an abortion men are no longer responsible for the child they fathered.

Far from saying it is 'OK' for men to ignore their responsibilities I said you and I would accept our responsibilities, as would most men. However we cannot ignore the cultural changes which have taken place, roughly, since the advent of 'the pill'. This was intended to 'liberate' women so they could also enjoy a sex life without the fear of pregnancy. And indeed they did become 'liberated' but, unwittingly, so did men.

Taking the pill became the woman's responsibility, which makes sense if she is 100% responsible for her body, and many men simply accepted this. We now can see the social consequences of this change in 'responsible' behavior..The evidence is before us.

The woman is only responsible for her medical choices, and it is only about the child when a woman chooses not to have an abortion. Because she has the right to freedom of choice, and one of those choices is abortion, but that is only one of them and if a woman does not want to have an abortion the man who fathered the child has to pay some of the expenses for the child.

Why should the man be held responsible for the decision of the woman over which he has no control?

Why should the woman have a choice AFTER she becomes pregnant, and not BEFORE?

The issue of the woman having 100% responsibility for abortion didn't arise because of a break down in the relationship of men and women over child bearing. Guttmacher (I think) says that almost all relationships are still built mutual respect and caring. The issue of responsibility arose because conservative Christians wanted to take that responsibility away from women and deny them the right to make a decision (with and without a partner)
The key here is "almost" all and the continuing changes in that "almost" number. It makes his observation meaningless. I'm not sure it is 'Conservative Christians" who are at fault with any of these cultural changes though, in many parts of the world, they were as inhumane and ignorant about women's rights as we see in many areas of the third world today.

So "screw the child" is your message? Ridiculous, the man has to pay for the child he fathered.
The woman has a choice if notified in the first trimester. If she wants out she has that right

If he wants out she should take it or accept responsibility

And here we have it. Another liar expressing her lie.

What is it about bearing responsibility for ones actions that you fail to be able to comprehend? Do you also support the idea that a woman can cry "rape" even up to the point of ejaculation by the male simply by saying "no"? Do you support the idea that the man should be held responsible financially yet have no say in the raising of the child, or the pregnancy?

What do you call it when you complain about women "spreading their legs"?

If the woman says no and the man doesn't stop, then yes, it is rape.

The man has no say in the pregnancy because it's not his body at risk of complications.

Why not give the man a choice too?

What do you call it when you complain about women "spreading their legs"?

A natural fact unless you think it can be accomplished without doing so. I guess one could do it "doggy style".

If the woman says no and the man doesn't stop, then yes, it is rape.

Even when she allows it to occur to the point of ejaculation? How convenient.

The man has no say in the pregnancy because it's not his body at risk of complications.

If she fears the complications then why is she having sex? Or are you saying women are too stupid to know of these complications, or too immoral to care?

So women have the freedom of choice but men don't? This is the often overlooked flaw in this 'responsibility' question and most men, and many women, understand or sense the ultimate unfairness in such a system and simply walk away from it. Again, the evidence is before us and the question of choice and responsibility should be revisited.

And you don't have to be a "leftist" to support a woman having control of her own body.
If you call the baby her body, sure. But that is not true at all. My youngest daughter is pregnant and fights hard to keep her baby. Do not ask her to abort it or she will harm you.

If you call the baby her body, sure. But that is not true at all. My youngest daughter is pregnant and fights hard to keep her baby. Do not ask her to abort it or she will harm you.
May your daughters pregnancy be successful and the hoped for and planned for child be a joy. Why would you even think anyone would wish an abortion on a pregnancy everyone is looking forward to? Pro-choice means everyone chooses the course of action that best suits their needs and hopes and those of their family.

The woman has a choice if notified in the first trimester. If she wants out she has that right

If he wants out she should take it or accept responsibility

You mean she has the right to make her own medical decisions, damned right. But that does not take away from the man's responsibility for the child's future.

You mean she has the right to make her own medical decisions, damned right. But that does not take away from the man's responsibility for the child's future.
She has the right to make her own financial decisions too.

So should the man

That is pro choice

Even that would be inaccurate since the only connection to her body is the umbilical cord.

Why not give the man a choice too?

Well, as this is a medical decision, the only medical decision the man could make is a vasectomy if he does not want to run the risk of children.

Also, the man is not pregnant and cannot make a medical choice about the pregnancy.

Well, as this is a medical decision, the only medical decision the man could make is a vasectomy if he does not want to run the risk of children.

Also, the man is not pregnant and cannot make a medical choice about the pregnancy.
She may make any decision she wants.

That is choice

So may the man

That is choice

Back
Top Bottom