• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Europe's Largest Nuclear Power Plant on Fire

Cordelier

18th Earl of Diddly
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Driving on the Parkway/Parking on the Driveway
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-04/russia-ukraine-war-invasion-updates/100880512

It gets better and better... Europe's largest nuclear power plant is now on fire after a Russian attack. The nuclear plant at Enerhodar, located in the Southern Ukraine, is currently burning and firefighters can't respond due to Russian gunfire. Scientists warn that if it explodes, it could potentially be ten times worse than the Chernobyl disaster.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-04/russia-ukraine-war-invasion-updates/100880512

It gets better and better... Europe's largest nuclear power plant is now on fire after a Russian attack. The nuclear plant at Enerhodar, located in the Southern Ukraine, is currently burning and firefighters can't respond due to Russian gunfire. Scientists warn that if it explodes, it could potentially be ten times worse than the Chernobyl disaster.
Russia's Chernobyl part 2?

Let's hope not. Part 1 was disastrous enough already.

Are these Russians totally nuts?

Russia's Chernobyl part 2?

Let's hope not. Part 1 was disastrous enough already.

Are these Russians totally nuts?

I think they were nuts for going into Ukraine in the first place.... lots of risk for minimal reward. I'm still trying to figure out what the upside was for them.

When you look at it that way, bombing a nuclear power plant is just an extension of the madness.

Dangerous as it might be, we may reach the point where we Have to get involved. One of our Warthog squadrons is directly descended from WWII's Flying Tigers. Hint, Hint.

I read that it is the perimeter buildings burning, not the reactor plant itself. I hope this is true and that the fires don't spread to the reactor buildings. How stupid can the Russian artillery officers be? Or was this ordered from on high.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Russia hasn't had much money lately for keeping them properly trained up.
That’s because they spent years saving up to avoid sanctions for this invasion

Dangerous as it might be, we may reach the point where we Have to get involved. One of our Warthog squadrons is directly descended from WWII's Flying Tigers. Hint, Hint.
Thinking 'out of the box' and along similar lines:

The Ukrainian Air Force needs A10s. Couple of questions.
  1. Does the US military not have any Ukrainian certified A10 pilots?
  2. Could not those pilots be ordered stationed to Poland or Romania?
  3. Could not those pilots happen to steal armed, fueled and prepped A10s from the flight line and fly them to the Ukraine?
  4. Could not the US military then file court martial charges, to be resolved after the conflict is over? (assuming the pilot survives)
  5. Could not those pilots then be found innocent in their court marshal? - extreme circumstances and such?
  6. Could not the US military then just send them to their home? Or back to the Ukraine?
Or is this just too far out of the box thinking?

I read that it is the perimeter buildings burning, not the reactor plant itself. I hope this is true and that the fires don't spread to the reactor buildings. How stupid can the Russian artillery officers be? Or was this ordered from on high.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

It's just a target to them. That's the way they think.

It's just a target to them. That's the way they think.
Having a Blood Chit on your jacket would mean you've served. Thank you for your service.
Having a Blood Chit on your jacket would also mean that you served in a primarily non-English speaking theater.

Stating 'It's just a target to them. That's the way they think.' would seem to indicate that you've interacted with Russian military personnel before?

Their great grandfathers ripped out toilets in Berlin and put them on transports back to the Rodina.

The country boys had never seen a porcelain convenience.

Yep. Nations aren't responsible for what volunteers in foreign wars do.

Their great grandfathers ripped out toilets in Berlin and put them on transports back to the Rodina.

The country boys had never seen a porcelain convenience.
That was some 80 years ago. You'd have thought that things would have changed since then.

Having a Blood Chit on your jacket would mean you've served. Thank you for your service.

Stating 'It's just a target to them. That's the way they think.' would seem to indicate that you've interacted with Russian military personnel before?

Well, I served... but not in the Flying Tigers *L*

I'm not THAT old.... and I was a little more ground bound.

I wear the chit to give the Communist Chinese the finger. Hands off Taiwan!

Yeah... was in Germany when the Wall came down. Didn't really interact with the Soviets much.... talked to a lot of East Germans coming across, though.

Thinking 'out of the box' and along similar lines:

The Ukrainian Air Force needs A10s. Couple of questions.
  1. Does the US military not have any Ukrainian certified A10 pilots?
  2. Could not those pilots be ordered stationed to Poland or Romania?
  3. Could not those pilots happen to steal armed, fueled and prepped A10s from the flight line and fly them to the Ukraine?
  4. Could not the US military then file court martial charges, to be resolved after the conflict is over? (assuming the pilot survives)
  5. Could not those pilots then be found innocent in their court marshal? - extreme circumstances and such?
  6. Could not the US military then just send them to their home? Or back to the Ukraine?
Or is this just too far out of the box thinking?
Yea as cool as that sounds this is real life not a Hollywood movie.

Yeah... was in Germany when the Wall came down. Didn't really interact with the Soviets much.... talked to a lot of East Germans coming across, though.
That must have been a real culture shock experience.

Back
Top Bottom