• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Evangelicals are teaching false doctrine. Who says so? Jesus Christ

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

3/20/21
I was raised by a pair of wild hippies, so my heart has always been committed to liberal ideology. As a Bible-believing Christian, however, I was surrounded by evangelical theology throughout my youth, in various churches, Bible camps and so on. If I happened to mention voting for Al Gore, I was told by my classmates that God keeps a record of my voting history and that I had voted for a man who endorses baby-killing and tearing down the American family. Honestly, I was just hoping that President Gore might help save the planet and not make up a reason to go to war in Iraq. The truth then, and even more so now, is that we cannot separate Republicans, and now the Trumpists, from the evangelicals. I have seen my fellow "Christian left" types attempting to reform the God vote — in fact, I've done it myself — but I feel we have been too timid in our approach. Stronger language and a pure rejection of evangelical theology is needed. From a purely Christian point of view, the evangelical leadership are false teachers teaching a false doctrine. Trumpism cannot be defeated without first facing down evangelicalism. Jesus Christ, who these people claim as their savior, himself provided a warning against these religious hypocrites in Matthew 23: Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people's faces.

The only real threat to Christianity is Christianity itself. Leading evangelical pastors like Franklin Graham and Robert Jeffress made a passionate plea for Christian voters to ignore Trump's shortcomings as a man because he stands with the Christian church on all things that are right and true. Apparently, that means Christians must shut the door to all LGBTQ people, abortion providers, liberals, immigrants, Muslims and anyone who happens to mention taxing the wealthy. False teachers have always believed that their financial wealth means favor with God. Many of these current evangelical leaders love to quote Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and his message of love and forgiveness. Many would like to forget that most conservative Christian leaders rejected Dr. King's message while he was alive, and some believed he was a communist. It is no mystery to me why there is no picture of the great Rev. Billy Graham marching with Dr. King. These false evangelical leaders expose themselves again as they reject the Rev. William J. Barber II's message about honoring and uplifting the poor, which is far more clearly based in Christian doctrine than anything they preach. These false evangelical Christian leaders never understood Dr. King's message to follow Jesus into those places in America where poor people struggle and suffer and too often die, and they never will.

Amen brother, Amen.

Moral hypocrisy is the motivation to appear moral, while avoiding the cost of being moral. (i.e. support a president accused by 26 women of sexual misconduct in order to fortify Christian sexual preferences and abortion ideology).

Its not hard to figure out why: Politically, no matter WHO evangelicals support are going to dumped upon (I mean-- critics said Mitt Romney was a bad guy because he apparently put his dog on the roof).
So they might as well support someone who will fight for what they believe, even if theologically and morally he leaves a lot to be desired.

BTW-- you didn't mention Mr. Trump's long support , or at least no particular objection, of gay rights (he was after first president elected supporting this).

Amen brother, Amen.

Moral hypocrisy is the motivation to appear moral, while avoiding the cost of being moral. (i.e. support a president accused by 26 women of sexual misconduct in order to fortify Christian sexual preferences and abortion ideology).
It seems that various sects of Christianity have single-issued themselves into undying support for Republicans even though Republicans are particularly un-Christina in most things they do. I cannot think of one more anti-Christian than Trump, he used religion and belief as nothing more than a marketing tool. It's all to grab onto the abortion, somehow. But besides things at State level, there's not really been a lot of movement on that end, so it seems they've sold out to larger sins for the chance to appear to be against one other.

Amen brother, Amen.

Moral hypocrisy is the motivation to appear moral while avoiding the cost of being moral. (i.e. support a president accused by 26 women of sexual misconduct in order to fortify Christian sexual preferences and abortion ideology).

1.)If evangelical conservatives were required to live by the teachings of the man who they voluntarily claim to be the son of god and their personal savior they would claim to be a victim of religious persecution.

2.) White evangelical Christian is a 21st-century euphemism for Dixiecrat.

3.) Evangelical and Christian conservatives are desperate to hide their racism and bigotry behind obscure cheery picked passages of the bible, usually taken out of contact as a way to legitimize their bigotry and hide it behind the religious protections of the 1st amendment as a way to force others to tolerate it and make it socially permissible, despite what Jesus taught.

Salon.com...experts in Christian bashing. Look at Jeffery Tayler's crap.

Back
Top Bottom