• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Evangelicals think Trump uses secret hand signals to show he’s really a devout ......

Re: Evangelicals think Trump uses secret hand signals to show he’s really a devout ..

What about the Martians? Martians deserve equality under the law too.

C'mon, Winston. Everybody knows that all Martians go to Michelle Bachmann's church.

Besides Martian are tentacley and stuff so they don't even have hands to make secret hand gestures....

Re: Evangelicals think Trump uses secret hand signals to show he’s really a devout ..

What about the Martians? Martians deserve equality under the law too.

I saw the good preacher on both CNN and MSNBC praising the Trump hand signal's point his finger up to God......................Point being Dangerous Donald sure can attract a gaggle of goofballs and weirdo's who think ole bully boy is the answer to all of America's problems...........

That's ONE guy. Not a gaggle of goofballs, but ONE person....

We know that the Clintons pretended to be______fill in the blank___,
we know the Obamas pretended to be______fill in the blank__,
we know the Trumps pretend to be______fill in the blank___,
for political convenience.
Whether either of them are devout Christians or not, we leave that to the Lord himself to decide. He is the only one who knows their heart.

Don't like Trump? Ok. Just don't suck whatever absurd reasons from every pebble you find by the roadside. The man has enough going against him (yes, so does Clinton) to last a lifetime. No need to make it up, or come up with yet more anti Christian rhetoric.
We are all being duped. No one has been crowned the most gullible yet.

Whether Trump is "dangerous" is an entirely different point; your OP identifies Trump allegedly throwing hand signals as the issue.

And again, :roll: This is just as silly as the nonsense back-in-the-day about Dubya throwing satanic hand signals when all he was doing was throwing "Hook 'em, Horns." :roll:

No I never said that.....I reported it...........and was a comment by one of those RW ministers.......Didn't you read the news report?

According to your article, it was one guy who made this claim. How does that translate to "Evangelicals"? Good grief, libs are sooooo gullible. :doh

Reporting the "hand signals is being gullible?.......... Did you even bother to read the news report? Had you.........you well may not have posted as you have

The gaggle of goofballs is not just a minister...........It very well may be................ even some of the folks who post here........

Have you ever considered that?

Reporting the "hand signals is being gullible?.......... Did you even bother to read the news report? Had you.........you well may not have posted as you have
It says one guy made the claim, not "evangelical leaders" .

It says one guy made the claim, not "evangelical leaders" .

I never said "evangelical leader"...........I think you are referring to the news report identifying a man well know minister who is highly regarded in the evangelical community.........

Did the author of the news repost identify the minister as a leader?

For myself, I am not familiar with the man or his leadership?;)

Evangelicals think Trump uses secret hand signals to show he’s really a devout Christian
Evangelicals think Trump uses secret hand signals to show he’s really a devout Christian

“… the thrice-married “vulgarian” Donald Trump really a devout Christian at heart? Most people who evaluated him rationally would probably conclude that he isn’t. That said, it seems some Evangelical leaders who are supporting Trump desperately want to believe that Jesus is just alright with Trump, which is why they’re inventing some pretty loopy theories to justify their support for him.
In a Bloomberg report on Trump’s courting of the Evangelical vote, we learn that “at one recent meeting with Trump, evangelical leaders noted how he often flashes a signature hand gesture, with a thumb out and a finger point to the sky, as he enters and exits rallies.”…………

Trump Looks to Evangelicals for Financial Boost - Bloomberg Politics

And the reason why most cannot understand him is because he speaks in ‘tongues’ ……….

While I strongly doubt most evangelical "Christians" think Trump is a Christian at all, I'm sure that there's a few - like the one in the article - who have drank the "Dems and liberals are the devil" Kool-Aid for so long that they will look for anything, even the least thread to hang onto, to give them an excuse to think that Trump is as Christian as they believe themselves to be.

Who knew that the middle finger was a secret Christian blessing? Drivers in Toronto must be on the way to heaven with all those blessing confer upon them.

Who knew that the middle finger was a secret Christian blessing? Drivers in Toronto must be on the way to heaven with all those blessing confer upon them.

Do you remember G.W'. misinterpreted aggie hook? Man oh man, no wonder Hugo was so confused.

Except I've been told multiple times by different Trump supporters that he speaks to them through "nonverbal cues." While this highly specific example may be isolated, it's a subset of the same theme I've been hearing repeatedly with eerie reliability on this board. I genuinely wonder just how widespread this is among his supporters. Is this just a few loons or is this a real Trump supporter thing?

I never said "evangelical leader"...........I think you are referring to the news report identifying a man well know minister who is highly regarded in the evangelical community.........

Did the author of the news repost identify the minister as a leader?

For myself, I am not familiar with the man or his leadership?;)

Your thread title says "evangelicals".

The gaggle of goofballs is not just a minister...........It very well may be................ even some of the folks who post here........

Have you ever considered that?

It's sad that just because people support ideas that you disagree with, that you have to insult them. Maybe you should contact your local Bigots Anonymous group and see if they have an opening...

Except I've been told multiple times by different Trump supporters that he speaks to them through "nonverbal cues." While this highly specific example may be isolated, it's a subset of the same theme I've been hearing repeatedly with eerie reliability on this board. I genuinely wonder just how widespread this is among his supporters. Is this just a few loons or is this a real Trump supporter thing?

Could you point out where those comments were made, because I've never seen anything even remotely like that. Conservatives tend to be bad at reading between the lines, nuanced kind of stuff. We like things pretty straight-forward and clear, so something like what you're claiming tends to run opposite to my experiences with conservatives.

“… the thrice-married “vulgarian” Donald Trump really a devout Christian at heart? Most people who evaluated him rationally would probably conclude that he isn’t. That said, it seems some Evangelical leaders who are supporting Trump desperately want to believe that Jesus is just alright with Trump, which is why they’re inventing some pretty loopy theories to justify their support for him.
In a Bloomberg report on Trump’s courting of the Evangelical vote, we learn that “at one recent meeting with Trump, evangelical leaders noted how he often flashes a signature hand gesture, with a thumb out and a finger point to the sky, as he enters and exits rallies.”…………

Trump Looks to Evangelicals for Financial Boost - Bloomberg Politics

And the reason why most cannot understand him is because he speaks in ‘tongues’ ……….

I won't believe it until I see his image burned into a piece of toast.

I won't believe it until I see his image burned into a piece of toast.
trump.jpg

Could you point out where those comments were made, because I've never seen anything even remotely like that. Conservatives tend to be bad at reading between the lines, nuanced kind of stuff. We like things pretty straight-forward and clear, so something like what you're claiming tends to run opposite to my experiences with conservatives.

The search function on this site is so perfectly broken that finding anything requires nothing short of a magical incantation, but there are multiple threads like the following, such as in post #306. In fact, there's something so screwy with this site that even trying to do a search from google (using "site:debatepolitics.com) doesn't work very well.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...tal-video-tucson-rally-31.html#post1065687479

Edit: okay, here's another emphasizing an odd fascination with Trump's "non-verbal" form of communication, post #3 and #7.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/252742-vote-your-next-president.html#post1065835010

Last edited:

The search function on this site is so perfectly broken that finding anything requires nothing short of a magical incantation, but there are multiple threads like the following, such as in post #306. In fact, there's something so screwy with this site that even trying to do a search from google (using "site:debatepolitics.com) doesn't work very well.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...tal-video-tucson-rally-31.html#post1065687479

Edit: okay, here's another emphasizing an odd fascination with Trump's "non-verbal" form of communication, post #3 and #7.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/252742-vote-your-next-president.html#post1065835010

Huh????
Here's what I was responding to:
Except I've been told multiple times by different Trump supporters that he speaks to them through "nonverbal cues." While this highly specific example may be isolated, it's a subset of the same theme I've been hearing repeatedly with eerie reliability on this board.
You offered me quotes from two people, one that said that Trump included non-verbal communication, the other that did a really crappy job of trying to make a point using an example of non-verbal communication. How does this equate to what you said???

Huh????
Here's what I was responding to:

You offered me quotes from two people, one that said that Trump included non-verbal communication, the other that did a really crappy job of trying to make a point using an example of non-verbal communication. How does this equate to what you said???

Um...how does that *not* equate to what I said?

Um...how does that *not* equate to what I said?
Because you tried to make it sound like there was some kind of trend among conservatives discussing Trump's non-verbal communication and all you could offer were two isolated REALLY bad examples. By your standard, all Bernie supporters are planning on voting for Hillary when she gets the official blessing of the DNC.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/2016-...know-democratic-party-cheating-americans.html

Because you tried to make it sound like there was some kind of trend among conservatives discussing Trump's non-verbal communication and all you could offer were two isolated REALLY bad examples. By your standard, all Bernie supporters are planning on voting for Hillary when she gets the official blessing of the DNC.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/2016-...know-democratic-party-cheating-americans.html

You misunderstand. I'm not making a statement about the number of Trump supporters talking about nonverbal cues. I'm not saying all Trump supporters are talking about nonverbal cues, but only Trump supporters are talking about nonverbal cues. It's a bizarrely specific phenomenon. It would be like if only Paul Ryan supporters said that listening to him speak made them think about cats in the sky. You'd be like, "Uh, okayyyyyy, that's....different."

You misunderstand. I'm not making a statement about the number of Trump supporters talking about nonverbal cues. I'm not saying all Trump supporters are talking about nonverbal cues, but only Trump supporters are talking about nonverbal cues. It's a bizarrely specific phenomenon. It would be like if only Paul Ryan supporters said that listening to him speak made them think about cats in the sky. You'd be like, "Uh, okayyyyyy, that's....different."

???? Still doesn't make any sense.... Neither of the posts you referred to were about non-verbal cues, just referenced them, one as a really bad example and the other just in passing. Until this thread, I've never heard ANYONE on EITHER side bring up Trump's non-verbal cues... Google "Trump non-verbal cues" and see what you get. See how many pages deep you have to go before you find a conservative specifically addressing Trump's non-verbal cues. You'll find a couple talking about all the candidates, but not one that focuses on Trump... Now do the same for Hillary and you'll find them ont eh first page of results...

???? Still doesn't make any sense.... Neither of the posts you referred to were about non-verbal cues, just referenced them, one as a really bad example and the other just in passing. Until this thread, I've never heard ANYONE on EITHER side bring up Trump's non-verbal cues... Google "Trump non-verbal cues" and see what you get. See how many pages deep you have to go before you find a conservative specifically addressing Trump's non-verbal cues. You'll find a couple talking about all the candidates, but not one that focuses on Trump... Now do the same for Hillary and you'll find them ont eh first page of results...

Neither of the posts I referred to were about non-verbal cues, just the ones that specifically talked about nonverbal cues. Did you even click on my links?

Back
Top Bottom