• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

European Union's next member: Ukraine

Day late and a dollar short if you ask me.

Wanna really put this all to the test?

NATO.

Putin made his threats. Do we trust them? Nukes? Would he kill himself along with the rest of us?

NATO.

Putin made his threats. Do we trust them? Nukes? Would he kill himself along with the rest of us?

Probably not

But the guy is an aging madman (like drumpf, by the way) so it' obviously something that the boyz in the Pentagon and NATO have to consider...

I'm not so sure. Even Orban spoke out against Putin.
Do some googling on the subject of Ukraine’s admittance into NATO. The various reasons why the country isn’t ready are well documented.

NATO.

would hope he kills himself before the rest of us if that were to happen. Very few people on Earth support his unjustified war crime that he knew violates all international laws.

would hope he kills himself before the rest of us if that were to happen. Very few people on Earth support his unjustified war crime that he knew violates all international laws.

I was getting at Putin's threat of using nukes if NATO jumps into the fight. Admitting Ukraine would put it to the test. Not sure I want to do that though....when someone like him is facing a loss of power, they can be erratic and dangerous.

Is anyone reading about the EU making history?

All Western leaders on both sides of the Atlantic are emphasizing they won't send troops to Ukraine to fight. If they're not even doing that, then they're not letting Ukraine into EU or NATO.

Remember, Ukraine is a divided society, and one third of Ukraine's population is Russian. So Zelensky doesn't represent all Ukrainians. The last Ukrainian who was elected to office from elections across the entire country was Yanuckovitch -- and he got overthrown by a Capitol Insurrection street coup.

I don't think NATO membership can work for a country that's divided about being in NATO. But you'll tell me, "Sure it can! If anyone gets elected with the wrong kind of views on NATO, then just get rid of them! Just say he's a stooge of Putin! Put together a dossier, get some fake FISA warrant, surveil the hell out of him, and start some fishing expedition that can be used to dig up any dirt on him, and just sandbag the guy until he's politically crippled and impeached! There's a template for all of this!" 😁

But really, I think that overreach will only sew dissension in NATO, and lead to its demise.

Last edited:
Remember, Ukraine is a divided society, and one third of Ukraine's population is Russian.
Hell, we're a divided society with a third of our country Russians also now. It's even next to their name (R).

Hell, we're a divided society with a third of our country Russians also now. It's even next to their name (R).

McCarthyite describing himself as "progressive" -- that's quite a switch

Back
Top Bottom