• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Europe's travel windows are slamming shut

Metric Mouse

Your hi-top sneakers and your sailor tattoos.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Europe'''s travel windows are slamming shut | CNN Travel

This comes as Belgium adds Malta to its higher risk list, along with Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Bulgaria and the UK. Norway has added a number of destinations including Greece, Ireland, and Austria.
France was last week added to the UK's unsafe list, prompting yowls of protest both from the legions of British vacationers who see sojourning in their neighbor as an annual rite of summer, but also from French authorities who threatened reciprocal quarantine measure on arrivals from the UK.

What a mess. Probably a good summer to stay home and stay safe. There's always next year to vacation. We're all in this together.

Europe'''s travel windows are slamming shut | CNN Travel

What a mess. Probably a good summer to stay home and stay safe. There's always next year to vacation. We're all in this together.

There's no way to explain how much I miss Europe. We had to cancel a trip to Paris in April and it is not easy thinking about not going back anytime soon.

Americans are now persona non grata in so many countries. Who can blame them. We have done such a horrible job at containing or mitigating the virus why would anyone want Americans in their country now. It would be like inviting Typhoid Mary for the weekend.

We generally don't go in the summer because of the crowds. However, we were in Munich and Salzburg in December for the Christmas markets (Christmas markets were my wife's choice, not mine) and it was sooooooooo damned crowded. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it.

We can get very cheap flights to many places in Europe now. The problem is either Americans are generally not permitted or there are 2 week isolations required upon arrival.

There's Iceland, but we'd prefer to go back in the winter.

All trump's fault

There's no way to explain how much I miss Europe. We had to cancel a trip to Paris in April and it is not easy thinking about not going back anytime soon.

Americans are now persona non grata in so many countries. Who can blame them. We have done such a horrible job at containing or mitigating the virus why would anyone want Americans in their country now. It would be like inviting Typhoid Mary for the weekend.

We generally don't go in the summer because of the crowds. However, we were in Munich and Salzburg in December for the Christmas markets (Christmas markets were my wife's choice, not mine) and it was sooooooooo damned crowded. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it.

We can get very cheap flights to many places in Europe now. The problem is either Americans are generally not permitted or there are 2 week isolations required upon arrival.

I'm still smarting over Trump pulling Cuba tourist visas! That's been a life-long dream. And I refuse to even consider doing any dubious workarounds. I don't screw around with international border crossings. Not at all.

I definitly dont stay home. Its my freedom to travel and i need that as much as air to breath.

Without travel I may last five minutes at the most before dying.

Yeah. And now Europeans are turning on each other as well. Belguim is blocking their neighbors. The UK has excluded people from Spain and France. It seems that no one trusts anyone anymore. It's a sad change.

So, after European countries blocked Americans from entering - and liberals here blamed Trump for that -, we now find that the European countries are blocking each other, too ... :lol:

That does seem to be the case. It's an isolationism I've not seen in my lifetime. Like something out of the 30s.

Yeah. And now Europeans are turning on each other as well. Belguim is blocking their neighbors. The UK has excluded people from Spain and France. It seems that no one trusts anyone anymore. It's a sad change.

It is a sad change. Until most people get serious about COVID it is not going away.

I give a **** about that. Already booked my 2 week travel to Sardiania in two weeks. Im young, this **** does nothing to me.

In which case you are sadly misinformed. You are an adult and as vulnerable to infection as everyone else. You could be carrying the virus right now and not even know it. Better get tested before you go; Sardinia doesn't need another lockdown.

In which case you are sadly misinformed. You are an adult and as vulnerable to infection as everyone else. You could be carrying the virus right now and not even know it. Better get tested before you go; Sardinia doesn't need another lockdown.

I call that life risk. Beside that, Sardinia has more cases than my state Thüringen in Germany.

Back
Top Bottom