• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Even handed corruption charges in Cincinnati

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Several months ago, the US attorney for the Southern District of Ohio, David DeVillers announced federal charges against African American Democrat Tamaya Dennard: Dennard is now awaiting sentencing in front of Senior US District Judge, the Hon. Susan Dlott. Dennard was charged with accepting bribes for votes concerning development. Today, African-American Republican Jeff Pastor was also indicted by a federal grand jury under the auspices of Trump appointed US Attorney DeVillers. He too is charged with bribery concerning development projects.

Why would the reporter feel the need to point out that they were "African-American"? I mean, the crimes had nothing to do with race, did it? And it's not like they have escaped and the police need help locating them. What am I missing here?

Why would the reporter feel the need to point out that they were "African-American"? I mean, the crimes had nothing to do with race, did it? And it's not like they have escaped and the police need help locating them. What am I missing here?
the first person arrested, hired an attorney who is well known in screaming racism at the USA office and the law enforcement officers. Since it was a democrat, the liberals in the press suggested that race had to play a role. Yet, with the black Republican being busted, I haven't heard any such comments

the first person arrested, hired an attorney who is well known in screaming racism at the USA office and the law enforcement officers. Since it was a democrat, the liberals in the press suggested that race had to play a role. Yet, with the black Republican being busted, I haven't heard any such comments

Oh, I see. I didn't know all that. Thanks, Dude!

I should note that Dennard's ultimate attorney is not much of a race baiter. Rather another attorney who was prosecuted for money laundering charges suggested Dennard's prosecution was racially tainted.

White, blue book Democrat- PG Sittenfeld was indicted a couple days ago by the US attorney for another corruption scheme. This set of charges claims that Princeton graduate and marshall scholar Sittenfeld claimed he could deliver votes for money funneled to a PAC that he controls. One of his defenders claimed the charges were "Trumped up" since the US Attorney, David Devillers is a Trump appointee. Devillers is a career DOJ prosecutor and most of the hierarchy in that office is made up of Democrats.

Senior Judge Susan Dlott only gave Dennard 18 months today=less than what the DOJ prosecutors wanted. Judge Dlott claimed the lighter sentence was due to all the good that Dennard had done. Next up is Republican Jeff Pastor. I don't know who has that case-be it a Democrat like Dlott or a Republican like Mike Barrett

Back
Top Bottom