• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Even Michael Moore Believes Trump Will Win

I think the post is misleading. I think what he is doing is trying to ensure people are motivated to Vote and not repeat the mistakes of 2016, not that he thinks Trump is a foregone conclusion. He's trying to scare people with a reality check that a Biden Victory is not guaranteed.

The Portland riots have rejuvenated the Trump campaign. Hope they continue.

Ted Wheeler telling Trump to go ef himself was perhaps the most effective in-kind contribution to the Trump 2020 campaign imaginable.

Biden is losing ground with Trump in the polls, 6 Democratic mayors from Minnesota are endorsing Trump, and now Michael Moore says this is 2016 all over again.

Michael Moore warns that Donald Trump is on course to repeat 2016 win

I wouldn't say 'even' Michael Moore: he believed Trump would win last time and he was correct. He's smart enough not to be complacent this time either. I think the rest of the Dem establishment has learned its lesson since then as well.

It is fair to say many are still hopeful that because Trump lost the popular vote and certainly will again, that he'll lose this election. But the working assumption in political circles left and right, is that he can scrape through in the EC just like last time. But it is a straw man to suggest everyone believes Trump will lose.

If he merely holds onto the territory he got in 2016, he can win. It will be harder with more people coming out to vote against him, but the GOP are also ramping up their voter suppression methods to counter that - including slowing mail voting. But one thing remains constant is Trump's base is rock-solid and won't leave his side.

I think the post is misleading. I think what he is doing is trying to ensure people are motivated to Vote and not repeat the mistakes of 2016, not that he thinks Trump is a foregone conclusion. He's trying to scare people with a reality check that a Biden Victory is not guaranteed.

Exactly. In politics there is a rule in campaigning: there are only two ways to run for office - unopposed or behind.

Moore is just trying his best to scare the living hell out of people and get them to the polls.

I just hope the left doesn't go completely off the rails with a grassy knoll scenario

Biden is losing ground with Trump in the polls, 6 Democratic mayors from Minnesota are endorsing Trump, and now Michael Moore says this is 2016 all over again.

Michael Moore warns that Donald Trump is on course to repeat 2016 win

Many people have been saying that this is nothing but 2016 all over again. Moore may be a washed up activist, but he had his finger on this same pulse last time and he was able to see how people were able to vote for Trump as well. Citing his treatment of the automobile companies, in order to bring back jobs.

The man may be biased as hell and a complete anti-trump zealot. But he's not blind.

That's not that bad of a hope. The democrats have been on that same page for a while now. Hell, have we broken night 100 yet, did I miss the block party?

I just hope the left doesn't go completely off the rails with a grassy knoll scenario

They've already tired burning people alive. I think they've already trespassed beyond that point already.

Moore is doing what any political strategist does, under-promise and then over-deliver.

Naw, riots are dangerous, destructive and harm innocent people. The sooner they stop, the better.

‘The more chaos and anarchy and vandalism and violence reigns, the better it is for the very clear choice on who’s best on public safety and law and order.’ - Kellyanne Conway

Trumpettes praying for more violence.

‘The more chaos and anarchy and vandalism and violence reigns, the better it is for the very clear choice on who’s best on public safety and law and order.’ - Kellyanne Conway

I never understood this line of thinking...This is all happening under Trump and he acted with a show of force in Portland that failed. Other than Portland ,which failed, what has Trump done?

Ted Wheeler telling Trump to go ef himself was perhaps the most effective in-kind contribution to the Trump 2020 campaign imaginable.

What strikes me the most is Wheeler's total naivete that he can just say words to rioters and they will stop. They have absolutely no intention of stopping the rioting. They don't give a **** what Wheeler says. Anarachy is what they want and it transcends both Democrats and Republicans.

I wouldn't say 'even' Michael Moore: he believed Trump would win last time and he was correct. He's smart enough not to be complacent this time either. I think the rest of the Dem establishment has learned its lesson since then as well.

It is fair to say many are still hopeful that because Trump lost the popular vote and certainly will again, that he'll lose this election. But the working assumption in political circles left and right, is that he can scrape through in the EC just like last time. But it is a straw man to suggest everyone believes Trump will lose.

If he merely holds onto the territory he got in 2016, he can win. It will be harder with more people coming out to vote against him, but the GOP are also ramping up their voter suppression methods to counter that - including slowing mail voting. But one thing remains constant is Trump's base is rock-solid and won't leave his side.

DP somewhat reflects the "Dem establishment" and many here on DP and from what I see elsewhere claim that Biden has the election all wrapped up.

Trump was trying to stop the rioting in Portland. It is the left who threw Trump out, wanting to give the rioters free reign.

I never understood this line of thinking...This is all happening under Trump and he acted with a show of force in Portland that failed. Other than Portland ,which failed, what has Trump done?

The fact that the left despises Trump so badly is proof that Trump has done a lot. I'm not going to make a list out for you because you could care less what Trump has done for the right. Of course he hasn't done anything for the left and has turned back the Obama agenda. That's what the right wanted out of him. As far as the violence in cities goes:

1. These police shootings of blacks have actually decreased under Trump than under Obama but the lefty MSM doesn't want to report that because it doesn't further their anti-Trump agenda

2. Rioting was so bad in Portland that Trump sent in the feds to defend the federal courthouse. They did not have jurisdiction for other areas. The federal courthouse was defended. But, the leftists threw out Trump's feds because they took the side of the rioters. Since the feds have left, Portland has pretty much given rioters free reign to riot.

3. 99% of the violence in these cities is lefties attacking lefties.

Trump was trying to stop the rioting in Portland.

No. No he wasn't. He was trying to inflame the riots because he thinks that will help his election.

It is the left who threw Trump out, wanting to give the rioters free reign.

The left ran off trump's private instigator army with leaf blowers after a right winger smashed the autozone store windows and set it on fire. Then a right wing boogaloo boy pulled a gun and killed two cops. So go cry harder.

No. No he wasn't. He was trying to inflame the riots because he thinks that will help his election.

The left ran off trump's private instigator army with leaf blowers. Then a right wing boogaloo boy pulled a gun and killed a cop. So go cry harder.

The rioting was already out of control in Portland. After Trump's feds were thrown out by the leftists, Portland gave rioters free reign to riot. They defend the rioters. They do absolutely nothing to stop them. I was watching Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace today and the best they could do was say that (after three months of saying nothing and not even mentioning it at the DNC) Biden called out the rioters for rioting. Really? That is Biden's solution to the violence, to call them out for their violent acts but do nothing to actually stop it?

The rioting was already out of control in Portland.

Yet another lie. It was winding down. Do you get bonus checks for each lie or something? :lol:

After Trump's feds were thrown out by the leftists, Portland gave rioters free reign to riot. They defend the rioters.

More lies.

They do absolutely nothing to stop them. I was watching Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace today and the best they could do was say that (after three months of saying nothing and not even mentioning it at the DNC) Biden called out the rioters for rioting. Really? That is Biden's solution to the violence, to call them out for their violent acts but do nothing to actually stop it?

Trump's America. Perhaps you can blame Biden for it next year if it's happening then.

Yet another lie. It was winding down. Do you get bonus checks for each lie or something? :lol:

More lies.

Trump's America. Perhaps you can blame Biden for it next year if it's happening then.

Portland has ceded control of Portland to the rioters. They offer no resistance of any kind. Their strategy is to let the rioters riot and Biden's strategy is to verbally condemn the rioters for what they do while doing absolutely nothing to stop them.

I wouldn't say "even" Michael Moore. He believed Trump would win last time and he was correct. He's smart enough not to be complacent this time either. I think the rest of the Dem establishment has learned its lesson since then as well.

It is fair to say many are still hopeful that because Trump lost the popular vote and certainly will again, that he'll lose this election. But the working assumption in political circles left and right, is that he can scrape through in the EC just like last time. But it is a strawman to suggest everyone believes Trump will lose.

The reasons so many Donald Trump haters have no fear of him winning are:

1. Overconfident voters who did not vote for Hillary Clinton learned their lesson.
2. Many people who voted for Trump in 2016 were really voting against Clinton.
3. Former Trump supporters learned their lesson land switched political parties.
4. All voters know whenever the economy crashed a Democrat brought it back.
5. Only the most ignorant voter can support a POTUS who wants people to die.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom