• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Even CNN is reporting the supply chain disaster

I haven't checked, but I don't think the Port of Portland is having problems. If they are, it isn't nearly as severe.
There are a lot of other ports that are not having problems because they don't have CA's screwed up laws.

That's why some big box retailers are shipping their product away from CA to other states.

There are a lot of other ports that are not having problems because they don't have CA's screwed up laws.

That's why some big box retailers are shipping their product away from CA to other states.
More bullshit posting.
It’s not CA laws.
PROVE IT. NOW I HAVE ASKED YOU TWICE.

More bullshit posting.
It’s not CA laws.
PROVE IT. NOW I HAVE ASKED YOU TWICE.
Read the thread...specifically, post #22.

You are dismissed.

When you start shelling out three times the cost for a TV or a washing machine, you'll likely change your tune. I would love to see more things made in the USA. Maybe if we train all the illegal migrants and pay them $4-6 dollars/hr, we can afford to compete with China.

Next time your bitching about illegals coming in to the US, think about that. Because no American is going to build a TV for chicken feed. It just ain't going to happen.
Why do you like funding Chinas military and contributing to their pollution of the world?

The business I am in is being hit hard by the supply crisis. We also greatly rely on trucking.

The problem isn't onerous regulations put on truckers or even diesel gas prices.

It's about the labor put in and not getting paid for it.

This time, last year, there were 50,000 more truckers on the road. Most of that 50,000 quit driving to go onto better paying jobs. The employers refused to pay them a fitting wage (or living wage as the right likes to call it). In addition to that, in my case, they refused one class of drivers (who drive domestic) the same pay as other drivers (who drive craft)...the drivers who cart craft get paid more but cart less while the domestics cart far more and get paid less. Gas for distributors is not an issue...both drivers and reps from the distributors aren't concerned about that. When drivers don't get a living wage and/or equal pay for the work they do and don't get any real, substantial benefits....they leave the jobs.

I've had one distributor go through 6 drivers on one route in the past two weeks. Every single driver complained about not getting paid as the reason.

SIDE NOTE: if you are a drinker...get ready for not being able to get the drinks of your choice from stores in the near future; the situation has gotten to a bad point. Be prepared to try different brands as the brands you are used to will not be consistently in stores. And acting like Karen or a Darren will get you nowhere as there is nothing the store you purchase from has any ability to change the national situation.

I sure do wish Biden would butt out of Canadian issues. Must be him that is responsible for our worker shortage, supply chain issues and current inflation rates...of yeah and gas prices. He really screwed Canada's oil supply up big time when he cancelled the pipeline !
You forgot the sarcasm smilie...

Tell that to the thousands of OTR truck drivers that keep appointments across the nation
The thing is...they aren't keeping appointments; they haven't for grocery stores or the liquor industry for months now. I know: I deal with them every week and my shipments are light, if they show up on time....I recently had to wait two weeks for an OTR that can make the trip in five days. Your statement doesn't jibe with the reality of the situation.

To be clear: I am not blaming the drivers, just noting that the situation is not what you think it is...especially since the nation is down 50,000 drivers at the moment.

Read the thread...specifically, post #22.

You are dismissed.
One single bullshit partisan post backed up by nothing else is pure crappola.
You summarily try and dismiss folks who call you on your bullshit posts when you can substantiate nothing.
You pull this garbage all the time.
You never post honest material, ever. NOT EVER.
Dismiss me again and run away. Run fast.

Tell that to the thousands of OTR truck drivers that keep appointments across the nation
Warehouses run JIT. Period.
Only the OEM carries no inventory - suppliers and their warehouses carry the inventory.
Trucks supply local warehouses - they supply the OEM.
That’s why all the suppliers locate close to the OEM.
True JIT is a bullshit pipedream for everyone other than the OEM.

Bullshit. They are playing politics. There is nothing they can do but waste people's time.
Clearly they met with the parties involved to work things out between them. What remains to be seen is how effective this all turns out to be. Sure, there's a political benefit to get involved, but it's at least one that may have a positive outcome.

Yes, I know this already. Even your linked title says "Record number of container ships waiting to enter ports of Los Angeles, Long Beach." I was responding to "The idea is to reduce the number of ships sitting outside the loading areas so they can be offloaded more effectively through doing so at varying hours etc." So the link you provided is contrary to what you were claiming.

I've seen the negative effect of such lean sigma type thinking for maybe 20 years now, but never this bad. I'm surprised people didn't learn from the minor glitches it caused in the past.
They are waiting to enter ports because there is a backlog of ships there which have not been offloaded yet; if we can get the containers off of ships and onto trucks, then that will help reduce the wait time for the ships still waiting to come in.

I've seen the negative effect of such lean sigma type thinking for maybe 20 years now, but never this bad. I'm surprised people didn't learn from the minor glitches it caused in the past.
We're a nation of short term thinkers, so it shouldn't be too surprising.

There is no worker shortage at the ports.

There is a driver/truck shortage at the ports.
do you have a link for that I haven't seen any saying that
a few days ago it showed on TV truckers lined up at the ports waiting to get loaded and saying the port needs more workers to load their trucks
some of them said they are waiting 10/12 hours if not more
Have a nice night

The thing is...they aren't keeping appointments; they haven't for grocery stores or the liquor industry for months now. I know: I deal with them every week and my shipments are light, if they show up on time....I recently had to wait two weeks for an OTR that can make the trip in five days. Your statement doesn't jibe with the reality of the situation.

To be clear: I am not blaming the drivers, just noting that the situation is not what you think it is...especially since the nation is down 50,000 drivers at the moment.
JIT has been the norm for decades now. That has fallen apart in the last couple of months along with most everything else since Biden came to power.

Biden needs to override California's absurd trucking regulations that are damaging the whole country.

He also needs to stop blocking US drilling and pipelines so diesel price can drop and make trucking profitable again.

If it wasn't so sad it might be fun watching the MAGA freaks complain about not being able to get their imports fast enough.

55935db8b5d9087996352f61a6a2ff29b6c7e3f8.jpg

They truly are a special kind of stupid.

f03fdd118e6365ba654ab976a6e8028ae21e2137.png

Imbeciles.

Last edited:
Warehouses run JIT. Period.
Only the OEM carries no inventory - suppliers and their warehouses carry the inventory.
Trucks supply local warehouses - they supply the OEM.
That’s why all the suppliers locate close to the OEM.
True JIT is a bullshit pipedream for everyone other than the OEM.
Not all that long ago I drove OTR for a short while. Thought it was a good way to get paid for seeing the country.
Nearly 100% of the time I delivered directly to store fronts or distribution centers where products were taken out of my truck and put into small local trucks to be delivered to stores. Rarely if ever did I deliver to a warehouse.
My main haul was garlic from Gilroy California to Tampa Florida keeping JIT appointments at stores all along the way.
Most of America small business runs on JIT.

Automate trucking with EV and be done with it.
Will you take responsibility for this unproven technology and assume the liability? Not only is EV technology lackluster at the moment (not close to performance and longevity compared to fossil fuels), the navigational capabilities are still not completely mature (e.g. accidents have and continue to happen).

If it wasn't so sad it might be fun watching the MAGA freaks complain about not being able to get their imports fast enough.

55935db8b5d9087996352f61a6a2ff29b6c7e3f8.jpg

They truly are a special kind of stupid.

f03fdd118e6365ba654ab976a6e8028ae21e2137.png

Imbeciles.
Yeah. This is Biden's tenth month as president. Long past the time he can blame his predessesor.

What's "even CNN" supposed to mean? Of all the idiotic ways to try to imply nefariousness.....

Yeah. Supply-chain disaster. We know. We've been telling you about that since COVID started, but you were all too busy trying to downplay/deny/etc its severity and impact. You're still doing it. COVID caused the supply chain disaster.

And apparenty you now want to recognize the supply chain disaster (under the derpy rubric of "even CNN is reporting . . . ") while simultaneously trying to blame inflation exclusively on Biden when in fact it's the supply chain disaster meeting pent up demand due to COVID.

PS: hahaha....and you don't even know that the blocked pipeline wasn't going to be transporting oil from Canada that could be refined into gasoline or that would in any way benefit American markets, but rather sold on the world market to be turned into some kind of industrial lubricant, often in China.
What a crock of shit .. Inflation is the result of COVID, and we shouldn't blame Biden; however, this ruleset didn't apply during 2020 due to the same COVID restrictions.

Which way is it? Biden OWNS Covid .. he's the CIC, has claimed accountability and he's who we should be pointing fingers at ...

Not all that long ago I drove OTR for a short while. Thought it was a good way to get paid for seeing the country.
Nearly 100% of the time I delivered directly to store fronts or distribution centers where products were taken out of my truck and put into small local trucks to be delivered to stores. Rarely if ever did I deliver to a warehouse.
My main haul was garlic from Gilroy California to Tampa Florida keeping JIT appointments at stores all along the way.
Most of America small business runs on JIT.
Ah, I see your point.
my experience 2 as a Tier 1 Honda supplier.
You make a lot of sense. thanks

Trump blamed Obama for 4 years.
Really? You have some quotes? I dont remember that at all.

Trump's style is to talk about Trump.

He the only person more obsessed with Trump than liberals are.

Really? You have some quotes? I dont remember that at all.

Trump's style is to talk about Trump.

He the only person more obsessed with Trump than liberals are.
Trumps style is to blame everyone else for his failures and constantly bullshit and lie like a snake. **** Trump.

Quite frankly, I'm OK with imports having a problem making their destination.

WAKE UP AMERICA!

We need to start manufacturing here again.

Do you vote republican? (if not, ignore) You think Republicans want to manufacture here? They whine about raising wages for employees and how hard it is on business. They really don't care about anything other than corporate profits. And manufacturing here will cost more. I'm all for it, but for some reason the right believes its the democrats fault (this may not be you), but have republicans shown any desire to do anything other than give companies tax breaks (and not breaks to manufacture here), reduce regulations so they can profit more, whine about any new regulations, whine about pay wages and how it will harm the companies, so they most certainly won't give a shit about manfuacturing overseas. Everything they do is to make sure companies get max profits at all costs. They talk a lot of shit, but they do nothing about it. They do nothing. When in power, its nothing but tax cuts and stacking courts, who always rule in favor of corporations over people. When they are not in power, they block everything.

Back
Top Bottom