• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

European Union and Refugees

UniqueMe199780

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I don't know if you heard yet, but the European Union is in the process of instituting a $290k fine for those countries who don't accept "refugees". Personally, this fine would most definitely cause greater issues rather than solve any. For instance, if a small nation (e.g. Luxembourg) was forced to accept refugees, what would happen to their citizens? What if this small nation couldn't pay the fine? These are the questions that the EU should be asking, rather than just deciding to enforce a huge fine.

I always encourage healthy debate on issues like this. Please don't hesitate to voice your disagreements

I don't know if you heard yet, but the European Union is in the process of instituting a $290k fine for those countries who don't accept "refugees". Personally, this fine would most definitely cause greater issues rather than solve any. For instance, if a small nation (e.g. Luxembourg) was forced to accept refugees, what would happen to their citizens? What if this small nation couldn't pay the fine? These are the questions that the EU should be asking, rather than just deciding to enforce a huge fine.

I always encourage healthy debate on issues like this. Please don't hesitate to voice your disagreements

If the EU member states accept that, they deserve it.

I'd not heard this, but $290k is really nothing to any size of country. Even Greece or Malta could afford that. Seriously, you think $290,000 is a lot? It's really no kind of deterrent at all.

Back
Top Bottom