• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Even the republicans think Hillary will win in a landslide

Turin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Insiders: Clinton would crush Trump in November - POLITICO

Added a Florida Republican, who like all participants was granted anonymity in order to speak freely, “Trump is grinding the GOP to a stub. He couldn't find enough xenophobic, angry white Floridians to beat Hillary in Florida if he tried.”

This piece was written in April and more are onboard. i am curious how many republicans are supporting her over Trump.

She is a centrist.

This piece was written in April and more are onboard. i am curious how many republicans are supporting her over Trump.

She is a centrist.

1. Politico was ranked as being one of the most liberal sources for news in the American media, by the Washington Post. They ranked just shy of Al Jazeera in a poll of news sites preferred by people who identify as "liberal".

2. You can say anything you want and attribute it to an 'anonymous' Republican, since he'll never be found.

1. Politico was ranked as being one of the most liberal sources for news in the American media, by the Washington Post. They ranked just shy of Al Jazeera in a poll of news sites preferred by people who identify as "liberal".

Err... did you even read what you wrote? A poll of news sites preferred by people.. that does not show bias for **** sake.. All it shows is habit, and nothing about bias. I prefer to each day to check Drudge Report.. does that make me a far right wack job? Of course not, but that is my habit for years. I also check Americanblog, does that make me a gay left winger? Of course not.

She is a centrist.

I doubt most republicans are going ooh I ****en hate Trump so I'll vote Clinton.Just like Sanders supporters who can't stand Clinton they might vote 3rd party, leave that part of the ballot blank or just stay home. But they won't vote for the opposing party's pick just because they can't stand their party's pick.

I think Trump got the party's nominee because of rat ****ing by the other party.He did well in states that allow open primaries and in closed primary states democrats switched parties and voted for Trump.I think open primaries need to be banned and you can't switch parties from when candidates first announce they are running all the way until the primaries are over.That would eliminate a lot of that rat ****ing.

Err... did you even read what you wrote? A poll of news sites preferred by people.. that does not show bias for **** sake.. All it shows is habit, and nothing about bias. I prefer to each day to check Drudge Report.. does that make me a far right wack job? Of course not, but that is my habit for years. I also check Americanblog, does that make me a gay left winger? Of course not.

Politico has a liberal slant
Drudge has a conservative slant
Can't comment about Americanblog as I've never been there.

Any Dem has an advantage because of the Electoral Votes.

And after the GOP's lose in 2012 every expert, including Republican experts hired by the Republican Party, said for the GOP to win in 2016 they had to make nice with Hispanics and women, especially the younger women voters. Trump hasn't made nice with either, actually he's made it worse.

He's going to have a very uphill battle to win in November.

I doubt most republicans are going ooh I ****en hate Trump so I'll vote Clinton.Just like Sanders supporters who can't stand Clinton they might vote 3rd party, leave that part of the ballot blank or just stay home. But they won't vote for the opposing party's pick just because they can't stand their party's pick.

I think Trump got the party's nominee because of rat ****ing by the other party.He did well in states that allow open primaries and in closed primary states democrats switched parties and voted for Trump.I think open primaries need to be banned and you can't switch parties from when candidates first announce they are running all the way until the primaries are over.That would eliminate a lot of that rat ****ing.

I am just making certain I understand you . are you saying you think Dems voted for Trump in open primaries so the republicans would have a poor nominee?

The US is now 43% independent. If closed primaries were banned, people could actually vote for candidates they like rather than be shafted with the candidates the parties pick for them.

And yes, I see your problem, but honestly I envy it. I wish the democratic party still believed in democracy. It's devolved into nothing more than a quasi-social-left and mostly-economic-right elite playground that puts megadonor interests before constituents more than the republican party ever seems to have. The republican party having the ethics to accept Trump because he was the voters' choice despite him clearly not being a strong candidate, or even probably a wise candidate, shows that the republican party still believes in the right of the people to self-determination. With the democrats it's just a big **** you to anyone who isn't on board. Because of this election, I'm much more likely to be a registered republican in the future than a registered democrat.

Last edited:
Interesting.

Hmmmmm....

Bernie Sanders did well in open primaries too, if memory serves me correctly. I bet all those GOP voters voted for him hoping to squash Hillary.

Makes sense I suppose.

View attachment 67202777

The US is now 43% independent. If closed primaries were banned, people could actually vote for candidates they like rather than be shafted with the candidates the parties pick for them.

And yes, I see your problem, but honestly I envy it. I wish the democratic party still believed in democracy. It's devolved into nothing more than a quasi-social-left and mostly-economic-right elite playground that puts megadonor interests before constituents more than the republican party ever seems to have. The republican party having the ethics to accept Trump because he was the voters' choice despite him clearly not being a strong candidate, or even probably a wise candidate, shows that the republican party still believes in the right of the people to self-determination. With the democrats it's just a big **** you to anyone who isn't on board. Because of this election, I'm much more likely to be a registered republican in the future than a registered democrat.

What is the source of the delusion among Bernie diehards that he won more open primaries than Hillary (he didn't) or that he got more votes than she did (not even close!)?

I'm genuinely curious. She's clearly the voters' choice yet Camp Bernie has spent months claiming it intends to try and get the super delegates to overturn the clear will of the people. And yet on you guys go with these self-righteous rants.

I'm genuinely curious. She's clearly the voters' choice
She's not the voters' choice. She's the democrats' choice. If Democrats weren't so afraid of her proving not to be the voters' choice, they wouldn't have sabotaged Bernie's chances every chance they got, including going so far as to scrap all voter registration drives during the primary, despite voter registration generally being the democrats' only chance to win elections. While this is going on, the majority of the democratic party did nothing to question **** like when the few debates that were actually scheduled were on weekends and holidays, or when DWS and NGP-VAN deliberately cut access to the voter database on a false narrative, or when Bill Clinton showed up at Massachusetts polling places, or ****, even the fact that Hillary Clinton is under criminal investigation which no one outside the democratic bubble is under any delusion that she's innocent. Maybe my favorite is when Arizona proved election fraud in Hillary's favor and democrats still said nothing. Maybe instead it's when the Nevada convention was deliberately thrown to the dogs, enforced with state police, and then later covered up with another false narrative supported by Barbara Boxer, which the media later had to retract. Oh, I know, maybe it's this latest one where the Clinton campaign colluded with AP to announce her the primary winner right before the California primary. Then again worse was probably when DWS rolled back restrictions on donations from federal lobbyists--what's wrong with that, if it helps Hillary? What does it matter if Hillary runs the most organized collection of big money and super-PAC fed campaign, as long as she pays lip service to the evils of money in politics? Or I forget, has she stopped saying that yet? Throughout all of this, the number of Clinton supporters I know to have said ANYTHING, questioned ANY of it equals exactly one. The democrats have their choice. That much is obvious. Some of them fought long, hard, and dirty for it, and the rest were all see no evil because that's apparently what the party is all about.

The democrats have made their choice, and made every effort to keep outsiders out so that they could. Voters are a different matter. They will make their choice in November, and democrats may not like it.

Then again either way this election ends up, the next person to enter the white house will do so with record low ratings and zero political capital. The democrats may not like that, either, but they sure as hell made their own bed.

Last edited:
The Republican Party will provide Trump lukewarm support during the election because they don't want to alienate Trump supporters. But I would bet money that most of them want Hillary to beat Trump. Not because they like Hillary, but because 4 years of Hillary will benefit the Republican party much more than 4 years of Trump.

The Republican Party will provide Trump lukewarm support during the election because they don't want to alienate Trump supporters. But I would bet money that most of them want Hillary to beat Trump. Not because they like Hillary, but because 4 years of Hillary will benefit the Republican party much more than 4 years of Trump.
Yeah, they can agree with her quieter policies while at the same time having a public punching bag, instead of disagreeing and even fearing his policies while not being able to fight back. Hillary is the best outcome for congressional republicans.

I would say I'm glad republican voters don't think so, but I don't think anything about this election or its results could make me glad.

Last edited:

She is a centrist.

what republicans ,23% of all reg voters are republican and over half of those have left the party for trump,the democrats are not doing much better.
32% of all reg voters are democrats and half of them have left the party for trump.
the republicans that want hellary for president can vote for her she is going to need their votes.

run don run

She is a centrist.

last rcp poll I read had trump beating hillary in ohio and florida. His margin of victory was extremely thin, like florida he was one point ahead, but when I went through swing state poll I realized if the election were held today, trump would likely win the electoral college, and lose the popular vote.

Granted this far out polls are meaningless, and those same swing states will fluctuate wildy until election day.

She's not the voters' choice. She's the democrats' choice.

Yes, she is the voters' choice. She got more votes. Many of those voters were indeed Democrats. That's to be expected, given that they were competing in a Democratic primary. But even if you only look at votes cast in open contests, she still beat him 57-43.

This sore loserism and conspiracy theory spinning is getting sad at this point.

(You might also want to check your facts. E.g, the DNC is suing the state of Arizona over its electoral practices, a lawsuit both the Clinton and Sanders campaign have joined.)

Yes, she is the voters' choice. She got more votes. Many of those voters were indeed Democrats. That's to be expected, given that they were competing in a Democratic primary. But even if you only look at votes cast in open contests, she still beat him 57-43.
Absolute fiction. Bernie polls better among independents, and Clinton did better in all the closed primaries. Or do you honestly think she could have won New York or Pennsylvania if they were open primaries?

This sore loserism and conspiracy theory spinning is getting sad at this point.
See, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Anytime someone mentions any one of the litany of problems in the democratic party, Clinton loyalists always chalk it up to conspiracy theory and dismiss the entire thing. It's not like it's limited to individuals, either. The FBI has her under a criminal investigation? Must be a republican conspiracy! It's like rote dismissal of actual, real problems is suddenly part of the party platform. This article described that tendency perfectly:
Second of all, there is a real allergic reaction to truth in the Clinton camp. If Hillary had joined with Bernie and called for investigations into the many, many, many reported cases of election fraud, the political environment on the left would be drastically different. But rather than deal with the facts, the Hillary camp chose to ignore the rights of voters and describe the calls for fairness as the ravings of lunatics searching for a conspiracy.

So now that you got that out of the way and shown you're in ****ing lockstep in calling Bernie supporters crazy for complaining about election fraud, if you have nothing better then don't waste your effort.

(You might also want to check your facts. E.g, the DNC is suing the state of Arizona over its electoral practices, a lawsuit both the Clinton and Sanders campaign have joined.)
Yeah jumping on board once they got caught is really ****ing convenient after the fact. Anything else about the other debacles you want to add?

Trump has to fight to win Utah.....that should tell you something.

Yeah jumping on board once they got caught is really ****ing convenient after the fact. Anything else about the other debacles you want to add?
No, that's unreasonable for what I'm claiming. The Clinton campaign was on board once one of its supporters got caught, and they hardly could have done so before, either way. To clarify, I'm not claiming that there's some vast conspiracy controlling everything. The DNC and DWS has done quite a bit to rig the election, the Clinton campaign itself has conducted hella sketchy ****, and local officials everywhere are conducting their own little change-the-vote operations, but I don't claim that everyone is working together. What I'm accusing the democratic party of is the wholesale abandonment of its principles.

Absolute fiction. Bernie polls better among independents, and Clinton did better in all the closed primaries. Or do you honestly think she could have won New York or Pennsylvania if they were open primaries?

It's "absolute fiction" that she got more votes than he did? Or just that the 6.6 million votes she got in open contests is larger than the 5.0 million votes he did?

Get a grip. He lost. If low turnout lily white caucus states had held higher turnout primaries, he would've lost by even more (see Washington and Nebraska).

So now that you got that out of the way and shown you're in ****ing lockstep in calling Bernie supporters crazy for complaining about election fraud, if you have nothing better then don't waste your effort.

I don't think Bernie supporters are crazy, just those who think closed primaries or mail-in ballots constitute "election fraud."

Back
Top Bottom