• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Even Children With No Symptoms Can Spread COVID. CDC Report Suggests.

The date of infection is irrelevant. The international airports In NY and LA are going to see the first cases. Then cities like NY with subways will be hit hardest at first. The East coast took the brunt because of population density and the travel between cities. Our are was hit first and hard because of all the idiots in NY and NJ who fled to our state instead staying put and quarantine.

Non of that matters because it just failed local leadership that should have taken the necessary steps each state needs to take to protect the people. Montana vs NYC have completely different problems to address. Either way essential businesses like Amazon and the Post Office proved beyond any doubt that shutting down was never necessary just adapting to the situation. I have been going to my barber for months now without incident not because the virus is gone but because we can act responsibly. The destruction of our economy was purely political by the left to attack Trump after their coup failed.

Montana is the 40[sup]th[/sup] best in "Cases per Million" - New York is the 18[sup]th[/sup].

20-09-16 D3 - Red vs Blue States - Cases per Million.jpg

Montana is the 31[sup]st[/sup] best in "Deaths per Million" - New York is the 48[sup]th[/sup].

]20-09-16 D2 - Red vs Blue States - Death per Million.jpg

Montana is the 19[sup]th[/sup] best in "Recovered per Million" - New York is the 24[sup]th[/sup].

20-09-16 D5 - Red vs Blue States - Recovered per Million.jpg

Those companies have gigantic pockets and are demanding liability protection from the govt for the vaccines.

The "safest" thing for the drug companies to do would be to emphasize (as strongly as possible) the negative consequences of using their vaccine while expressing the highest level of doubt about the effectiveness of their vaccine AND to absolutely refuse to have anything whatsoever to do with the distribution of their vaccine AND to refuse to sell it to ANYONE without a specific government order (preferably in the form of actual legislation with severe penalties for refusal to comply [although a "Presidential Order" MIGHT suffice]) to do so.

Maybe you should try to comprehend that there are many meanings and uses of the word.

So, does that mean that you would agree that, "IF you call a dog's tail a leg, THEN a dog has five legs." (as Mr. Lincoln once asked of the person he was debating [and as the person he was debating agreed])?

So, does that mean that you would agree that, "IF you call a dog's tail a leg, THEN a dog has five legs." (as Mr. Lincoln once asked of the person he was debating [and as the person he was debating agreed])?

You think Barrow, Alaska has the same problems as NYC with this virus? Get a grip already.

You think Barrow, Alaska has the same problems as NYC with this virus?

Now where did you ever see me say anything even remotely resembling that?

Get a grip already.

Possibly you might want to pay attention to what things like "Cases per million" or "Deaths per million actually mean.

Possibly you might also want to start remembering that the United States of America is ONE COUNTRY and not a bunch of independent principalities semi-united into two groups - one of which worships "The Red Religion" and the other of which worships "The Blue Religion".

How are the states doing vis-a-vis each other? Well, as for cases, we have:

20-09-22 D2 - Red vs Blue - Cases.JPG

with the "Red States" continuing their proportionate increase and also increasing their cases per million faster than the "Blue States".

And as for deaths, we have:

20-09-22 D3 Red vs Blue - Deaths.JPG

again with the "Red States" continuing their proportionate increase and also increasing their deaths per million faster than the "Blue States".

On the other hand, if you want to consider that the United States of America is a country, you might want to look at how it is doing viv-a-vis the other major economically developed countries - in which case you have to look at:

20-09-22 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID TABLE.JPG

in which case you will see that IN EVERY ONE of those areas a person picked at random has a LOWER chance of dying from COVID-19 that does a person picked at random in the United States of America. (Although that table doesn't show it, and if the current trends continue unchanged, by the end of October the chance of dying from COVID-19 in ALL of those areas will be lower than 95% that of the US.

Possibly you might also want to start remembering that the United States of America is ONE COUNTRY and not a bunch of independent principalities semi-united into two groups - one of which worships "The Red Religion" and the other of which worships "The Blue Religion".

And I thought we were the United States of America. So there is no need for state or local government.

Why would anyone think any differently? Kids are full of germs and spread them easily because they cough/sneeze without covering it, don't wash their hands well (or at all) and some touch everything and everyone.

And I thought we were the United States of America. So there is no need for state or local government.

Hogwash!

What is supposed to be united are all the local forms of government.

That does not mean that the local forms of government have to be absolutely identical or that there should be a dictatorial national government which can impose the will of the minority on the remainder of the country.

The unity is to advance a common cause and to benefit all of the citizenry (as far as possible).

Hogwash!

That does not mean that the local forms of government have to be absolutely identical or that there should be a dictatorial national government which can impose the will of the minority on the remainder of the country.

The unity is to advance a common cause and to benefit all of the citizenry (as far as possible).
Wrong local forms of government are to address and take care of the needs of the people of a particular area. The people of Hawaii do not need snow removal. North Dakota does.

Wrong local forms of government are to address and take care of the needs of the people of a particular area. The people of Hawaii do not need snow removal. North Dakota does.

And how does that support your statement
And I thought we were the United States of America. So there is no need for state or local government.​
"So there is no need for state or local government."?

And how does that support your statement
"So there is no need for state or local government."?
If you cannot understand the need for state and local government I do not have the time to teach you.

Hogwash!

No. I don't want to live by the rules in LA or NYC. That is why I will not move there or live there. If their citizens are not responsible enough to have hand guns then they shouldn't have them. I will live were the people are responsible enough to have them. I like freedom of choice not to be micromanaged by Pelosi and the democrats. Maybe they are like little children that need someone to rule them. I will stick with freedom of choice. Luckily we can do this in our country. Those that need the government to tell them what to do can live in one area and the rest of us can live in another.

Err... haven't we known that all along?

If you cannot understand the need for state and local government I do not have the time to teach you.

Now you have me confused.

It was you, NOT I, who said:

and it was I, NOT you, who said:

Hogwash!

Now you want everyone to believe that it was the other way around?!?

Exactly how stupid do you assume 100% of the membership of DP (yourself excluded) is?

No. I don't want to live by the rules in LA or NYC. That is why I will not move there or live there. If their citizens are not responsible enough to have hand guns then they shouldn't have them. I will live were the people are responsible enough to have them. I like freedom of choice not to be micromanaged by Pelosi and the democrats. Maybe they are like little children that need someone to rule them. I will stick with freedom of choice. Luckily we can do this in our country. Those that need the government to tell them what to do can live in one area and the rest of us can live in another.

So? How does that square with your "So there is no need for state or local government." (other than "Not one damn bit - and I'll deny ever posting it from now until the heat death of the universe. In fact I have absolutely no idea who hacked my account and posted

but I'm going to lodge a complaint with the moderators and have them banned for life when I do find out who it was." I mean)?

Now you have me confused.

It was you, NOT I, who said:

and it was I, NOT you, who said:

Now you want everyone to believe that it was the other way around?!?

Exactly how stupid do you assume 100% of the membership of DP (yourself excluded) is?
All the local forms of government are not supposed to be united. I do not want to live like the people in NYC or LA. I want my freedom.

So? How does that square with your "So there is no need for state or local government." (other than "Not one damn bit - and I'll deny ever posting it from now until the heat death of the universe. In fact I have absolutely no idea who hacked my account and posted
but I'm going to lodge a complaint with the moderators and have them banned for life when I do find out who it was." I mean)?
It is a forum. Don't let it get the better of you. Now if they hack into my bank account I will be upset.

All the local forms of government are not supposed to be united.

So what, it was you that said the they were not needed at all.

I do not want to live like the people in NYC or LA.

So don't live there.

I want my freedom.

Then might I suggest that, since

The jurisdictions that took the top 10 places, in order, were New Zealand, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Canada, Australia, Denmark and Luxembourg (tied in 6th place), Finland and Germany (tied in 8th place), and Ireland. Selected countries rank as follows: Sweden (11), United Kingdom (14), United States (15), ...
[SOURCE]

might I suggest that you consider re-locating. Heck, in eight of the other countries listed above you don't even have to learn any language but American and you can likely get along in American in the remaining four. Of course you will have to pay taxes to the US even if you never set foot in the US for the rest of your life.

So what, it was you that said the they were not needed at all.

So don't live there.

Then might I suggest that, since
The jurisdictions that took the top 10 places, in order, were New Zealand, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Canada, Australia, Denmark and Luxembourg (tied in 6th place), Finland and Germany (tied in 8th place), and Ireland. Selected countries rank as follows: Sweden (11), United Kingdom (14), United States (15), ...​
[SOURCE]​

might I suggest that you consider re-locating. Heck, in eight of the other countries listed above you don't even have to learn any language but American and you can likely get along in American in the remaining four. Of course you will have to pay taxes to the US even if you never set foot in the US for the rest of your life.
I do not want to relocate. I just want to keep my rights and freedom. I see no need to change our government every time my party doesn't win an election like the cry babies on the left do.

you wouldn't understand.
I understand that some people think its fine to treat healthy people as if they infected even though there is no evidence that they are. You are using the same logic as stop n frisk, and profiling but your version is on steroids.

Back
Top Bottom