• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Even Liberal Tom Brokaw Says Both Sides To Blame For Shutdown

Democrats are nothing but the party of no. They only stand for anything anti-Trump. And, Brokaw even called out the new radical lefties in Congress.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...-on-trumps-offer-2019-01-22?mod=craig-stephen

Well, he wouldn't be a $80 millionaire and card holding member of the MSM without the fake BOTHSIDES! that's the staple of the genre. It really is lazy analysis, which is why guys like Brokaw do/did it. They can appear above the fray, objective, when what they're actually doing is steadfastly refusing to judge. That's fine, especially for a journalist, but saying "bothsides!" is to judge and to allocate fault, and pretty much nothing important can be allocated so dumbly and simplistically. I wish people yelling bothsides! would just start chanting gibberish, because it's no better and is no more informative than the sounds a newborn might make before her bottle.

Well, he wouldn't be a $80 millionaire and card holding member of the MSM without the fake BOTHSIDES! that's the staple of the genre. It really is lazy analysis, which is why guys like Brokaw do/did it. They can appear above the fray, objective, when what they're actually doing is steadfastly refusing to judge. That's fine, especially for a journalist, but saying "bothsides!" is to judge and to allocate fault, and pretty much nothing important can be allocated so dumbly and simplistically. I wish people yelling bothsides! would just start chanting gibberish, because it's no better and is no more informative than the sounds a newborn might make before her bottle.

What on Earth are you talking about? Since when does the MSM burn both sides of the candle?

Democrats are nothing but the party of no. They only stand for anything anti-Trump. And, Brokaw even called out the new radical lefties in Congress.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...-on-trumps-offer-2019-01-22?mod=craig-stephen

LOL, another stupid thread.

1. Tom Brokaw has never expressed a political ideology. And, more importantly, he's certainly not a "liberal" simply because some wingnuts and their conspiracy theorist bloggers out there label him as such.

2. The ugly reality for you and your ilk is that your side is getting CRUSHED for creating, and now prolonging, another government shutdown. Polls show that the VAST majority of Americans blame the GOP'ers and believe that Trump should give up his quest for the border wall (that 70% do NOT support).

CBS NEWS POLL Jan 18-21

-66% of the public believes Trump should re-open and fund the federal government without ANY funding for a wall
-71% say the border wall is not worth Trump shutting down the federal government (only 28% of all Americans believe it's worth it)
-only 35% of the public believes Trump is handling this issue better than Pelosi
-Trump's job DISAPPROVAL rating is up to 60% (approval 37%), McConnel's approval rating is 43%....meanwhile Pelosi's approval rating is 70%
-61% of the American public believes a border wall is NOT necessary for border security (only 37% believe a wall is necessary for security)

Face it, your side is getting its collect hind quarters handed to them.....again.

It's only a matter of time before President Drumpf folds like a deck of cards. He'll find some way to declare victory, of course...but everyone will understand that he's been effectively neutered for the rest of his presidency.

The majority of the people do not want a wall. So his opinion or that of others means nothing. Everyone wants more border security, period.

First of all, Brokaw didn't actually say he was for the wall. I don't really know what his opinion is on that. He called out both sides for the shutdown for being stubborn and pig headed and uncompromising and yes, that includes the Democrats. That doesn't mean Brokaw is a Trump drone. And, the left are not for border security at all. That's why they have sanctuary cities, a sanctuary state, allow illegals to have driver's licenses, give them free healthcare and other benefits, and even allow them to vote in local elections. There's just no way you can spin that into Democrats want border security.

He also said that Nixon's last year in office was better than Trump's current Presidency, was better run, more organized, and less troubling than what we have today.
A reasonable assessment.

He also said that Nixon's last year in office was better than Trump's current Presidency, was better run, more organized, and less troubling than what we have today.

I'll bet you agree with that, too. Amirite?

LOL. I'll take that as your total and complete surrender on the topic of this thread.

LOL, another stupid thread.

1. Tom Brokaw has never expressed a political ideology. And, more importantly, he's certainly not a "liberal" simply because some wingnuts and their conspiracy theorist bloggers out there label him as such.

2. The ugly reality for you and your ilk is that your side is getting CRUSHED for creating, and now prolonging, another government shutdown. Polls show that the VAST majority of Americans blame the GOP'ers and believe that Trump should give up his quest for the border wall (that 70% do NOT support).

CBS NEWS POLL Jan 18-21

-66% of the public believes Trump should re-open and fund the federal government without ANY funding for a wall
-71% say the border wall is not worth Trump shutting down the federal government (only 28% of all Americans believe it's worth it)
-only 35% of the public believes Trump is handling this issue better than Pelosi
-Trump's job DISAPPROVAL rating is up to 60% (approval 37%), McConnel's approval rating is 43%....meanwhile Pelosi's approval rating is 70%
-61% of the American public believes a border wall is NOT necessary for border security (only 37% believe a wall is necessary for security)

Face it, your side is getting its collect hind quarters handed to them.....again.

It's only a matter of time before President Drumpf folds like a deck of cards. He'll find some way to declare victory, of course...but everyone will understand that he's been effectively neutered for the rest of his presidency.

So, you're saying that if he doesn't have a political ideology then he is not prejudiced or biased at all when he calls out Democrats as well as Republicans for the government shutdown. He also calls out the radical left. This guy didn't make his living on the FOX News Network.

That's why they have sanctuary cities, a sanctuary state, allow illegals to have driver's licenses, give them free healthcare and other benefits, and even allow them to vote in local elections. There's just no way you can spin that into Democrats want border security.
And you can’t spin your misguided beliefs into reality either.

A reasonable assessment.

It is.

Nixon, for all his faults (and we know what they were), was a brilliant man who was masterful in dealing, like an adult, with foreign adversaries.

Trump....give me time and I'll think of a positive attribute.

I guess the OP is Tom Brokaw's newest fan. I predict many threads in his future sharing with us Brokaw's words of wisdom.

And you can’t spin your misguided beliefs into reality either.

I posted a link regarding Brokaw not only calling out both parties for being unreasonable but also calling out the new radical left members of Congress. That's called reality. Of course it isn't the alternate reality of your world.

Deflection noted. All you can do is spin away like a top.

Okay, I'll stay on topic.

Tom Brokaw! He's awesome! Let's see - what did he say? Okay, he said "both sides are to blame". YAY! I finally have someone in the media telling me what to think. Must think as Brokaw tells me. Like Moderate Right, who has been on pins and needles waiting for Brokaw to sort this all out.

I get it. You're a Brokaw fan. Good. Poor old man probably needs a few more since he's hardly on air any more. But he found you.

Brokow, member of the media said it. MSM has much more interest in maintaining the illusion of equal blame because it supports their desire to turn everything into a horse race. Who is winning and who is losing. Their perspective is, Lets not be responsible for giving the appearance that one side is way out ahead of the other as that does not support our ratings goals.

First of all, Brokaw didn't actually say he was for the wall. I don't really know what his opinion is on that. He called out both sides for the shutdown for being stubborn and pig headed and uncompromising and yes, that includes the Democrats. That doesn't mean Brokaw is a Trump drone. And, the left are not for border security at all. That's why they have sanctuary cities, a sanctuary state, allow illegals to have driver's licenses, give them free healthcare and other benefits, and even allow them to vote in local elections. There's just no way you can spin that into Democrats want border security.

Yes they do. Everyone does. Trump owns this shutdown. He said it himself. He won’t open the government to negotiate. it is all on him.

It is.

Nixon, for all his faults (and we know what they were), was a brilliant man who was masterful in dealing, like an adult, with foreign adversaries.
Nixon was legitimately/properly investigated and exposed. Too bad for a man who, up to that point, had a remarkable and accomplished career that included getting us out of Vietnam. All most know him for now is the Watergate investigation.

Trump....give me time and I'll think of a positive attribute.
Don’t bother, it’ll only give you headache.

I guess the OP is Tom Brokaw's newest fan. I predict many threads in his future sharing with us Brokaw's words of wisdom.
Until the next time Brokaw criticizes Trump, in about an hour or so.

I'm going to have to disagree with Mr. Brokaw here.

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/426668-mcconnell-blocks-bill-to-reopen-most-of-government?__twitter_impression=true

McConnell for the fourth time now, has blocked legislation passed by the House that would reopen and fully fund every bit of the government that is currently shut down EXCEPT the funding for DHS, which is where the dispute is over the wall. There is one, and only one side to blame for the Trump Shutdown. And it is with the leader of the Trumplican Party, and the ever-complicit Senate Majority Leader. They are willfully holding all of the rest of the shuttered parts of government hostage. And the American public, except Brokaw apparently, are rightfully by large margins blaming the ones legitimately responsible.

I posted a link regarding Brokaw not only calling out both parties for being unreasonable but also calling out the new radical left members of Congress. That's called reality. Of course it isn't the alternate reality of your world.
Get your posts straight before responding. I wasn’t referring to Brokaw’s comments, I was referring to the nonsense below that you posted.
That's why they have sanctuary cities, a sanctuary state, allow illegals to have driver's licenses, give them free healthcare and other benefits, and even allow them to vote in local elections. There's just no way you can spin that into Democrats want border security.

Back
Top Bottom