• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Even though LBJ had a 1964 Civil Rights bill, he was still an incredible racist...

eman926

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Okay, yes I know that I haven't posted on these boards in a little over a month. I was taking a break from message boards. The other message board that I spend a lot of time on too, satelliteguys.us, I haven't posted on for a while either (my username there is "edisonprime"). So it's not just because of politics. By the way, I posted a while ago that liberals interrupt a lot during discussions and debates; but I will admit that Trump interrupted WAY TOO MUCH during the first presidential and was out of line. I want you guys to know that I can be fair. He did much better the other night, I believe.

Anyways, going by what I'm posting about this particular thread... I posted a while ago here that LBJ was a racist. I even posted the quote that LBJ stated, "I'll have them n*****s voting Democratic for the next 200 years." The liberals here didn't acknowledge that. I will post the left-wing channel, MSNBC, with it's website, that while credits LBJ as a civil rights hero, also points out that he was a racist. As I stated before, you can't just go by one piece of legislation, or one vote, but look at their entire political record. People can and DO lie to put on a false image sometimes. Anyways, here's the link...

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/lyndon-johnson-civil-rights-racism-msna305591

I'd post the actual article in this post as well, but there's a character limit, so just go ahead and click the link. It really isn't that long despite that....

Okay, yes I know that I haven't posted on these boards in a little over a month. I was taking a break from message boards. The other message board that I spend a lot of time on too, satelliteguys.us, I haven't posted on for a while either (my username there is "edisonprime"). So it's not just because of politics. By the way, I posted a while ago that liberals interrupt a lot during discussions and debates; but I will admit that Trump interrupted WAY TOO MUCH during the first presidential and was out of line. I want you guys to know that I can be fair. He did much better the other night, I believe.

Anyways, going by what I'm posting about this particular thread... I posted a while ago here that LBJ was a racist. I even posted the quote that LBJ stated, "I'll have them n*****s voting Democratic for the next 200 years." The liberals here didn't acknowledge that. I will post the left-wing channel, MSNBC, with it's website, that while credits LBJ as a civil rights hero, also points out that he was a racist. As I stated before, you can't just go by one piece of legislation, or one vote, but look at their entire political record. People can and DO lie to put on a false image sometimes. Anyways, here's the link...

I'd post the actual article in this post as well, but there's a character limit, so just go ahead and click the link. It really isn't that long despite that....
Hi. Are you going to stick around and address the responses you get? Because you have a history of posting threads and then abandoning them, after people take the time to respond.

It goes back more than a month, considerably. But welcome back!

Hi. Are you going to stick around and address the responses you get? Because you have a history of posting threads and then abandoning them, after people take the time to respond.

I would, but I think since it's been so long that I want to start fresh again. But if you want to go back and revive it yourself, feel free to.

Thanx for welcoming me back, BTW.

A lot of people were racist in 1964.

LBJ did more for blacks than anyone prior and since.

A lot of people were racist in 1964.

LBJ did more for blacks than anyone prior and since.

In the 20th Century, I'd probably go with Eisenhower (who enforced much desegregation), and yes Nixon (he did start Affirmative Action, which was a good policy in its beginning, though not anymore).

LBJ also got the Voting Rights Act of 1965 through the overwhelmingly Democratic Party Congress that was elected in 1964 when LBJ promised to "finish the job" JFK started.

Then 5 racist judges on the Supreme Court gutted it. Each of 'em put there by a Republican potus.

And to the cheers of the PutinTrump Rowers.

I would, but I think since it's been so long that I want to start fresh again. But if you want to go back and revive it yourself, feel free to.
At least 2 of them are still going and people do quote you.

At least 2 of them are still going and people do quote you.
Fair enough, but I’ve moved on from some old threads.

LBJ also got the Voting Rights Act of 1965 through the overwhelmingly Democratic Party Congress that was elected in 1964 when LBJ promised to "finish the job" JFK started.

Then 5 racist judges on the Supreme Court gutted it. Each of 'em put there by a Republican potus.

And to the cheers of the PutinTrump Rowers.
Actually more Republicans than Democrats voted FOR the Civil Rights Act.

Even though LBJ had a 1964 Civil Rights bill, he was still an incredible racist...

The underlined seems a bit bombastic to me. But OK. Lincoln was not exactly clean in the racial bias category either. So your point is WHAT??????

The underlined seems a bit bombastic to me. But OK. Lincoln was not exactly clean in the racial bias category either. So your point is WHAT??????
When I talked about LBJ being a segregationist and racist a while back, most posters here that are on the left didn’t believe me.

When did LBJ die? Why should we care what he thought? He also said that the Democrats have lost the South for a generation. What did he mean by that? LBJ signed the Civil Rights amendment to honor JFK's wishes. As far as his civil rights record that is all that counts anyway.

When I talked about LBJ being a segregationist and racist a while back, most posters here that are on the left didn’t believe me.

Nixon was also a huge racist.....and Ronald Reagan too.

Reagan's description of Tanzanian delegates as "monkeys" still not comfortable wearing Western clothes, most notably shoes, offers a substantive illustration of what civil rights activists long alleged was a pattern of Reagan's anti-black racism, both as governor of California and President of the United States.
Nixon, whose own enmity towards African Americans helped propel him to the White House as the coded champion of "law and order," used Reagan's words on the call to offer his own distaste for African leaders who dared challenge the West on geopolitical matters.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/31/opinions/reagan-nixon-racist-phone-call-joseph/index.html

LBJ worked with Martin Luther King.

LBJ was the most powerful politician we ever had.

After taking office, he won passage of a major tax cut, the Clean Air Act, and the Civil Rights Act of 1964. After the 1964 election, Johnson passed even more sweeping reforms. The Social Security Amendments of 1965 created two government-run healthcare programs, Medicare and Medicaid.

If he was that much of a racist, would he have gotten the Civil Rights Act passed?

And many blacks were helped by his "War on Poverty" programs.

LBJ worked with Martin Luther King.

LBJ was the most powerful politician we ever had.

After taking office, he won passage of a major tax cut, the Clean Air Act, and the Civil Rights Act of 1964. After the 1964 election, Johnson passed even more sweeping reforms. The Social Security Amendments of 1965 created two government-run healthcare programs, Medicare and Medicaid.

If he was that much of a racist, would he have gotten the Civil Rights Act passed?

And many blacks were helped by his "War on Poverty" programs.

And contributed to a increasing percentage of fatherless homes, and intergenerational welfare in poor communities.

Never been much fan of Napalm Johnson.

Actually more Republicans than Democrats voted FOR the Civil Rights Act.

I know it well because I remember it.

Indeed after Nixon's Southern Strategy with Sen. Strom Thurmod of SC all the Democrats who voted against it became Republicans and have since become PutinTrumpRowers in the Congress. These Republicans of the former Confederacy are busy these dayze being the support base of Trump to Make America Russia Instead. You went for it and you failed.

True many past Presidents have been racists, at least by todays standards, but if while being so they still help minorities then we can live with it. Heck Biden has said things in the past that says we still have a long way to go, and trump when asked about having the talk with ones child about how the world really is, or what he would do about race relations he talks about more law enforcement, and yet he has done a few things that helped minorities. So until America changes more towards actually believing All Men and Women are created Equal instead of mouthing the words we have to learn to accept what we can get to further progress.

I was living in Texas at that time. I had even spent some time at a camp across the river from LBJ's ranch. LBJ was a typical southern politico, but actually saw the writing on the wall. He actually went against his own party to get those bills passed and thus lost the South to the GOP who then went to their Southern strategy which included the famous "state's rights" issue. That issue was that the states themselves should decide on whether to integrate or allow blacks to vote. It seems with voter suppression being pushed by the GOP, we are headed back in that direction.

Fair enough, but I’ve moved on from some old threads.
If you look thru the threads, you never returned to address your OP, period. And there were many people that continued to address your points...pro and con.

Boy, talk about beating a dead horse over and over again.

I was living in Texas at that time. I had even spent some time at a camp across the river from LBJ's ranch. LBJ was a typical southern politico, but actually saw the writing on the wall. He actually went against his own party to get those bills passed and thus lost the South to the GOP who then went to their Southern strategy which included the famous "state's rights" issue. That issue was that the states themselves should decide on whether to integrate or allow blacks to vote. It seems with voter suppression being pushed by the GOP, we are headed back in that direction.

Well, went against part of his party. The Democratic Party opened federal jobs to Blacks under FDR, integrated the military under Truman, and proposed a civil rights plank at their 1948 convention that caused southerners who eventually became Republicans, like Strom Thurmond to walk out. .

Back
Top Bottom